Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/157/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Any favorite healthy snacks or tasty alternatives??

** Sorry if this topic has been discussed before. I've only been a part of the board for a few hours =] **

I was just wondering if anyone has any favorite snacks or have changed up their old favorite to make it healthier/diet friendly?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE potato chips! Especially sour cream and onion! So in place, I've been eating Special K Sour Cream and Onion Cracker Chips!

Whenever I want a chocolate fix, I have a piece of whole wheat toast, with a smear of Nutella on it! Not too much! Just a bit to get that taste!

What are you favorite snacks?
kels2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200+/IDK/120

I love chocolate! so when I crave it, I get Kellog's Krave double chocolate cereal, and eat half a serving!

I also LOVE salsa and tortilla chips, so when I have extra calories left, I like to get baked chips.
kristenmarieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Instead of potato chips I at baked lentil chips. Super yummy.

When I want chocolate or something sweet, I ate either an atkins peanut butter cup or two or a kind chocolate and nut bar (trying to find one with lower carbs).

My favorite snack/lunch is apple with a huge amount of cinnamon and peanut butter. Seriously never tire of it and I eat it almost every day for lunch.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #4  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

When I want chocolate I have sugar free chocolate pudding. Sometimes I dip strawberries in it.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

My all time favorite snack is an apple with a tbsp or two of natural peanut butter.

Fresh fruit and nuts in general for me, really.. maybe a bowl of berries or cherries coupled with an ounce of almonds or walnuts, or instead of an apple and peanut butter I'll have an apple and almond butter, and so on.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #6  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

when I crave something sweet....I either grab a fiber one bar or the 90 cal brownies....
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

When I absolutely need something sweet and filling, I grab an apple or banana!

My new favorite chips are the Gourmet Works Brown Rice chips. I love them and they taste so much better than regular chips.

Although yesterday I made sweet potato chips and I loved those even better than any chips I could buy.

Last edited by sontaikle; 01-04-2012 at 12:40 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

"Embellished" Greek yogurt instead of cheesecake

The embellishment I use is usually sugar free instant pudding mix. I just stir in the pudding mix (some jello gelatin flavors also work well as stir-ins). I especially like the Jello pudding sugar free pistachio or chocolate fudge.

If I want to eat it for breakfast, I'll also stir in some whey protein.

The texture is so dense, it really feels like I'm eating cheesecake. Even my husband was impressed (and he's not easily impressed by "diet" foods).

I also substitute a much smaller amounts of really strong cheese for mild cheeses

such as

asiago in place of mozzarella
very sharp cheddar in place of American or mild cheddar
Hard, aged swiss in place of soft Baby Swiss
strong blue cheeses for mild blue cheeses (I buy the most expensive, funkiest, moldiest, strongest blue cheese I can afford).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:55 AM   #9  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

semi-ripe bananas
cheddar cheese (alone or with 3-4 ww soda crackers)
apples (alone or with peanut butter)
peanut butter on ww soda crackers
Saltless nuts
fiber cereal
strawberries
homemade fruit & fiber muffins
jello chocolate pudding
favorite yogurt
turkey pepperettes
babybell cheeses
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 AM   #10  
is chubby

3 dried prunes daily, one apple or banana, whole wheat toast with a slice of prosciouto ham on it, orange juice, low sugar pudding I make myself...

I never was a snacker before. I ate only three big meals a day and nothing else.

So I chose to do portion control and add three snack times and sometimes four during the day.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

My go to dessert: I take a banana and slice it in two lengthwise. Then I wrap each half with a sheet of filo dough that I have spritzed with butter flavored cooking spray and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.... about 165 calories.
You can add a quarter cup of plain, fat free Greek yogurt or light ice cream too !
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 291/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quaker apple flavored rice snacks!! My favorite <3
Shellbellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I've never been a fan of ice cream, but I love food processed frozen bananas. They're so creamy and I love to add in 1/2T natural peanut butter.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #14  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

When I get the urge for potato chips (or rather, "salty" food) I like Pork Rinds.

I enjoy Sugar Free Jello Pudding in chocolate or vanilla

I like fruit; right now I'm jone'sn for clementines! YUM! and Ruby Red Grapefruit.

1/4 cup cashews... yum!

Another healthy snack I really like is a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a packet of Equal and some sprinkled cinnamon.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198.6 / 192.4 / under 150

Height: 5'5"

I'll second (or third?) apple slices with a very thin layer of peanut butter. I like granny smith best for this, the combo of sweet, tart and salty is great!

If I really need some chocolate or chips, I'll often get some of those 100 calorie packs. It can help with cravings. I also love kettle corn and Orval Redenbachers (or however you spell that) makes 100 calorie microwave kettle corn. YUM! It's not the same as the stuff you get at the fair, but it's still pretty good. And I can eat the whole bag! There's something about that that's just satisfying.

I've heard that almonds are a great healthy, and filling, snack but I'm allergic to them. But it's an option for the rest of you.

I love ice cream, so I'll get Skinny Cow ice cream treats. Or, if you are in an area where you can get Kemps, they have a fudge bar that's either 60 or 80 calories. I can't remember right now. At that low, I can usually have two!

I also like light string cheese as a snack, for 50 calories a piece I'll usually have two of those as well.

Finally, if I'm feeling really naughty, or if it's a special occasion, I'll bake an angel food cake. 100 calories a piece and fat free!
mizzie is offline   Reply With Quote