Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default Gonna kill my husband!

He brought not one box, but TWO of the Little Debbie Xmas Tree Cakes into my house.

I've been soooo good about really cutting down on sugary foods. I mean REALLY GOOD. And he goes & does THIS! ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Yup, gonna have to Soprano-style-whack-him, and soon.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Men can be so thoughtless sometimes LOL.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

They come 5 to a box. He eats two a day. Sometimes 4 a day on weekends. They're one of his favorite treats (& mine too, dagnabit!!!!) - THANK GODDESS they're only available for a short time during the year.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #4  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

So funny because I just went to the grocery store and as I was standing in line these Christmas Cakes were sitting at the top of the food belt. Never saw them before but they looked SO GOOD! And of course I was stuck standing there for longer than normal as the woman in front of me went old school and was paying with a check. I might have gotten them if it weren't for the fight I had with myself a few minutes before about pistachio nuts and why I shouldn't buy that 3 pound bag of them. By then I had my willpower back, thankfully.

Make yourself a cup of hot tea with splenda to satisfy that sweet craving!

Someone on here told me about how they mix cinnamon and splenda and sprinkle it over their 100 calorie bag of popcorn. OMG -- so delicious! That helps me too.

Good luck! STAY STRONG!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I never had any of these snacks when I was a kid, but my ex husband grew up on processed foods. When my ex-MIL went grocery shopping for me after my c-section, she didn't follow my list, but made up her own which included these!

That is probably why I existed on coffee for the first two weeks of my daughter's life.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Murder is illegal I don't think you could post here from jail.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #7  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

Ugh, I hate it when my boyfriend brings crap food home with him. They seriously just do not get it!

Luckily I have a sly trick, I mention those cookies or whatever he brought into the house very often and it usually makes him crave one and he eats a couple! They are usually gone within 2-4 days. Then they are gone!
He still doesn't know I do this though so shhhhhhh, its our little secret lol
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #8  

I had a talk with my Husband about stuff like that. Finally he is getting it because we finally decided to make sure we read the labels and most likely it's "poison" for us and especially for out kids.
noelng200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilButterflyWings View Post
Is he the kind of husband that can eat such things and it doesn't make him fat? Mine is like that and it's frustrating! lol
Heh... he USED TO BE like that... but in the past few years, he's "aged" (he's 40 now) and he doesn't exercise anymore, so nope... he's quite the chubby-hubby!!! He keeps saying he is going to start exercising & watch his diet, but so far, nada. As Bugs Bunny would say "whatta maroon!!!"
Old 12-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post

Someone on here told me about how they mix cinnamon and splenda and sprinkle it over their 100 calorie bag of popcorn. OMG -- so delicious! That helps me too.

Good luck! STAY STRONG!
ODG! - that sounds SOOOO yummy!!! I think I'll try that!!! Thanks Shan!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #11  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Murder is illegal I don't think you could post here from jail.
They won't find the body! No body, no murder.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Size 10-12/Size 8/Size 6

Height: Almost 5'4"

My husband made brownies last week. And there's nothing I love more than homemade brownies. It's really hard having a naturally thin person in the house even though he does use pretty reasonable portion control.

I have to remind myself not to take losing weight too far. The more unreasonable I am (no treats, banned foods, tiny portions) the less likely I am to stick with it to reach or maintain my goal weight. For me it's a about getting the right equation. One dessert isn't going to kill you (unless you're a food addict, in which case completely disregard); you just need to balance it out somewhere else. And I'll gladly eat less dinner one night if I get to have a brownie.
January Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #13  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

OP ~ My DH used to do that too, but not so much anymore -- but, just like ISIS, I would remind him often, so he'll eat them faster (becuz he would forget). I have another trick that works well for me: I purposely buy things that I know I don't like that much. He & guests still get a snack, but I can pass it by ...

Also, I only buy or serve a small amount (ie one dozen light shortbread which my Dh likes); and I make sure to have lots of healthier snacks available that I can have on my plan. I buy SALT-FREE nuts, so I won't eat too many; and serve things like olives, pickles, cheeses, LF meat, wg crackers, popcorn, etc.

Then, after Christmas, I give away anything that I don't want -- one year, we had loads of Halloween candy leftover, so we donated it all to our local food bank; and they were very grateful for it.

Quote:
Husbands are the first child ...
I often tell my husband this -- he is my biggest child and our furry baby is second to him ... Btw, my DH is one of those very thin men who can eat anything too.

Quote:
Someone on here told me about how they mix cinnamon and splenda and sprinkle it over their 100 calorie bag of popcorn. OMG -- so delicious!

Great idea -- will have to try that one; thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-14-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #14  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by January Snow View Post
My husband made brownies last week. And there's nothing I love more than homemade brownies. It's really hard having a naturally thin person in the house even though he does use pretty reasonable portion control.

I have to remind myself not to take losing weight too far. The more unreasonable I am (no treats, banned foods, tiny portions) the less likely I am to stick with it to reach or maintain my goal weight. For me it's a about getting the right equation. One dessert isn't going to kill you (unless you're a food addict, in which case completely disregard); you just need to balance it out somewhere else. And I'll gladly eat less dinner one night if I get to have a brownie.
Oh, don't get me wrong - I have my treats! - but certain things, like those LDXTC? - if I eat one, it's a downward spiral from there. I am painfully aware of my trigger foods. Those dadgum xmas tree cakes are one of them. GrumbleGrumbleB*tchMoanWhine
Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #15  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

My hubby does this too!!! FINALLY this last month he has learned that if he brings in treats, don't make it things I love! There are plenty of bad foods he likes that I could take or leave...don't bring in my favorites cause that's just mean. If he acts mean, then I get mean, And no, my DH is not a small thing, matter of fact it's a running joke on when the baby is due. I kid you not, a SOLID round belly, and since he has a bit of a hernia, it mimicks the belly button of a due lady too, He would so not like if he knew I posted this, but it seemed to flow with the conversation
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote