Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 177.8/175.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Ok, I am new at this but ready...

My first day:
I am starting this challenge today (sortof)...
Weight today is 177.8
Haven't thought of a goal but working on it. I am going to be slow at this, but going to do more excercise change that food change.
I have a problem and would like to admit it to you all: I'm not hungry (actually very full) but want to eat because I like food. I like to eat, it is just good. There I said it!
Hopefully I can overcome this part of my malfunction!
Thanks for all of the help!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

1ladiesjournal~ Is it the sensation of chewing the food.. or is it the filling?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #108  

1/13/12 Friday the 13th ahhhh *lol*

Morning Weight 383.4

Breakfast
1 1/2c. Coffee 6
2 Scoops Big train Mocha 180
English Muffin 100
3/4 Egg Beaters 90( Phew trying to use them up )
1/4c Veg 35
Deli Brown mustard 5
Sub Total 416 ( OMG my tummy is so full and I have not gotten to the coffee yet ... ugh ... lets not do that again )

Lunch
Thin Multi Grain Sandwich Bun 100
2 Slices Roast Beef 70
1 slice Velveeta Cheese 40
handful artesian lettuce 10
deli Brown mustard 5
1c. Grapes 100 ( maybe less then a cup didn't have time to measure this morning)
Sub total 325

Dinner
4oz Ham 185
½ c Scalloped potatoes 120
1c Green Beans 20
½ tangerine 23 ( dd snagged the other half )
1Slice cinnamon raisin bread 80
2 slices Ferrara Dark Chocolate Orange 96
Sub Total 512

Daily Total 1265

Water 126
Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #109  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hopefully tomorrow my legs will not feel like wood and BodyStep will go well. Today was rough, I don't remember the last time I was so sore. How come we can't realize it when we are exercising that we are overdoing it? I totally lost a day on exercise as there was no way today. I was in serious pain!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #110  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Are you ready for a rant?

I had a total meltdown today! No, I didn't have a major binge or go off plan. I pitched a fit and acted like a PITA with my family. We discussed going to a particular restaurant. The last time I went there and their sister restaurant I had an allergic reaction. (keep in mind that I had green beans both times) I didn't want to go to this restaurant. As you know I have been battling an allergic reaction as it is. I have really stepped up and am trying to get rid of all soy. I have been trying to keep my foods as simple as possible. Anyways, I was going to drop my Mom and DH off at the restaurant. I was going to pick up something elsewhere and bring it back to eat with them. I have done this before and explained to the staff that I have a food allergy. Anyways, there was a lot of traffic. DH said "if I were you I wouldn't get back out in that traffic, I would just eat here." Totally pissed me off. I feel like everyone thinks I am a PITA with my food allergy and they just don't understand. It's not like a reaction will go away after a day or two. It takes weeks! This place is a buffet. I ate the smallest piece of baked chicken breast that I could find, a tiny spoon of collard greens and cabbage. I didn't eat enough food, but I was literally scared to eat there. I hate that I was mouthy to everyone all evening and I acted like a brat. But I also feel that I am justified. I should have done what I wanted to do and not worry about what anyone said. They don't see or feel the sores in my mouth. They don't have to deal with gaining 3 pounds for being 100% on plan or not being able to go to the bathroom, etc. Ok, I'm done! Rant over! Hopefully I won't have a reaction. This can kinda be like a test, I guess. I didn't eat the green beans. We'll see what happens. I'm still pissed, though. Probably more so at myself.

Berry Great job on the .6 and for getting right back to your plan. You will be back down in no time.

Moondance Congrats on your weigh in. Could everyone be assigned a choir and maybe that would help with the housework?

Qtkitty What is the difference in the flavor between Jasmine and Basmati rice?

Ilovemo I hope you had a great day!

Itsmyturn How are things going for you?

KaylaChristine The only pills that I didn't have problems like that with were Yasmin/Yaz.

1ladiesjournal Hi and Welcome to the check-in. We all have different food issues. Work on things one step at a time.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #111  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1240 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (500 Calories)
Chicken breast 300 calories
collard greens 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Lift (Powersculpt workout) w/#8's
TF HIIT 25
Cathe's MMA Boxing w/weighted gloves
Old 01-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #112  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

I didn't wake up to a swollen face. Maybe I'm not going to have a reaction from last night. Although, it normally takes 24 hours to show up. Previously, at this particular place I reacted very quickly.

Weigh In: 148
Down: 1.4 pounds

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-14-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #113  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Are you ready for a rant?

I had a total meltdown today! No, I didn't have a major binge or go off plan. I pitched a fit and acted like a PITA with my family. We discussed going to a particular restaurant. The last time I went there and their sister restaurant I had an allergic reaction. (keep in mind that I had green beans both times) I didn't want to go to this restaurant. As you know I have been battling an allergic reaction as it is. I have really stepped up and am trying to get rid of all soy. I have been trying to keep my foods as simple as possible. Anyways, I was going to drop my Mom and DH off at the restaurant. I was going to pick up something elsewhere and bring it back to eat with them. I have done this before and explained to the staff that I have a food allergy. Anyways, there was a lot of traffic. DH said "if I were you I wouldn't get back out in that traffic, I would just eat here." Totally pissed me off. I feel like everyone thinks I am a PITA with my food allergy and they just don't understand. It's not like a reaction will go away after a day or two. It takes weeks! This place is a buffet. I ate the smallest piece of baked chicken breast that I could find, a tiny spoon of collard greens and cabbage. I didn't eat enough food, but I was literally scared to eat there. I hate that I was mouthy to everyone all evening and I acted like a brat. But I also feel that I am justified. I should have done what I wanted to do and not worry about what anyone said. They don't see or feel the sores in my mouth. They don't have to deal with gaining 3 pounds for being 100% on plan or not being able to go to the bathroom, etc. Ok, I'm done! Rant over! Hopefully I won't have a reaction. This can kinda be like a test, I guess. I didn't eat the green beans. We'll see what happens. I'm still pissed, though. Probably more so at myself.
Diana, I am so sorry that they were being so unsupportive. That totally sucks. There are so many restaurants. Why do they insist on this one? Ugh! And I suppose somewhere in their head they arer thinking, "allergist couldn't find an allerrgy, so you're not allergic". And as, you are right, they can't feel the sores or feel how it makes you feel, they don't get it. Which totally bites. Fingers crossed that you don't get a reaction this time.

Eta: next time, order and pick up your food at the other restaurant before dropping them off at their buffet. Why do you need to wait any longer and be inconvenienced because of their insistence on this particular restaurant. That is the price "they" have to pay for your inability to eat there.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #114  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

No change. UGGGGGG!

Yesterday: 189.8
Today: 189.8
Valentine Goal: 179

Diana - So glad you didn't have a reaction. Maybe you dodged a bullet this time.
Berry - Keep up your workouts. You're an inspiration.
1ladiesjournal - Welcome!!! - If I ate only when I was hungry..... well, you know the rest. You're among people who "get it"

Have a great day On Plan, everyone!
Go PACKERS!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #115  
Melissa

For me, I'm down another .8 on the scale. Glad to be getting rid of all the water and whatever else I gained during the holidays, that makes me down down 8 pounds in 6 days!

Off to BodyStep in about an hour. I'm still sore, but not miserably sore now.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #116  

Diana3271~ I argree with Berry, if they are pushing to go to the resturant that makes you sick, get your food first and then you can all go in together. It may not be an allergy that a doctor can find, but medicine doesn't know everything sometimes they can not explain. If it hurts you sincerly and they have no empathy you shouldn't have to eat a place that makes you uncomfortable.

There is a difference, but different brands are also different in flavor. Jasmine Rice is sticker than the basmati rice.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #117  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkitty View Post
Diana3271~ I argree with Berry, if they are pushing to go to the resturant that makes you sick, get your food first and then you can all go in together. It may not be an allergy that a doctor can find, but medicine doesn't know everything sometimes they can not explain. If it hurts you sincerly and they have no empathy you shouldn't have to eat a place that makes you uncomfortable.

There is a difference, but different brands are also different in flavor. Jasmine Rice is sticker than the basmati rice.
There is a brown basmati rice too. Basmati (white or brown) is our favorite rice. Though our very favorite is a wild rice and brown rice blend. Though, I don't eat that any more, but the rest of the family does.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #118  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana First, I would have rant too, I think you should. Yep, they don't get it because they don't experience it...so give them one they'll remember That's wicked Kat's advice. Next time when they say let's go there, they'll remember how PITA you were. LOL you got your point across. Why do they want to take you to a buffet anyway? Buffet implies all you can eat, is that even wise? IDK, I know you have will power, it just seems insensitive especially if you don't like it in the first place. When eating while upset, you get digestion problems...how mean

OK second part and this was on the funny side. I'm reading your rant (and loving every minute of it, because I would have done the same thing...but a slight bit more with a touch of embarrassing outburst. It's true, that's me), but the best part Ok, rant done and you slip right into personals. I picture raging Diana then calm Diana saying ok now about your day. LOVE IT!!

And most importantly, I hope you don't have an allergic reaction. But if you do, you can point out to them, you ate clean, but because it was at a buffet, you can never know. People swap utensils all the time and things get slightly touched or mixed. You know your allergy could be like my lactose intolerance. I can eat a tub of ice cream and go on my merry way, but some days I eat just a spoon (this being in the past because I don't eat ice cream anymore) full and be in the bathroom for days. And since you don't know which one causes what and how bad, you can never be sure if just a smidge will affect you. And in a buffet, there are no guarantees. chalk it up to Friday the 13th.

Berry Sorry to hear about your muscles, but yay that you have gone down in that holiday weight. Once when I was young I did a workout video. I just thought it would be 30mins. After 45, I was screaming when is this jerk going to stop. It was a 90 min. workout. I couldn't move the next day, I was lead. I worked for Target and it was Xmas time and they don't let you off so easy during that time. I hurt so bad (this was long before I even knew I had MD). Hope you feel better soon. I hear stretches are all the rage

qtkitty I couldn't sit at a desk for more than an hour. I lose feeling in my legs and my hip goes out. I sit with my laptop glued to my lap (in bed) most days. This week it was downstairs on an icky futon. I like sitting in my car, those seats are wonderful...just hate the steering wheel. Sometimes I sit on a bench, but not for long, talk about plank butt I can and do write everywhere. I've been writing since 15. I used to ask friends to think up names and a basic character, ask what kind of story they want and write it. It's challenging that way. I like romance (reading and writing) but I never say I'm a romance writer b/c I don't like to be stuck in one genre. I was a part of a community that wanted me to label myself, but I couldn't. I am too open to all the possibilities and now with internet I have knowledge at my fingertips (literally )

Italiannie no change is better than a change upward. Stay your course, you will see a change soon.

1ladies I, too, used to love to eat for the sake of eating. I liked chewing and feeling the different textures and of course tasting all the flavors. I liked swallowing and getting full. I loved to eat and (if you want to say this) I was lucky because I met a feeder, who totally got pleasure in feeding me. But putting those two things together only made me bigger. I also had other food issues that I had to break (ugh those were hard), but it was done. Now I eat to fuel my body. I like what I eat but it's not a necessity anymore. That took a year to overcome and I'll admit I fall back a little every once in awhile and I CRAVE all the time. But when you're determined you're determined Baby steps. Make your goals doable so you feel successful. Goal one: drink more water. Goal two: exercise more. Goal three: lose 5lbs in set time (you need to be the judge there). After that you'll find you like making goals, but never make them impossible because you'll start getting down on yourself for not reaching them. Remember to tell yourself every day you are worth this. Good luck, keep posting

OK that was really long...sorry. Yesterday's date was postponed to today. It was super windy and cold so I didn't get to clean Azul. SO that's my goal after coffee. I want to tag along at the museum (I am a addict to any kind of museum. When I was a little girl and got free from those ugly monsters, I'd ride my bike to down town Phoenix and go to museums. They are so filled with lovely things and so peaceful...aww it was nice ) but I can't do that to my son...how embarrassing right? DD said I shouldn't talk or sing in the car, ugh I'm not sure I can drive like that. It's going to be very hard for me not to say a word or sing and drive into New Haven. But anything for my babies.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #119  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Diana, I am so sorry that they were being so unsupportive. That totally sucks. There are so many restaurants. Why do they insist on this one? Ugh! And I suppose somewhere in their head they arer thinking, "allergist couldn't find an allerrgy, so you're not allergic". And as, you are right, they can't feel the sores or feel how it makes you feel, they don't get it. Which totally bites. Fingers crossed that you don't get a reaction this time.

Eta: next time, order and pick up your food at the other restaurant before dropping them off at their buffet. Why do you need to wait any longer and be inconvenienced because of their insistence on this particular restaurant. That is the price "they" have to pay for your inability to eat there.
Berry Thanks for the support. They are normally pretty supportive of me. I was headed to their restaurant and got stuck in traffic. DH mentioned "why didn't you go get your food first?" I didn't want them to have to wait on me. I should have done what he suggested, but he suggested it after I had already made the turn. I have had a rough time since coming back from vacation. I have had a reaction going on this entire time and it's wearing me out mentally. I will compare myself to an angry pimple. This whole week I have been paranoid and stressed because of my reactions. I have felt like I was about to erupt any second. I guess last night I did. The family is normally pretty supportive of me and my situation. One little comment just sent me off last night.

I also think things are a little more difficult because I am undiagnosed. My DH wants me to seek out another Dr. but my Mom disagrees and thinks it would be a waste of money. I don't know if insurance would pay to have the same thing done all over again, anyways.

The bottom line is that I am a lot better than I was a year ago. So, have I eliminated some of the allergen or am I just getting better?
Old 01-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #120  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Diana
OK second part and this was on the funny side. I'm reading your rant (and loving every minute of it, because I would have done the same thing...but a slight bit more with a touch of embarrassing outburst. It's true, that's me), but the best part Ok, rant done and you slip right into personals. I picture raging Diana then calm Diana saying ok now about your day. LOVE IT!!
Mamakat LOVE IT! Totally agree! You pointing this out really made me laugh! I think this ability comes from being self employed. I have to quickly adjust and move on.

Now something to give Mamakat a big laugh . . . . DH woke up at 2 AM with acid indigestion and diarrhea! He didn't get back to bed until 4 AM! You gotta love that one!
Closed Thread