Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'8"

Question Forty Pounds lost, how much farther?

I'm 5'8", and i currently weigh 171 pounds. my heaviest was 212, and my goal has been to get to 155. i'm posting pictures to see if anyone thinks 155 is a good goal, or if i should go lower?
In my life, i've never been thin. 170's is the lowest i can remember weighing, in my adult years (i'm 21). So..this is a point of no return for me.

155 a good goal? or 145?
and since i'm new, i can't post pictures just yet. but i'm gonna fix that real quick lol
RookaWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

First, welcome to 3FC and congratulations on your 40+ pounds lost!! What a wonderful accomplishment!

When it comes to your weight goal the most important thing is how YOU feel about it. The smaller you become the more noticiable 5 and 10 pounds lost is going to be. So going from 171 to 155 is going to make a HUGE difference in how you look.

My advice to you is to keep it at 155 and reevaluate your final goal as you get closer. Get to 160 and see how you feel.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
First, welcome to 3FC and congratulations on your 40+ pounds lost!! What a wonderful accomplishment!

When it comes to your weight goal the most important thing is how YOU feel about it. The smaller you become the more noticiable 5 and 10 pounds lost is going to be. So going from 171 to 155 is going to make a HUGE difference in how you look.

My advice to you is to keep it at 155 and reevaluate your final goal as you get closer. Get to 160 and see how you feel.
that sounds like a good idea. I feel really excited and kind of nervous. as i said before, i've never been thinner than i am now. So i feel like i'm at the top of a roller coaster, about to head down. I can't wait to see where it takes me!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I agree. No goal has to be set in stone. My biggest goal is to be at a healthy BMI. Beyond that I know I have a lower limit set at 140lbs (my high school weight that I was happy with back in the day) and my upper limit is 155lbs (the very top end of a healthy BMI for me).

It's been over 8 years since I've been at a healthy weight for my height so I really don't know what to expect either. I agree, though, that the smaller you get the more noticeable the weight loss. Just keep reevaluating the lower you get and go from there. Is there any certain size that you're aiming for? You can also check out My Body Gallery and try and find other women with the same height/frame/body type and see how they look at different weights to get a better idea.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I agree. No goal has to be set in stone. My biggest goal is to be at a healthy BMI. Beyond that I know I have a lower limit set at 140lbs (my high school weight that I was happy with back in the day) and my upper limit is 155lbs (the very top end of a healthy BMI for me).

It's been over 8 years since I've been at a healthy weight for my height so I really don't know what to expect either. I agree, though, that the smaller you get the more noticeable the weight loss. Just keep reevaluating the lower you get and go from there. Is there any certain size that you're aiming for? You can also check out My Body Gallery and try and find other women with the same height/frame/body type and see how they look at different weights to get a better idea.
There's not a certain size, i just want to see what's under this tummy i've had my whole life. I want to not be "stick skinny", but curvy and fit. I know i've got the hip curves, they're just hidden ^^;;