Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #31  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I can't complain about clothing sizes enough. The only thing I can consistently buy in the same size are shoes, so I've been able to order a pair online in the past. It's a good thing I'm not fitting room averse like some of my friends; I've accepted that even with the same manufacturer, same style and same size that two pairs of pants may not fit the same. I can't help but think that a major part of the problem is outsourcing the production to locations that will produce cheaply and quickly rather than accurately.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

Kahokkuri, much of it IS the outsourced production, when you are talking about variation within a brand. Also I find that some companies do different cuts intended for different figures on the designer's board, but that information never makes it to signage/labelling on the finished product (improving with the different jean cuts that are popular now.)
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #33  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Trying to change styles is such a pain! I bought a pair of "Rock Star" pants at Old Navy in a size 16, but in their other styles I was a 14 (in most) and almost a 12 (in some)! The difference between stretch jeans and non-stretch is mind-boggling, too. While I really think the industry needs to shape up and start streamlining sizing, I accept that I just have to try on every single thing I wear.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
I have problems with jeans. I cannot find jeans that are the right length. They're always too long and then I end up walking on them and they get all torn up and frayed. Ugh. I hate being short and fat.
my legs are super short comparatively, and it's very hard for me to find pants that fit too! even the petite or short length pants end up being too long . i have a pair that is so long, i have to roll them up 4x at 2 inch intervals!!! even though i'm overweight, i don't think it's even a fat issue-- it just seems that designers can be really insensitive to inseam length. it's times like these that i lament not having sizing guidelines men have (even if they might be off).
abejune23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I totally understand and am completely frustrated with clothes. I feel like I live at Lane Bryant. And even there I only see non-functional belts. And why is that when you're overweight they feel like a nice shirt needs to be bedazzled or full of crazy mixed up colors/patterns. I'd love to find just a nice solid colored blouse. And sadly when I walk through the mall and window shop and drool at 'normal' stores the majority of them cater to stick thin women. Even if I lost the 80 pounds that I need to I would never fit into the skinny jeans that I see in the window. I actually have hips and curves. When is the clothing industry going to come around and stop making clothes only for models? How long will it be for them to accept that there is a HUGE market for nice plus size clothes? That they should try to cater to the majority of women who are over a size 4. Ugh, I'm so fed up that clothes shopping for me is an excruciating chore. I end up getting sweat pants most of the time because it's easy. But that doesn't help me with work clothes. So when I find a shirt that I like I usually buy all of the colors that it comes in and/or wear it to death. I'm so tired of that. Anyway, I'll stop preaching to the choir. In the end it's just frustrating.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #36  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

i have a wide butt, long torso, big breasts, and short legs. so right now i like wearing junior sizes (sounds weird i know.) well the pants are 15. they are way too long and i have to roll them up. they are also too big and i got a simple braided belt from walmart. (i wear long t shirts so my belt hardly shows) the 13s are a bit too tight so im like urgh either my butt looks like its sagging or i get a camel toe >.< i cannot wear baby doll cut shirts. they show off my tummy which is a no no thanks to the stretch marks my lovely son gave to me =P also, there is no regulation on cup sizing after D on bras. im a 38DD so it sucks really bad getting a bra from other than VS. ive tried walmart. they are either way too big or fit like an A cup =/

Last edited by kimicat76; 01-15-2012 at 01:47 PM.
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote