Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 224/214/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the replies, I love reading everyone's different resolutions/goals/etc.!

I think I will make one health related resolution, but it's not necessarily a weight related resolution. It is to eat more whole foods, meaning cook my own meals more often and eat less processed stuff.

I also resolve to move to San Diego!! I've been wanting to for a long time and before this year is out I absolutely WILL live there

Last edited by Evas; 12-28-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Evas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I want to get back into my wetsuit and not look like a beached whale! :-) In all seriousness, I would like to get down to a healthy weight level to go diving again.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 150/110/105

Height: 5'0

I've kept every resolution I've made for the past 3 years. They are not flagrant ideas I have, but promises I make to myself, and I don't break my promises EVER.

I've lost 40 pounds over 3 yrs. This year, I am taking this body to the next level. Intense training and weightlifting to achieve a level of leanness I dare only dream of. I want to be amazing. I don't care so much about weight anymore, since I've hit 110lbs. I now want to transform this body.

I will do whatever it takes to do this.
A quote I love: 'You only get one body, one time'.

If this is my only life, let it be great. One of my biggest fears is watching the years pass and not becoming better.
SunnyJee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #19  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

On one level I'm leery of the entire tradition. Having a time designated for "starting new" also encourages the "I've blown it so I'm going to throw caution to the wind until the next appropriate starting over point."

You know, that "tradition" that tells us that if we take one "wrong" bite that we can eat whatever we want tonight and start fresh tomorrow... or if it's past Wednesday we can eat whatever we want until Monday, unless it's past mid-month then we can start fresh the first of the next month, or if it's past October we can binge until New Years...

So on that level, I'm boycotting those kind of resolutions.

None of my resolutions are "blowable," and I remind myself that there is no starting over, just moving on. Every minute, every choice is an opportunity to make a difference.

So my "resolution" this year is to remember that every choice matters.

I have set some goals for the year though

1. To plan my meals in advance (starting with a day in advance) and to write BEFORE I bite

2. To complete my YMCA's "Commit to Fit" program. It's free to members and it's a 12 week program. After successfully completing the 3rd week participants get a water bottle, and at the end of the 12 week program a t-shirt.

3. In the spring, I'm going to start walking dogs again for the humane society (I have horrible balance, so that's not really an option until the snow's gone and the ground is dry).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #20  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

I do try to have a resolution, but I don't take it super-seriously and get down on myself if I 'fail'. It's more of a set of guidelines to live by:

This year my resolutions are:

1. Be at my goal weight by next new Year's Eve

2. Exercise at least every other day

3. Drink more water (I struggle with that in a big way)
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 169/169/130

Height: 5'5

I've gained a lot of weight in university so far so my goal now is to eat healthy, exercise more and lose 30 pounds this year to make me feel great about myself! I usually don't make resolutions but I am motivated this year!
collegechicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #22  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

My goal for this past year was to loe 75 pounds, get my bp and blood sugar controlled by diet and exercise and I did that.

Now that I feel confident that I can accomplish things, I'm giving myself a challenge to get to 165 (with hopes of getting to 160) and getting more fit and then in August looking as awesome as I possibly can when we go to the beach. To not feel like the stereotypical fat American at a European beach.

For me at this point, having a challenge keeps me focused - gives me a reason to keep pushing myself.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

i dont do the jan 1st thing , i do have things im going to do throughtout the year but not cause its a new year, because they are things i will start soon and being its dec 29th itll obviously be in 2012. my goals are

get a 70% average or more in all my university classes. this shouldn`t be hard i have a high iq and really good memory, i just tend to party more and skip school alot and must put a stop to this.

buy and use resistance bands and weights to build some muscle and lose my grandma arms that i have at only 24

to not freak out when i turn 25 but instead celebrate that im an adult in a good and bettering point of my life and that i havent made the same mistakes as my mother

to be exactly who i am and not blend into other ppls styles

to fully record a song regardless that our guitarist left

to reach onderland

to be able to look in my mirror and not hate my body
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 203/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I dont really do resolutions but I guess it would be to keep losing weight....get healthy and never look back :-)
Ange120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #25  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Generally, this new year I resolve to treat myself as well as I treat others. I tend to put myself on back burner and that isn't fair. Conversely, if someone treats me badly, or curtly, or is selfish, etc., I don't have to react, or take it personally, or respond/reply in kind. I am going to develop a duck's back and let all the nonsense slide off. I had a very tough year in 2011 and I intend to make 2012 better in every possible way, beginning with getting back to my winning attitude and previously happy self.

If I learned nothing else in 2011, I can react, or not, I can get myself worked up/or not, I can allow myself to be hurt by insensitive people/or not....and the outcome will, more than likely, be the same....so why sweat it?

Diet-wise, this past 6 months has also been very progressive and informative. I know that if I continue to follow the proper path, even with a few stops and detours, eventually I'll reach my goal. A small gain means nothing because the small losses tally more. I will try not to get as frustrated with the process, because I have learned it is a process, a long haul, and not a quick fix. 28 pounds lost is stellar progress. I earned it, I worked hard at it, and I intend to get to There from Here, and its going to be AMAZING!!!

I wish everyone a healthy, happy New Year, and may we all have grown wiser in every way for having made it through 2011~!

Last edited by 124chicksinger; 12-29-2011 at 09:39 PM.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #26  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Should also add that last year's start to this weight loss was coincidental that it began around the new year. Is when I learned my health was going to pot! Just as it is somewhat coincidental that I reached my targets about the time for this new year to start. So, while they end up looking like NY resolutions, they are resolutions that could have happened at any time.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:38 AM   #27  

Height: 5'3"

I have never liked making resolutions but I would like to have a good weight loss in 2012 and I would like to go back to school (college).
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #28  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

My New Years resolution is to not make any New Years resolutions. Just going to enjoy another year to the fullest and be thankful for every minute of it.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Lose my last 10lbs and cook 3 times a week..I actually never cook
Also not weight related is I'd like to stop teaching music and work full time in health research. I've been trying to transition into a new career for a while.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

- To finally start eating organic and only whole some natural foods.
- Eat minimum amounts of sugar, 2x a month.
- Train my body to LIKE eating low carb
- Become disciplined about eating habits.
- Become disciplined about working out.
- Not fall off my life style change plans.
- Banish fast food for good.
- My biggest resolution would be to go through with my resolutions all year.
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote