Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 08:28 PM   #16  

Thanks Svelte Chicky! I can tell I'm gonna like this place already. Seems like a really nice group. Thanks for the banana split idea. My father, who has been dieting since the New Year (and incidentally has lost 15 pounds so far- go Dad!) likes to treat himself to a bowl of fatfree butterscotch pudding made with FF milk each night. He swears it really helps curb his sweet tooth. I may give both of those ideas a try

It really is gorgeous here right now. There's no reason I can't be out walking when it's 65 degrees and barely a cloud in the sky. I just might even go for another walk before dark tonight. I'm feelin' good!!
Old 02-19-2003, 07:50 AM   #17  
Finally Fit!

I love your enthusiasm, and cringe that you're having such lovely weather. Take a wal for us girls that are snowed in, huh? We're all thrille dto have you here, and hope you can teahc us something from your journey too. We're all teachers here. I feel like I"ve learned so much since October when I joined up. My whole outlook on life is changing, and I know it's because I actually have friends that understand my weirdness.

My whole nuclear family is fat. My sister is built like a line backer, and swears she's not overweight. Mom is about 3oo+ pounds, and blames it on her ex-husband, my father. There's been a lot of denial in my family. I'm trying to show them that it's about you, not other people. But it's nto east, cause it's something only you can realize, and other people make it humiliating sometimes to learn about your weight. So, i'm just working on me, and if they see something, and wanna ask me how I get through each day, let 'em ask me. Life sure is rough sometimes. But i'm grateful for family.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:11 AM   #18  

Default I'm here

Found my way over.

Maybe we'll pick up a few extra people here.

Gotta run for now....
Old 02-19-2003, 01:30 PM   #19  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies, hope all of you are having a great day so far. I just got in to work and hubby's on his way in so I'll have to hurry up before he catches me...

Shannon, I just re-read your first post and saw that you were born and raised in AR. My dad was in the Navy so I was born in Little Rock but we moved to HI before I was 2 years old (boohoo, I know). I don't remember much of anything at all except what I've seen in pictures, and most of that was snow, icicles and cold. My older sisters had that southern drawl though, you know, how y'all doin'? type of accent going on...

Did anyone catch American Idol last night? I just had to watch since Jordan Segundo ( a local boy from Hawaii) was performing. I thought he did pretty well but apparently Simon (the blunt, who I love ) didn't think too much of his performance, said he didn't have a "spark" in his eyes...whatever. I think Jordan can sing really well, but I don't think he's super great or anything. But then again, there are worse singers out there who have cut albums. Oops, hubby's here, I'll check back later.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:57 PM   #20  

Yep, I'm an Arkansan at heart (having lived there for 20 years) but I definitely enjoy this California weather a lot more. Even though it's wet from the rain we had last night, I will totally put in an extra walk today for all of my new friends who are snowed in- you can count on it!

SvelteChicky, I know what you mean about the family thing. It's like you're just looking at your own fate if you continue to eat the way that the rest of the family has been. All the women in my family are built the same, with thick hips and fluffy bellies (these are truly my worst problem areas). Of course the fact that most of them survive on sausage gravy, fried chicken and all-you-can-eat buffets doesn't help at all. Sigh...I just have to do things differently. You know I truly don't desire to be "skinny", but rather my goal is to be fit and healthy. I'm determined that I am worth it, too. And so are all of you!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-19-2003, 02:06 PM   #21  

Forgot to add, last night before bed I did 50 crunches. Don't laugh- but I had to stop after like every set of 10 just to catch my breath for a second. These jelly belly muscles haven't seen much action since my 2 c-sections, but I'm thinking of doing crunches nightly for awhile and see what happens. Anyone else want to try???
Old 02-19-2003, 02:37 PM   #22  

Afternoon ladies! How are you all doing? Are you guys up north still snowed in? It is pretty outsida right now but we have a 80% chance of rain on Friday so yet another weekend will go by that we can't work on the deck. I am begign to wonder if it will be ready before crawfish sesson start.

I had a very freaky moment this morning. I was supposed to satrt yesterday and I still havn't so I went and got a test. I am ususally right on time. I have been taking the pill sicne I was 16 and it is always the 2nd day on the sugar pills when I start. Not this time. I was so freaked my hands were clamy. I couldn't concentrate so my boss told me to go buy one and just see. I took it and I made the massage therapist stay with me. It was negative but I am still wondering why I havn't started. I bought a 2 pack so I can take another one on Friday. My boss said that if I was prego it would be present immediatly that the body produces the hormone right away. I am happy that it was negative but I don't think Joe was to happy. He said that he thinks we should just get it over with. I think that if he is saying it like that we still aren't ready.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:47 PM   #23  
so close, yet so far...

Woooo Kempy...I know for me I have been having very irregular cycles for the past 6 months or so. I think it's because I gained a bunch of weight, then started actively trying to lose it. My doc says that it's due to the changing amounts of fat that the hormones are going nuts. I used to be like clockwork even when not on BCP, even after having my son. Then all of a sudden, 2 almost 3 mos. go by without anything. Unlike you though, I wanted another. Maybe it's just stress? And didn't you just switch your Rx not too long ago? It's probably a lower dose of estrogen or something, your body's still adjusting. I wouldn't worry too much...just take another test in a week or 2 (if you can stand to wait that long). Best of luck to you, whatever you desire. I love babies and I think you'd make a great mom. They'll change your life for sure.

Oh yeah, we've got sun today, partly cloudy but sunny right now. Supposed to be down in the lower 70's tonight. Now that's my kind of weather. No sweaters or blankets required.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:13 PM   #24  

Good lord ya'll talk alot. I'm gone for a couple of days and there's a whole new thread started.... But you can't get rid of me that easy!

So.... I got a job yesterday!!!! Yay! I haven't really had income since October, I am so happy. I'm a new sales rep. for CutCo cutlery. I'll do in home demonstrations by appointment, and get paid either a base rate,or commision which ever is higher. Start training tomorrow.

Shannon - Hello and welcome. And I would love to join you with the nightly crunches. I've also been posting on the St. Patricia's challenge, and have challenged myself to exercise everyday, as well as drink more than 1 liter of water each day. I think that you have the right idea... one day at a time and good things will happen. After all, they can't hurt...

Kempy- Wow! I would be freakin' about now. But of course I'm nowhere even close to ready.... I agree w/ Noelle, it could just be stress, or the weight loss, or any number of things. But, I think that your boss is wrong. I've been told that it can take up to 2 weeks for the hormone change to show up in your stream.... This was from the Planned Parenthood Dr. What if you are?? Do you want to be? I think that you would be a wonderful Mommy! You're a great friend!

So hello Svelte, Mel, Gargoyle, anyone else that I can't remember. I've got to get going, take a walk and do some laundry for tomorrow.

Hugs
-W-
Old 02-19-2003, 03:32 PM   #25  

Thanks guys for the kind words. I don't think we are ready but Joe seems to think he is. I don't really think he is. He can't stay home long enough. He gets ants and has to get out and be around people. Well, I have already told him before that I would not be left alone at night with a baby. I would freak out when it started to cry. We always talk about how our friends are with there kids and we can't stand it sometimes. I don't think he understands how much freedom we would lose. We like to pick up and go all of the time but not if we had a baby. I am NOT ready for the birthing part. I saw that movie the mircale of life when I was in 7th grade and I seriously think it scared me.

Cograts Washu I know you are jazzed about the new job.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:42 PM   #26  

IT'S HERE!
Old 02-19-2003, 03:49 PM   #27  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Washu, I love Cutco knives . A couple of my klutzy family members have almost severed fingers with them. I had a cousin selling them while in college. My favorite is the poultry shears and the 8" chefs knife, even though I'd like to get a 6"--can you sell by mail? I don't even use a knife to carve a chicken anymore, I just cut it up with the shears. I could go on, but I
might make Angie queasy. Hi Angie.

Chris, my families genes are somewhat evenly divided. I am #7 of 7 girls. My mom's side is slim, my dad's side is hefty side. While growing up there were 3 of us that were chubby. The other 4 were downright skinny. Then now as adults, only 2 are still really skinny, the other's have gained, and the same 3 of us are still heavier than we should be. We just have to work doubly hard to attain and maintain a healthy weight, while my 2 sisters eat whole hog and never gain an ounce. Curses!

Sorry, I must be especially bored today, keep coming back and yakking away.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:51 PM   #28  
so close, yet so far...

Smile Kempy, Yay!

WHEW!

Now don't tell me somewhere deep inside you're not a little sad about this...I mean, what if...
Old 02-19-2003, 03:57 PM   #29  

NO!!! I don't think I could handle a baby right now. I am not mentally ready at all. I am sure that we could afford it. I know that when I am around babies I don't get that googly look in eyes like some women do. I am kind of scared of them too. I guess I am just waiting for that clock to start ticking. Is that a real thing?
Old 02-19-2003, 04:17 PM   #30  
so close, yet so far...

I don't know about the clock thing. I wasn't listening for it when I got PG with my first. I sure do hear it now though, loud and clear. I was like you. We were married for about 3 years (together for 9) before I got PG. We had the life, coming and going as we pleased, traveling wherever and whenever we wanted. I had never really enjoyed or liked (for that matter) my nieces and nephews as they were just bothersome little people who I could send back to their parents. My son was kind of unexpected since I was on BCP, but I don't regret it at all. I was a little shocked and terrified to say the least, but once it was confirmed, I got over it and was very happy. I wasn't getting any younger. He's the reason I live nowadays. Hey, if it was meant to happen for you, it'll happen. If not, enjoy your life as you want it to be, it's your life, no one elses.
Closed Thread