3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   what to do (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/248518-what-do.html)

Icey21 12-11-2011 11:22 AM

what to do

Okay so my birthday is coming up and also Christmas and i already know that i am going to be getting cash for my birthday and i really need new clothes, all mine have holes in them i have putting off buying new ones for a long time because i keep telling myself i will drop the weight then buy new clothes. I think i have finally hit the point where i have to buy clothes. I really hate buying clothes i can never find ones that fit right or and i feel good in... So i am thinking that if i do find new clothes that fit me like they should then maybe i would feel better about myself and get out of this funk. So i guess what i am asking should get clothes now that fit me now and then just get more new ones when i get to where i want to be?:?:

emaline29 12-11-2011 12:03 PM

Yes, I know that dilemma well! I have booked to go on my first ever cruise and was soo hoping that by the time it came around (starts Dec 27th) that I would have gotten to a nice weight...but NO!!
I tell you what I shall be doing..I am going to buy just a couple of new dresses to wear on the first and last eveing meal times and just manage with what I already have. Not what I originally intended but I really don't want to waste money on things that will be too big in the next few months. That way I have already made my mind up that the rest of this weight is ABSOLUTELY going to come off one way or another!!
Wish you well and hope you have a very happy Birthday and a very happy Xmas!! ..:clause:

spetty 12-11-2011 12:21 PM

If you need new clothes, then you should get them! Even if they are not your ideal size, you should try to find ones that make you feel great. I watch a lot of What Not to Wear on TLC and I really love Stacey and Clinton's message: You should dress the body you have, not the body you want. That way you'll look better and hopefully feel better about yourself and that can help motivate you to work towards the body you want.

When I'm stressed about buying new clothes, I also try to remember tons of women, regardless of their weight, have trouble finding clothing that works well for them. My roommate in college had a great body, but really struggled to find pants that fit her right. I know that won't help you find clothing that fit right any faster, but just know that tons of other women are struggling right along with you.

You could also always compromise and spend half the money you get on clothes now and save the rest for when you need smaller sizes.

Good luck!

dragonwoman64 12-11-2011 01:44 PM

yes, buy clothes that fit you now, feel good about yourself now. Why put off until some future "weight loss" date looking good. I understand the thinking of not buying a very expensive item of clothing when someone is dropping lbs quickly. It takes me a while to drop a size (esp now, sheesh)

Esofia 12-11-2011 02:05 PM

Buying clothes second-hand is a good interim measure. Charity/thrift shops are popular, and I've picked up some amazing deals on eBay.

rubidoux 12-11-2011 02:05 PM

I agree that you should go shopping now. And I think you can probably comfortably wear those clothes for quite a while. I had lost 40 pounds before I gained a little back recently and I was able to wear quite a few of the same clothes all the way through. There were some things that were ridiculously big, but especially the tops just looked better on me, more drapey and flowy and flattering. If I had a belt, I'd probably be able to wear a lot of the pants, too. Of course, my sweat pants still totally fit, it's just the zip-fly ones that don't.

BUT, I really think you should go shopping. You will feel a lot better if you're in comfortable clothes.

sontaikle 12-11-2011 02:30 PM

Esofia has a great idea. Get clothes second hand or at thrift shops. Sometimes you can find some brand new clothes for a steal! I've gotten some great jeans that way without spending a lot of money on clothes I can't wear that long.

Also check out the clearance racks of shops you like. With the Christmas season a lot of retailers have been having some great clearance sales and some awesome coupons. If you stack them you can usually buy a lot of clothes for very little money.

popspry 12-11-2011 03:00 PM

Depending on your body, you can wear clothes for quite a while in the journey - as a busty woman I can wear a lot of tops from many pounds ago.

Icey21 12-11-2011 03:36 PM

Thanks guys you know what your right i should feel good about myself now and from now on! I am going to get me clothes that fit now, and when i get to where they don't fit anymore if they are able i can have them taken in!!!!