Came across a rare "before" pic today...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • and thought I would share. I used to avoid getting my picture taken like the plague at my heaviest, but now I'm glad to have a couple to look back on. I can't call this a before and after because I'm not where I want to be yet, but the difference in how I look is kinda amazing to me!

One factor of course is that I didn't bother with things like taking much time on hair, makeup or jewelry. That has happened gradually, and I'm having fun with it now! The best part is how I feel - not just how I feel after climbing a flight of steps, etc, but how I feel that I actually belong amongst the other people in the world, how I feel desirable to my husband, how I feel like I have a right to be any dang place I want to be and can do just about any dang thing I want to do!

I definitely think you can feel all of those things at a higher weight, but I constantly struggled with self esteem. I'm discovering that it's got a lot less to do with how I look than how PROUD I am of myself for living my life in line with my goals, hopes, dreams for my family.

Don't mind the quality of the pictures - the before one is a pic of a pic, and I think taking a picture of yourself in the mirror is harder than it looks!

• Oh man, I can't see the pic at work. I am in awe of your weight loss success though!!!
  • WOW!! Your photos really bring 'life" to the expression - "a picture is worth a 1000 words"!! Really inspiring -thanks so much for sharing - and Congratulations-L.
  • Incredible! You look amazing, what a transformation!! Keep it up.
  • WOW! - awesome success!!! You are such a LOSER!!!!
  • oh my freaking gosh!! SHANNON, you are AMAZING! Your pictures made me a little teary eyed!

I'm so proud of you, and glad that you're proud of yourself! Your story is amazing, and I love how much brighter your eyes look, and how your outlook on life has transformed!! Keep up the good work! I'll be rooting for ya!
  • Amazing! Great job. That is really inspiring.
  • WOW! I am at a loss for words.... That is just.... FAN FREAKING TASTIC! You look so amazing!
  • Amazing! There is so much difference, and you're beautiful in both pictures but in the recent one you are GLOWING! Your skin, your hair, everything looks so much different.

I'm jealous, I can't find a before pic. Like you, I avoided cameras like crazy.
  • Congrats You look great and I'm sure you feel great too. It's wonderful to see the reward of all your hard work.
  • wow!!! absolutely amazing progress
  • Great job!
  • Shannon, you look just wonderful; congratulations!!
  • WOW, you look great!...keep up the awesome job, you will be there in no time
  • your amazing!