3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Just for today... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/250578-just-today.html)

wimama3 01-15-2012 10:47 AM

Just for today...

Well I will admit that I stole this "just for today" from an older posting I read and now can't find. But I thought it would be a good idea to start it up again. Some of the posts got me very emotional, some made me laugh, but all of them made me realize that lossing weight or getting started truely is a day at a time change. and that before we get to tomorrow, we have to make it through today. So with that in mind....

Just for today, I will take lossing weight seriously so that I can live life to the fullest. So that I can be here for my children and my some day grandchildren. So I won't die of CHF and leave my family to miss me.
Just for today, I will be honest with myself and start my journal to see just how much sh@# I eat in a day.
Just for today, I will not exersize, because if I'm going to be honest then I know I have to do this in baby steps and that rushing into this life style change could push me further way from my goal.

But all of this is just for today

luckymommy 01-15-2012 09:49 PM

Just for today, I will not binge because I feel so horrible afterwards and nothing tastes that great that it's worth feeling sick and guilty afterwards.

toobig 01-16-2012 06:03 AM

Just for today...

I will be nice to myself.
I will take care of me.
I will give my body wholesome food.

aliasihaya 01-16-2012 07:19 AM

Just for today, I will focus on my meal plan for today and stick with it.
Just for today, I will go to my therapist and be open to her helping me to recognize that I am worth it and it's the little victories that count.

Sunshine73 01-16-2012 10:25 AM

Just for today...

I will try to be kinder to myself.
I will not call myself any of the hideous names that normally float around in my brain
I will celebrate my victories and learn from my missteps without feeling like a failure

abbysue715 01-16-2012 11:50 AM

Just for today...

I will love myself right where I am at this moment. I will not talk bad about myself and I will appreciate my body for all that it can do instead of focusing on what it can't.

Moondance 01-16-2012 12:47 PM

Just for today...

I will stick to my eating plan
I will take a brisk walk
I will take pride in what I've already accomplished and use that for motivation to continue on

Huzzahforska 01-16-2012 01:48 PM

Just for today I will eat a piece of fruit with every meal I have today.

PrettyMom09 01-16-2012 01:58 PM

Just for today I will log everything I eat on my diary.

Just for today I will set a good example for my kids.