Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274.6/274.6/240

Height: 5'5"

Question S.b.s. ?

Saggy Belly Syndrome (S.B.S. as I call it), I'm worried that when i start to lose weight that skin over my stomach will beging to become saggy and droopy. Does anyone out there have this problem/fear? Is there a way to prevent it from happening? Also, how do you personally deal with it if you do have it?
ReadySetLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I do have it, from pregnancy. I am 128lbs and 5'5, and it sucks. Honestly, time and acceptance is the only way I am dealing with it Mine is particularly bad. Aside from a tummy tuck I don't think there's any other option.

You might find it useful to see a picture of Katie Holmes in a bikini, she has it too, many of us 'slim' girls with clothes on still have it.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198.6 / 192.4 / under 150

Height: 5'5"

I see from your profile that your ultimate goal is to lose about 120 pounds. Given that, I would say that the chance of you having loose skin when you get to your goal is almost certain. But, you are also pretty young. If you take it slow and drink a lot of water your skin may tighten up a little as you go along, but probably not enough to avoid the issue completely.

I'm not a doctor, but I think that at your age it would eventually tighten up pretty well. Although it might take quite a long time after you reach your goal. Some people suggest lotions or "skin tightening" creams. They might help, they might not. Doesn't hurt to try. It does stand to reason that hydrated skin would be more able to bounce back. Be sure to drink a lot of water also. Hydrate from the inside.
mizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Mine is definitely more pregnancy damaged than obesity, but I reccommend Jillian Michaels' workout videos. She does a lot of plank work and stuff that really helped me improve in that area. Also, running has done wonders for that area. Do your strength training and exercising while you lose weight, I think most folks that have the biggest problem with the skin DO NOT work out.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I do have a little, but I've also lost 160 pounds, and was bound to end up with some, especially because i've been overweight my entire life, and obese prob 2-3 years before I started losing. I've heard numerous times that once you stop losing and your body has time to adjust, it does tighten up some

I'm planning on doing alot of stomache excerises when I hit my goal though to help it along a bit

And if your really worried about it, think about the tradeoff....Overweight, but no loose skin, or where you want to be, with just a tad No brainer
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I have saggy skin on my stomach. I've lost nearly 70 pounds, but I weighed more than 200lbs in high school, so there's a good chance I've lost around 100lbs overall.

I'm 23 and never had a child, so even though youth is on my side I still have saggy skin on my stomach. I've just reached goal though, so I don't know if it will get better with time. I did everything "right" too—I drank lots of water, I lost at a rate of 1.8lbs a week, I did weight training—and I still got it.

How do I deal with it? I look pretty damn good in clothes and I refuse to let my stretchmarks (and I have A LOT on my back) and my saggy stomach stop me from showing off and living my life. I still don't know if I'll wear a bikini in the summer or not, but I'm going to run around in a bathing suit regardless! I also FEEL a lot better and that is worth the price of saggy skin!

I'd probably need a tummy tuck to get rid of it, but considering that I haven't had any kids yet it's probably a silly thing to do.

My fiancee doesn't care about my saggy skin at all either. He bugs me to wear a shirt that shows off my midriff but I am not quite at that level of comfort yet

Don't let your worries stop you from getting to your goal! Just about anyone will tell you that it's totally worth it!

Last edited by sontaikle; 01-05-2012 at 04:58 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229lbs/182lbs/154lbs

Height: 5ft 4in

I'm also scared of this
I've lost just short of 50lbs so far, my stomach has started to wrinkle in certain places. it scares me that when i reach my goal imay have a 'hang' that i will never be able to get rid of. one of the trainers in the gym has told me not to focus on my stomach until im at my goal weight, but im worried by that time nothing will be able to get rid of it.
natalieb21x is offline   Reply With Quote