Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #1  

Default Facebook NSV

So a few weeks ago I started posting my workouts and goals on facebook and a few people liked them and I got a few comments, but wasn't sure if I should keep doing it. Then at Christmas several family members told me how much they liked reading about my workouts and that I was inspiring them to workout and lose weight. So now I'm going to keep it up and hope some of it rubs off on my friends.
At first I felt weird letting it out there, but even tho I haven't got the courage to post my weight I still am letting out a lot of what I would never talk about before. It's making me more accountable too, I don't want to let anyone down.
Anyone else gone public on faceook?
Bette k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/208/175

Height: 5'9

Yep! Well first I posted a link to my blog talking about why I started the journey (PCOS and pre diabetes) and what my plan was. I got several positive and helpful comments on that. I've never posted my weight directly to facebook (its in my blog), but I posted about all my big milestones (25, 50, etc) and have an album with progress pictures (not the ones I take for myself, just whenever I get a full body pic) and just the other day I posted a pic of my new jeans held up against my old shorts showing the difference in size. I am always so happy with all the support I get from facebook friends. People telling me I look great and keep it up and that I'm an inspiration. It feels great!
JanessaFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #3  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I just can't bring myself to do this. To me, it's just very personal. Obviously people see the weight gain, but I just can't put it out there for all to see. Some people are different.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #4  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

You are much braver than I. Only a few friends and family know about my weightloss efforts.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #5  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

This is gonna sound selfish, but I don't want people to know I'm actively trying to lose weight and that I'm quite consciously aware that I could stand to lose weight. I also am afraid of failure. If I fail and I know I fail, that's sad, but tolerable. If all my friends and all of my frenemies or acquaintances know I've failed, it'd be devastating to me. lol. that's just me tho
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote