only lost 2lbs in the first week?! that normal?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • im kind of disheartened that it seems ive only lost 2lbs in the first week of my weight loss programme? (well unless ive lost anymore today, which i doubt)
    ive been following my eating regime and drinking plenty of water. i know when ive done weight-watchers in the past i lost about 5-7lbs in my first week. im really confused to why ive only lost 2lbs any advice or help as to why this has happened?
  • probably didnt lose as much water weight as you did with weight watchers. if youre losing alot more then 2lbs a week its most likely water and muscle and not fat. sounds like you lost fat this time
  • I lost 2 lbs my first week and 5 the next. Points plus is different but I really like it. On the old plan I lost 7 the first week and none the second.
  • I lost 2lbs this week too. It seems to be pretty normal. Some diets you get a big loss in the first week but it's almost exclusively water weight.
  • "only" 2 pounds?

You still lost! That's wonderful! Be patient with your body; weight loss isn't a race.
  • im just impatient and -2lbs from all the weight i aim to lose is nothing compared to how much i have left, ill never do it at this rate =[ im just losing the motivatin. i mean 87lbs is a lot and going to take forever.
  • ive lost 70 and have 115 to go i wish i had 87 to go , youll do it itll just take more time than you thought
  • Being impatient and trying to lose faster is just a recipe for disaster

When I started up my weight loss journey again in May at 192 pounds after dropping 8 in December 2010, I lost at a rate of around 1.8 or 1.9 pounds a week (I forget exactly, I did the math not too long ago) and I got to my goal weight in approximately seven months.

Seven months to drop that much weight isn't long at all. 2 pounds here and there adds up. If you focus on the immediate and celebrate each time you lose a pound rather than getting upset that you haven't lost more, your weight loss journey will feel so much shorter than it really is.

Because I focused on one pound at a time it seemed like my goal creeped up on me! Time had flew by and I was there already!
  • yeah your right. ive given myself 1year to do it so thats still 357 days, 50 weeks. got plenty of time to lose it. i think because ive got so much fat on me i cant see the inches coming off. i mean is it possible to lose 14" off belly, 5" off bust, 7" off hips and 6" off thighs?
  • Quote: im just impatient and -2lbs from all the weight i aim to lose is nothing compared to how much i have left, ill never do it at this rate =[ im just losing the motivatin. i mean 87lbs is a lot and going to take forever.
    Keep going hun! You lost 2lbs, that's great, plus its more motivating that no loss at all. I'm in the same sort of starting position as you & I'm wanting to lose similar weight. Its a long road but as long as the numbers keeping coming down in the right direction we should be happy.
  • i guess that depends on what your measurements are at now? in the last 23lbs ive lost 5 inches off of bust stomach and hips each. unfortunately i had no butt to begin with lol
  • i want to be about 36/26/36 at the min i am 42/41/46...wow bigger than i thought, it is possible?
  • definetly. i actually want to be the same measurements. youre only a bit shorter than me so i hope its possible lol! my measurements are 47-39-47 you might not get it perfectly 36-26-36 cause everyones body shape is different but yea its possible to get to a 26 waist
  • 2 lbs is AWESOME!
    Look at it this way, you lost 2 of these!!!!
    http://blog.mypypeline.com/2009/05/w...d-of-body.html
  • yeah i dont mind them being out by an inch or two =] would like to be a 24 inch waist ideally but ill take it a step at a time lol. im aiming for a size 10-12 (UK) currently 18-20 =[ i just cant wait to wear a dress and feel sexy