Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 03:40 PM   #91  

Maybe someplace in North Carolina might not get to much snow. You would have to check the web to see what the temp is in the summer. I have heard that it is beautiful there.

The heat here is not what gets you it is the humidity. It is normal for us to have 100% in August everyday. You don't exercise outside in that b/c you will take a shower and as soon as you walk outside you need to take another one. But I honesty think that the humidity preseves us. I think southern people look really good as they get older.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:47 PM   #92  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Jay really wants to move somewhere other than Maine. It isn't like we have an over abundance of friends here anyway. LOL I told Brit that I want to get my bills paid off and start to save up to sell our house and move. She didn't like that idea because she likes the school here. I don't drive at all even though I have my license because I have never driven in the snow and I don't want to either.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:12 PM   #93  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angie, did you and Jay both grow up in Maine? I can't imagine wanting to leave the place where I grew up, much less family and friends. I guess if your business relies heavily on the tourist industry than it's tough, especially with the seasons. Or is it the weather...I guess it would be a whole bunch of little things that would make you want to move.

When I was younger I always imagined myself moving to the west coast or something, maybe California. THen I got to visit Southern and Northern Cal, parts of Oregon and Washington state, then I realized how lucky I am to live in Hawaii. Everywhere I've been I always come to realize that there's no place like home, where family is. Nobody from my immediate family has moved off of this island once we got here. Other family members who did move to the "mainland" have since moved back. Now if I only lived near my in-laws, I wouldn't hesitate to move to another state, probably to the east coast where you are !
Old 02-24-2003, 04:22 PM   #94  

I know it was terrible at first when Joe and I moved to Florida but we got used to it. Then when we move back here we missed Florida. I think you can make where ever you live your home.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:05 PM   #95  

Hey there my lovely chicks!!!
Well here it is 5:00 pm. I came home did the 3 mile WATP tape like a good girl, (god, today I wanted to kill the lady) but I stuck it out and did the whole thing!!! I made a broccoli coleslaw to go with the chix for supper and put baked pot. in the oven with a spaggetti squash(never had it, gonna try it) And I also made some pumplin pudding for a 1 pt dessert and tasted it and it is to die for....yummy.

Angie, my hubby and I went to Greenville couple of years ago in August for our anniversary. We stayed at the I think its called the Greenville INN??? They have a resturaunt down stairs, it's like an old grange hall. So I take it you live near there. WOW, you don't drive? I would go nuts! And you live up North in Maine and you have never driven in the snow. Oh girl you are missing out on all those almost heart attacks....just kidding. I don't like it either, but gotta get back and forth from work. It is a sad thing about all the mills closing down!! This state seems to be going to **** fast! The only industry we will have left is Potatoes and Fishing and they are slowly weening us fishing families out too. There are so many restrictions and rules and permits....etc...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr just makes you so mad. My hubby and friends will be coming that way soon for their yearly fishing trip. Whats the name of your company? I will make sure Hubby buys something of yours!!!(IF he can find something)
Old 02-24-2003, 06:03 PM   #96  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am quite embarrassed that I don't drive too. I met Jay(hubby) when I was 16 so I never had to drive(my parents never let me use the car either) Me and Jay are ALWAYS together so I never have had to drive. I know I should start.

Last edited by angieME; 02-24-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:14 PM   #97  
Finally Fit!

Hey guys. I"m exhausted. I couldn't bring myself to go back, and read all the posts from today. I'm so whooped from my aerobics class. And i've been walking and doing pilates, but tonight was the first time in 2 wks (due to snow and holidays) that we actually had class. Boy, what a difference the body feels when you stop cardio workouts! Woo! My calves are sore, and my bodies worn out. Chris made me a nice chilli for dinner, with fat free corn muffins. Right up my alley. I love that stuff, sticks to your ribs, and lasts for days. We'll probably freeze some for another time. He's so great.

I'm so happy to be back into the swing of things at work... it's much better for me to be busy, than to have the day off, and be a vegetable. I didn't know what to do with myself during the snow storm. it's different when you're off, and you go and do errands and fun stuff. It's another thing to be stranded in the house. I'm back in business now.

We're praying realyl hard about the adoption thing. We've decided to go with a certain Christian Adoption agency. We've checked them out, gotten about 20 references from them, and we're confident it's right for us. now to get the money.... We know that God's gonna carry us through this process, cause we're trusting that He knows the desires of our heart. So, there you have it. My last words before crashing in bed. Night girls.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:12 AM   #98  

melekalikimaka:

"...busy falling off and getting run over by the proverbial wagon."

Yep...I've been there, just hadn't seen it described so well.<G>

AngieME:
I don't think I could stand not driving even if I lived in town.
Things are so spread out here, it would take forever to walk to places.....plus we live 3 miles outside city limits.

Good luck to you SvelteChicky with the adoption process.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Gotta run....
Old 02-25-2003, 10:58 AM   #99  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning all. Checking in early as I may actually force myself to do some work while at work today. Got on the scale this morning and it was very nice to me as I'm again @ 183--this after a slight run in with some cheesecake and other decadent desserts on Sunday which added 2 lbs for a day. So I decided to do Gen's 4 week challenge again. I need the accountability factor, to you guys too. See, I do have a conscience. Now if I can only get rid of this scale obsession...

Oh yeah it's my 8th wedding anniversary today so happy day for me. Ugh, I just remembered--I weighed 131 lbs when I got married, hehe. I guess I'm lucky hubby loves me for me and not for my looks. Oh well, I'm working on it. Have a good day all.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:06 AM   #100  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Happy Anniversary!!! Don't be too rough with him tonight.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:14 AM   #101  

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

You guys go party down!! Do you have any big plans? Do you have anything cute to wear?
Old 02-25-2003, 01:01 PM   #102  

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Have a wonderful day and night!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:37 PM   #103  
so close, yet so far...

Talking Married, not dead...

Dear Family and Friends -

I have decided to change my life completely. I have talents that I am not using here. I decided to go a totally different way, therefore, I would like to say good bye to all of you.

Red Cross needs volunteers and I decided to become one of them. I will be spending most of my time at field hospital with other volunteers helping sick, dying people. I am starting on March 1, 2003 and I am really
looking forward to it!! Please do not try to stop me! I made up my mind!

My new co-workers have sent me a picture to welcome me on their crew.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:51 PM   #104  

Is there a way to cover their faces so I can just look at their bodz!!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:31 AM   #105  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

My scales are moving!!! YEAH!!! They are dropping pretty good this week but I don't want to officially post it until Saturday since I have before and somehow( Couldn't have been me pigging out? ) They climbed back up before weigh day. Lets just say I am a happy girl and I see my 10's on me by the end of the month.(March)

Noelle, How was that anniversary? You didn't hurt him last night did ya?

It is so sunny out. How can it be that bright and that cold? It isn't fair I tell ya.

Last edited by angieME; 02-26-2003 at 11:07 AM.
Closed Thread