Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #31  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
No problem!!! Oh, and I actually just recently posted a guest blog complaining about all the loose tops out there at the moment. Ugh!

I have found that those blogs (and if you go to my blog listed in my signature I have a ton of links to other curvy blugs) have helped so much with fashion advice, finding brands that works well with my body and self-confidence in general. At the beginning of my journey I was really strong considering a breast reduction when I reached goal and now my mind has changed quite a bit! I still am thinking about a breast lift because I have A LOT of loose skin there but I'm much happier with my actual size. Ditto for my big butt too!
Running, I really want to thank you for posting links all over 3FC like this I've found some great resources because I've evolved into a curvy hourglass shape and I've found it increasingly frustrating to dress myself, especially since I lost another inch off my waist.

Quote:
From a guys perspective you look great! The problem is that society hyper-idealizes that a size 2 is where women should be. I think that's total crap. You need to be where you feel comfortable with yourself. I think it's fantastic that the readers of Esquire recently voted Christina Hendricks the most beautiful woman. I agree. She is curvy and beautiful and not a size 2. Give it a little time and you will grow to love your new body. 100 lbs is a huge achievement you should be proud!
Um. I resent that. I'm size 2 sometimes and I consider myself curvy and beautiful. :/

EVERY woman is beautiful. It doesn't matter if she's a size 2 or a size 22.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #32  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

sontaikle- I really glad it's helped someone! Sometimes I wonder if I'm being a bit annoying but understanding my body type, what bras to wear and how to dress has helped so much with my own body image and confidence I can't help but share.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Gagalu,

Honey, you are HOT! Personally, to me you look like you are at your ideal. If you lost much more you would lose some of those beautiful curves.

EMBRACE YOUR CURVES!

They are part of what makes you gorgeous, womanly, appealing, and sexy. I really hope and pray you can accept the fact that your curves are a plus not a minus. It really saddens me to see beautiful women pushing themselves to lose more and more weight when often they look their most appealing 10+ pounds heavier then what they have benchmarked as their "ideal". Especially when it can be so much harder to maintain a super skinny weight.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Augghhhh this again! SOME OF US DON'T HAVE CURVES! Please stop reminding us that our natural bodies are nto sexy!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #35  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Honey I'm gay and your HOT. You need to see how beautiful you are on the inside and out. Concentrate on the parts you love about you and go from there. You have a rockin' body! And you look so much smaller than a 10! Really!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Augghhhh this again! SOME OF US DON'T HAVE CURVES! Please stop reminding us that our natural bodies are nto sexy!
You tell 'em! All bodies are sexy, curvy or otherwise.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my curves when I lose the weight, and I used to be scared of it...I think it was one of my excuses not to lose weight...I didn't want to lose my boobs or hips. But you know what? I hate the extra fat that comes with it.

Healthy is sexy, no matter what shape it comes in.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Sacha, it isn't my intent to say that without curves aren't or can't be sexy. Sexy is just as much about attitude and people are drawn to different body types.

The reason I am so passionate about this issue is that almost everywhere we look US media/entertainment/magazines are trying to push the idea that being anorexically skinny is the ideal. Perfectly gorgeous and slim actresses are being told that they need to lose weight to get a new role. Models are walking skeletons down the runway. Images in magazines are highly photoshopped to make woman look different from what they really are no matter the size.

There are plenty of women out there driving themselves to an "ideal" that is just as unhealthy or moreso than being overweight.

Skinny does not = healthy. There have been studies shown that moderately overweight people who exercise are healthier than "skinny" people who do not. People can be perfectly gorgeous, attractive, appealing, and healthy at something beyond a size 2. After a certain body fat percentage it is more about personal aesthetics and less about health.

I just wish women would be kinder with themselves in general. That they stop obsessing over trying to make themselves too skinny. Especially when they look perfectly gorgeous and can be absolutely healthy at size much larger than a "2". Their is a happy medium healthwise in all this and we can have ideal health at a wider range than people realize. Woman are also certainly attractive in a much wider range as well.

So when I tell someone to embrace their curves and how appealing they are, it isn't an attack on people who are skinnier but a plea for people to not push themselves to an extreme societal "ideal". It is not my intent to make anyone feel bad about the body God blessed them with.

Last edited by Renwomin; 12-23-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #38  

You look gorgeous and I mean it! I can totally relate to what you are saying though. I've always saw myself much bigger than I was,no matter what weight I was at.

Honey,you are skinny!! And you are working that dress!
NellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #39  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

U look SMOKIN HOTT girl!!!! I would love to look like that in a dress. Go out there and rock ur new hott self.
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #40  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

You look amazing! You seriously have nothing at all to worry about, I would give anything to be your size and I'm sure a lot of women would agree!
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #41  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Sorry to hijack this thread, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renwomin View Post
Sacha, it isn't my intent to say that without curves aren't or can't be sexy. Sexy is just as much about attitude and people are drawn to different body types.

The reason I am so passionate about this issue is that almost everywhere we look US media/entertainment/magazines are trying to push the idea that being anorexically skinny is the ideal. Perfectly gorgeous and slim actresses are being told that they need to lose weight to get a new role. Models are walking skeletons down the runway. Images in magazines are highly photoshopped to make woman look different from what they really are no matter the size.

There are plenty of women out there driving themselves to an "ideal" that is just as unhealthy or moreso than being overweight.

Skinny does not = healthy. There have been studies shown that moderately overweight people who exercise are healthier than "skinny" people who do not. People can be perfectly gorgeous, attractive, appealing, and healthy at something beyond a size 2. After a certain body fat percentage it is more about personal aesthetics and less about health.

I just wish women would be kinder with themselves in general. That they stop obsessing over trying to make themselves too skinny. Especially when they look perfectly gorgeous and can be absolutely healthy at size much larger than a "2". Their is a happy medium healthwise in all this and we can have ideal health at a wider range than people realize. Woman are also certainly attractive in a much wider range as well.

So when I tell someone to embrace their curves and how appealing they are, it isn't an attack on people who are skinnier but a plea for people to not push themselves to an extreme societal "ideal". It is not my intent to make anyone feel bad about the body God blessed them with.
You know that may not have been your intention, but whenever people start throwing around the whole "CURVES ARE BEAUTIFUL" mantra, it ALWAYS excludes women who don't have curves or women who are naturally skinny!.

It's one of the reasons why I dislike when people throw a size out there "You don't have to be a 0 or a 2!" like it's a bad thing to be those sizes. While I would never in my life thought I would be on the other side of this debate, I can wear a size 2! It really bothers me seeing statements that use my size to compare what "too skinny" is. Look at my goal post if you want some comparison, I'm not skinny, I'm not anorexic looking, I'm actually quite curvy and healthy looking and at the high end of the healthy BMI for my height! I'm short! We look different at those smaller sizes :/

Rather than tell women that they don't have to be a certain size or that curves are beautiful, we should tell women that they are all beautiful. Whether they are curvy, skinny, fat, thin, big breasted, small breasted, apple, pear, banana, hourglass, size 0, size 18...they are all beautiful!

No woman should feel ashamed because of her size, no matter what end of the spectrum she falls on.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #42  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Photos help alot. Also, keep a couple of items of clothing from your highest weight and put them on from time to time. Sometimes, wrapping your head around your new body takes a while. It also takes a while to decide exactly where you want to be weight wise--time and experimentation.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread, but...

You know that may not have been your intention, but whenever people start throwing around the whole "CURVES ARE BEAUTIFUL" mantra, it ALWAYS excludes women who don't have curves or women who are naturally skinny!.

It's one of the reasons why I dislike when people throw a size out there "You don't have to be a 0 or a 2!" like it's a bad thing to be those sizes. While I would never in my life thought I would be on the other side of this debate, I can wear a size 2! It really bothers me seeing statements that use my size to compare what "too skinny" is. Look at my goal post if you want some comparison, I'm not skinny, I'm not anorexic looking, I'm actually quite curvy and healthy looking and at the high end of the healthy BMI for my height! I'm short! We look different at those smaller sizes :/

Rather than tell women that they don't have to be a certain size or that curves are beautiful, we should tell women that they are all beautiful. Whether they are curvy, skinny, fat, thin, big breasted, small breasted, apple, pear, banana, hourglass, size 0, size 18...they are all beautiful!

No woman should feel ashamed because of her size, no matter what end of the spectrum she falls on.
I don't believe this would be fair to continue here so I will keep this short. Just because someone says one thing is beautiful doesn't mean that they believe other things are not. Again, my intent was to not offend anyone else that doesn't look like the OP, but to make her embrace how beautiful she is NOW. When someone says that one thing is attractive or appealing it isn't an attack on everyone else. The defensiveness on both sides (myself included) likely stems from society trying to force on us an "ideal" that only includes a certain percentage of women.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

Smokin! and i LOOVVVEE the sweater/dress!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 275/208/175

Height: 5'9

You look fantastic! We have a similar start weight but I'm 2 inches taller. You show me its possible to get there!

I'm also loving all the responses on here! Its interesting to see how many people still have body issues after such significant weight loss. I know I look a **** of a lot better than I did, but I still have a gut that won't go away and am starting to notice flab on my arms and thighs. I'll always have flaws but I know that its better to be healthy!

Keep up the great work, and I hope you go on that date!
JanessaFaith is offline   Reply With Quote