Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 10:26 PM   #46  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Talking Welcome

Chickie- I wanted to say welcome, too! I am fairly new to this group but they are a great bunch and i'm sure you'll find support and Christ's love here as I have. We're having the same weather but we haven't had too much snow so i'm trying to enjoy it.

Had a great time at bible study tonight, there were 6 of us tonight and the conversation went well. You have to understand that most of these girls have never done bible study so it's really new and it pleases me so much to see them enjoy this and to learn to understand God's word. They say things like, I never really thought about praying for others awhile ago but now I feel differently.....so cool! It's also cool how i learn more every time too. One of the girls gave us a small prayer journal, it's something we were talking about and now we will start to journal as a group. Another brought an interesting article for us all to read. I thought it took a lot of thought on their part. Oh I'm just so thrilled. Sorry to go on about it.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:55 AM   #47  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

We seem to be creeping out of our deep freeze. It's only -16C here this morning. Will spring ever come?

Michelle: Isn't it exciting to see new Christians learn about their new faith. It kind of gives us a kick start too doesn't it?

Chickie: A big welcome to you. We look forward to getting to know you better.

Gary: What was for dinner? You always have such interesting meals. BTW, I've been ice cream free for 3 days now. I haven't even had frozen yogurt.

doitforme: Have you heard of Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds videos? They're really low impact with easy steps. I love doing them.

Zoe: Snow in Texas! That's where Canadians go to get away from the snow. Stay warm.

Please pray for me at work today. I've been in the trainee spot up to now and today I go on the front line. Help! It's going to be hectic but the day does go faster that way. I'll let you know how it went.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-27-2003, 09:19 AM   #48  

Angry Good Morning!!

Hi ya!Wilma- I have heard of the tapes and toyed witht he idea of getting them, I have about 900 richard simmons ones. I need to buy a vcr again, mine broke and I never replaced it. Prayers for you having an awesome day at work, keep up the good work staying away from the ice cream.
Mitchy- it is so exciting when you can see others growing in Christ. I am so happy for you that the bible study is working out so well. Prayers that all the reports come back well too! Chickie- Glad you have decided to stick around, we are never at a loss for friends here! E.Z. will have to blow ya some California sunshine! It takes him a while, but it eventually arives. But then I guess it has to cross those rockies hee hee hee.
E.Z. - Quilting is fun, theis one I am crocheting but I made all of my nieces and nephews personalized baby quilts and they still have them. So happy to hear you and sd are on the mend. How exciting making a bigger bedroom, I am sure you wife can figure out something to do with the extra space. Most women have no problem with that, usually it is that we don't have enough ha ha hha
Old 02-27-2003, 09:23 AM   #49  

Angry continued-

Zoe- Sorry to hear it is so cold in Texas- Where abouts in the North East were you from. It must come as a shock to them to have snow and ice.
Sami, Sherree-Ak, Dance4joy, Joanne, Claudette, Mrs Hummer and all others I missed come back and let us know how your doing! Prayers to those that were not feeling well. May God put a hedge around you of protection and healing. We miss you guys! Hope you all have an awesome day! I am off to bowling

Last edited by doitforme; 02-27-2003 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:31 AM   #50  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down HOW'S YOUR WEATHER?

How is the weather ladies? It is raining here again and from the looks of the report alot of you are still being hit hard--I guess that darn groundhog was right

Back at my house today, waiting on my brother, to do some more remodeling-- my wife wants me to get a paying job -- go figure.

CHICKIE Glad to see you posting again-- sorry about the weather-- will send some sunshine as soon as I get some here!

WILMA Sorry I haven't been posting my menus I made pork and pinto beans last night-- put 3 pounds of pork shoulder, chilies, stewed tomatoes, carrots, celery, garlic,oregano,pepper,chili powder, cumin, in the crock-pot for the day-- then eat with warm flour tortillas as a burrito with sour cream, olives , cheese, etc for toppings. The other day I made a soup with northern beans, hominy,frozen corn,diced tomatoes,bean with bacon soup, clilies,onion, cilantro, bay leaves, cumin-- top with cheese--- pretty good too.

doitforme SUE Trying to get you that sunshine girl!!! Good luck with your bowling today-- I really enjoyed it the 13 years I was in league-- haven't bowled in years except on occasion with church.

Have a great day ladies gotta get to work my brother is here--

WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I AM 49---- (((((((OUCH))))))

IN HIS LOVE- and mine- Gary
Old 02-27-2003, 10:43 AM   #51  

Angry It's me!!!

Hello EVERYONE!!!

How is everyone this morning? I hope no one fainted seeing me posting again. I know it's been a while but things have been so crazy around here. As you know we lost Miss Lucky, the baby goat, then my best friend in this world went into the hospital for pain control for her fairly rare bladder disease and within two days coded and DIED!!, then another close friend's brother died of cancer, my SIL and BIL were in a bad wreck and a 6 yr old boy was thrown out of the other vehicle and is still in the hospital recovering ever so slowly, my 15 year old daughter is working in a restaurant in a town 40 miles away and then we had the ice storm this week and my dh works for TxDOT so he has been working 8 hrs on 8 hrs off since Monday and the computer happens to be in our bedroom. So... . . .but HERE I AM NOW!!!!!

I'm feeling much better today except just tired. My eating has been horrible but hopefully I will be able to get back on track now especially coming back to ya'll. I have a few patients to go see in a little while but wanted to check in with you guys. I have missed you so much!!! And it's almost overwhelming trying to catch up with all the posts.

I will address each individually on my next posts.
Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!

Last edited by mrshummer; 02-27-2003 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:14 AM   #52  

Sami~ So you haven't been sleeping very well. I sure hope you can get some answers from somebody about everything. I know you must be scared from all the s/s of heart attack but please don't jump to conclusions. Hey, but you have lost THREE lbs!!!! Yay!!! Congratulations!!! EIGHT inches of snow!?!?! That's really a lot. My little dd would be estatic!! She was so charged just from the inch or so of ice we got. LOL

Wilma~ I bet you are kinda lonely now that your inlaws and sons have left. But it does give you the opportunity to eat right and post with us more.

Sue~ Continuing to pray for your pastor. WOW congratulations on the NINE lbs!!!! Thanks so much for all your prayers and concern.

Claudette~ Hope this finds you feeling much better!

Gary~ Sorry to hear you have been having computer problems. That's wonderful about your dd winning 4 games and making it to 4th in the nation contest!! WOW!!! Another 5K walk/run huh? Downhill sounded great but the uphill I don't know about. Praying that your problems with your sdd are on the mend. I understand 15 is a hard age. Our dd is also 15. But I have no complaints. She's wonderful. Thanks for your concern. I'm ok, I was just stressed out and busy. But I missed you guys terribly.

WELCOME to dance4joy and Sheree~AK!!!!! We hope you like it here and come often and post. I don't think you will find a better group of Christian friends around.

Sheree~ Congratulations on the 15 lb loss!!!!! Yay!!!

Zoe~ Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise! I bet your body was in shock to come home to cold BRRRR temps!!! It's has been a skating rink here since Monday evening but today is clearing. Thank goodness!! I have still be working but it would just take me forever to see patients and make it back home. Good for you only gaining one little old lb! You go girl!!!

Where are you Teaki? Sister Joanne? Everyone else not posting?? WE MISS YOU - POST SOON!!! Pleez!!

Well, I guess I have bored you guys long enough, better get ready to do patients. I have enjoyed a slow morning though. Oh, for all that want to know. The reason my dd is working 40 miles away, she helped one night at a friend's cafe and they thought she did so well that they offered her a busing tables job. But she has done SOOO well that they are training her to be a waitress. She is doing awesome!!! She has gone from nervously carrying a small 12 inch tray with drinks to carrying one of those big trays about 3 ft wide with 5-6 plates on it plus etc... over her head and serving. WOW!! I totally freaked when she came out of the kitchen the other night with it over her head. All our mouths dropped open. But it's like she has been doing it all her life. She is making good tips too. She is very attentive to the tables and being cute doesn't hurt either. LOL But they are taking the time to train her very well and have been so patient with her not that she hasn't done really well. Well, talk atcha later!!! Glad to be back!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 11:16 AM   #53  

Default Starting new thread

Hey everyone!

Going to start a new thread. See you at 167!!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 05:18 PM   #54  

Talking Announcement!

The "Kids" have arrived!
We are thrilled to announce the birth of baby goats!!!!
Spunky gave us triplets, alas Jack was born deceased, but the Will & Grace are doing great.
They are the "Cutest" goats in the whole world

Hi new comers to this wonderful site, Welcome.
Hi to all the old folks, I mean regulars.

I've been down 1.8 and then up .8 so I'm hanging in.
The total loss is only 10 pounds but tis ok.
The niece is down 82 pounds now, and the Dd is down 38.

I must go now to milk momma goat, she's not allowing any nursing
go figure. But this ole town girl has mastered milking and bottle feeding. I needed yet another job! Gracie especially thinks I'm mommie, after all, I'm coming with the food.
Take care all.
God Bless!

Love Joanne
P.S. I must read all your remarks, I've gotten behind in your lives, I'm sorry for that!
Closed Thread