Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 05:25 PM   #151  
Finally Fit!

Hey there. I like the idea of changing each month, and putting anumber next to it, to find it better. Great idea, so we only have to change the name when we get sick of it. I'm not taking the heat for the next name though. I never liked the word "wenches". hate the way it makes women sound. I Like weighty issues.. cute.

Today was nervous energy for me. I have a scrapbook workshop here at my place, and i've obsessed so much, now it's time to just sit back, and let the ladies arrive. Hope someone comes. I'd die if it was just me. What a letdown. But even a few people would be nice. I'm ready for it.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:29 PM   #152  

Good late afternoon girlies,
Havent we been the chatty chatter boxes today...Hahaha.
Love the names you all came up with. Mine would have to be "We're here through it all" That kinda covers everything.

Kempy, I would love to see Mardi Gras in real life. The pictures of it on TV are nuts and insane. And I'm with you I would not bare my chest for the free world to be poking at, even if I was skinny I would not!!!!

Angie, don't that just get your goat about the dogs loving the men!! We are the ones to feed them, bathe them, take them to the vets and play with them and who do they run too? The daddys. Man and his best friend thing I guess. Our dog, who is a mutt (best kind) she is actually 1/2 springer and 1/2 beagle, she is so devoted tot he kids it's not funny. I can't let her out in the a.m when they are waiting for the bus because she has gotton on the bus too many times and the bus driver is starting to get a little upset. Same when it's time for them to come home, she can hear that bus a mile away and starts a whinning, I have to tell her NO you wait till they get home. Then we have another dog who is pretty much an outside dog, (cepts for this cold cold weather we had) he is all beagle and a hunting dog, he loves the kids too and would lick you to death if given the chance. He is more protective than anything of them. His bark is lots worse than his bite!!

Well chat with you girlies later, gotta run and cook supper now I guess, tonight for the menu is.....veggie burger for me and baked fries and hot dogs for hubby (his choice) said I had better not be planning on feeding him a veggie burger...(lol)

Sandy...
Old 02-28-2003, 06:27 PM   #153  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Rebel does that too with the bus. I have been in the house before when he sees the bus coming and he lets out this high pitched squeal. I think he knows how to tell time too. haha. He is always waiting for the kids.

Do you guys want me to change threads in the morning to Weighty Issues since it is the first of the month?

Do you guys say Rabbit Rabbit on the first day of the month? My mom always said it brings you good luck if you say it first thing in the morning. My kids will come home and say hey mom did you say rabbit rabbit.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #154  

New Thread is fine with me, but please leave a message on the end of the old one so everyone knows where to find the new one.

And I forgot to tell you the names of our dogs. The girl (inside dog, is Daisy Mae) The boy (outside dog, is Chester)
Old 02-28-2003, 06:42 PM   #155  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Wait for me, wait for me. Geez, it's 1:30 pm here and I've just gotten a chance to post. (pant, pant, pant). I've been tying up loose ends for the end of month and running around town collecting money...of course I did go shopping at Ross' Dress for Less and got some new pants, shorts and tops, then hubby called and asked if I wanted to go to lunch...so I did. Blagh! I ate a whole lot of Korean food--2 pieces boneless BBQ chicken and lots of veggies so it wasn't all bad, just a lot of sesame oil and garlic though. i feel kind of stuffed. Don't think I'll have a loss at all tomorrow, but I'm good with a maintain.

I like the name Weighty Issues or even the other one Through Thick and Thin. But as long as you tell me where to go, I'll be there.

We had a little excitement at our house this morning. I was getting ready to leave the house when I looked outside and there was a strange dog in our downstairs yard. He jumped over the wall and went down through the plants. Our lab/rottie is roaming loose down there so I yelled to my sister to get him into the kennel. Then as I'm putting my shoes on, another dog comes barrelling down the side of the house right into the yard. This is weird because no other dogs or animals, or even people for that matter have come into our yard that way. These 2 dogs were pit bull mixes. Both had collars but no licenses. I had to run outside to put my mom's little chihuahua in the house so she wouldn't get mauled (or so I thought would happen). Kai surprisingly didn't fight the dogs, but he chased and cornered them back up into where they came from. We had to put him in the kennel then lure the dogs back out the gate on the other side of the house. I had the broom stick just in case they tried something funny. They were actually pretty friendly except you never know what to expect w/strange dogs--more so with pits.

Chris good luck with your workshop. Did you enjoy the candle party? I love candles, especially the ones that smell like sweets: belgian waffles, creme caramels, fudge brownies...yum!

Angie, i've never heard of the 'rabbit, rabbit' saying on the first of the month. Where did it originate and what does it mean? It's cute though. Now you've got me thinking about stuff my mother taught me that may seem foreign to you guys...I'll bring it up later if I can think of something specific.

Anyway, I've got to get back to work now. I'll check you ladies out tomorrow. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:38 AM   #156  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

If this works here is the link to the new thread.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...?s=&forumid=13

Weighty Issues.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:58 AM   #157  

Coming up with a name and giving it a new number each month will be easier than a new name each time.

And I didn't mean "wench" in a bad way...just an "I'm not taking any crap from anybody" attitude.

The last time I was at Spencer Gifts in our mall (within the last 6 months) they still had that particular fridge magnet. If you have a Spencer gifts close to you, perhaps call them and ask if they still have it.

Hope you've recovered Kempy.
I'm not saying you were hungover, but it made me think of this question:
If a hangover is primarily caused by dehydration, does dying of thirst feel like the hangover from **** ?
Wouldn't that be horrible beyond description?

Not alcohol related but, if I'm really craving something, I've learned the hard way to have a normal serving of it so I can forget it....otherwise I keep eating other things instead that are more healthy, but after eating all those extra calories...I'm still hungry for that one thing !...... and end up having it anyway.

We're 3 miles outside city limits, and last night these 2 girls were swerving to miss a deer and took out our mail box. They were Ok, but I don't know what their car looked like. We never heard anything, as our house isn't that close to the road.
They and their mom and a Deputy Sheriff rang our doorbell at 10:30 last night to tell us what happened, and how did we want to handle it. Wish everyone was that honest !!
Hubby told them to forget about it since it was an accident. I said to the lady, "Better the mailbox than the deer."
I've always been an animal person.
So we're building a new one today after getting the stuff at Lowe's.
We very rarely have anyone come to our house that late out here, so James had his Taurus 9mm in his hand when he went to the door. When James realized it was a Deputy he had to put the gun down out of sight before opening the door. <G>
Out here you just never know. We do have one neighbor who's "missing a few out of the 6-pack"......a few years ago he was on our front porch yelling and ringing the doorbell at 1am !!
long story.......

Off to the new thread.
Closed Thread