I failed, maybe this time i wont........

• ok so about 3 months ago i went on a hard core diet were i wass working out everyday and eating very little, i went form 237-223 in a little over a month, GREAT RIGHT! but i could not keep it up. i was sooooooooooooooo hungry ALL THE TIME!! and then i got a really bad illness and was no longer able to do my diet, so i stoped. but now i want to start agan. but before i do im going to make a list of everything i hate about my body and try to fix it.

#1- my weight!- i want to be about 150, maybe a little less.
    #2- my teeth- i have braces, but my teeth wont be straight till im 20 years old and right now im 18. there so bad, i have extra teeth up in the top of my gums and im so scared to laugh or smile because someone might see them!
    #3- My acne- its not horriable but still it bothers me, ALOT!!
    #4- My nose- its so big and has black heads all over it!!
    #5 my streach marks, idk if they will ever go away.

I have to fix these things fast. In 5 months ill graduate high school and because of my religion ill be expected to get married within a few years. HELLO PEOPLE NOONE WANTs TO MARRY A FAT UGLY COW!!
    soooo ya, i just need to tell someone that. hopefully i wont quit this time! wish me luck!
  • Calling yourself a "Fat ugly cow" is a bit harsh. You seem to have alot of issues with your body and appearence, and i'm telling you, losing weight isn't going to make all that go away. You need to learn to love your body for all its improfections, and embrace them. Just think this is running alot deeper then the surface...anyways...

It seems like the first time you lost weight, you were eating to few calories. The point of dieting isn't to starve yourself. You need to nurish your body with the approproate amount of food. You need to figure out how many calories your body needs a day to safely let you lose one to two pounds a week. If your having trouble then maybe see a nutritionist They can assest your calorie needs pretty darn well and get you started on a plan if you don't have one yet. Being healthy is a new lifestyle. One that you'll have to do for the rest of your life....good luck with your journey and keep us posted on how everything is comming along
  • Welcome to the forum!
    My motherly piece of advice to you is to set realistic weight loss goals for yourself. Losing 100lbs in 5 months, while not impossible if you can stick to a very strict eating and exercising plan, is not realistic. Maybe losing 30-40 lbs in that time frame is more realistic. Heck, it took me 5 months to lose 25lbs but I am much older than you.
    Also, it sounds like you might have failed on your previous plan because your diet was too strict and your exercising routine was too extreme.
    It sounds like your young yet, make this not only about weight loss but about learning to live a healthier lifestyle because if you do not make life long changes, the weight will come back on.
    To start with, do you know what food plan you are going to follow? There is a ton of information about many different food plans on this site. Pick a plan that fits in your lifestyle and you can follow long term. I chose calorie counting because it is free and flexible. It allows me to eat almost anything I wanted as long as it fits within my calorie range for the day and there are ton of free apps out there to help you track your food.
    Give up the sugary drinks and drink lots and lots of water.
    Incorporate some exercise into your weekly routine. You do not have to join an expensive gym try to walk more, use the stairs more, download videos off of YouTube or Hulu.com to work out to. There are a lot of things you can to do with spending a ton of money.
    Lastly, if you have a bad meal, a bad day, heck, a bad food week. Do NOT let this be a reason to throw in the towel. Get back on track at the next meal. You can do this!!!
    Best of luck to you!
  • Losing weight isn't going to make you love your body. There are probably thousands of posts on this site expressing that. You need to make peace with your body...black heads, stretch marks, crooked teeth, all of it.

You need to lose weight for you. Whether for vanity or health reasons, it MUST be for you.
    And, you need to give yourself a reasonable amount of time to lose it and not get discouraged if it's taking longer than you dreamed of.

I wish you the best of luck...
  • I agree with what everyone else said. honestly your most likely setting yourself up for not sticking to your plan if you are restricting yourself that much.
    you have to set REALISTIC goals! thats the most important thing, but even then, if you don't meet that goal, you can't beat yourself up about it.
    It's taken me quite a while to become accepting of my body...stretch marks and all (and mine are NOT from my kiddos sadly enough) but thats really the only way to succeed in the long wrong...imho
  • sorry i think yall misunderstood me, im not looking to be 150 pounds in 5 months, im trying to loose 8 lbs a month. 150 is my goal weight when ever that may happen.
  • I didn't misunderstand you...and I don't think the others did either.
  • No one misunderstood you. We're going by your stats which indicate you want to lose 100 pounds....80 if we go by your first post No one suggested you were trying to lose 150 pounds in 5 months but you did say you wanted to fix these things in 5 months because your graduating. We're trying to tell you dropping all that weight in that short amount of time isn't healthy, and can cause serious damage both physically and emotionally
  • I want to encourage you to work on your weight loss journey but do it in a positive way. Do not set your goals so high that you are in fact setting yourself up for failure. Each pound lost or a loss maintained is a victory. Be sure that you truly celebrate each one even if your loss does not live up to your expectations.
  • Just like others said, learn to love yourself before you lose weight. I said this in my goal post, but one of my favorite pictures of me is from when I was 200lbs. I love who I am: it doesn't matter if I'm 200lbs or 134 pounds.

Also, do not choose a diet that is very restrictive!! You must find a plan you can stick with for your whole life. If that means getting to your goal weight slower, then so be it. This is not a race...the most important thing is that you get to your goal in a healthy way.