Thank You For the Motivation 3FC!

• I just want to say thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone here!

I was thiiiis close to not going to the gym, to giving into my laziness, to blaming my hypothyroidism and PCOS and oncoming period and a host of other things as my reason (or is it excuse?) not to go.

But then I read this forum. Read about people who had far harder struggles than I and still pushed through. About hardships that led to success and those still in the process. I read how in order for there to be change it has to start with ME. That no one cares more about my weight loss and success than ME. That the only person losing out on this would be ME. It must start and end with me!

Well I went, I did week 4 of the C25k plan (for the first time!) Now I'm back and my god, the endorphin! The rush of success of one minor goal! The ability to run for five minutes straight with no asthma attack! Never in my life I would have thought this was possible....

Sorry, I guess I am still high from my semi-run so I probably should end this I just wanted to say thank you, and to tell anyone else out there that it's not as hard as you think once you actually get up, just scream at yourself that you refuse to be lazy!

And when you're finally done? That feeling of building power, that rush of success, that surge of strength? ...There is nothing like that feeling in the world...

So...thank you 3FC
  • Good for you!!! It is such a mental battle. Sometimes it seem insurmountable but that is just in our heads. There have been so many days that I didn't want to go to the gym. It helped me to just commit to myself that I would go to the gym 6 day/wk for 6 months. Then, it wasn't a decision to be made...I was going and I would yell at myself in my head to just move it and get going. I would be really tough on myself to get there and then tell myself to do the best I could do.

C25K is fantastic. Congratulations on week 4!! I'm also in the program and am repeating week 6 because of a 2 week break in my running schedule due to traveling and minor surgery. I agree the endorphins are awesome. I can't believe that I am running for really the first time in my life and I am 56!

Keep at it. Be tough with yourself when you need to be. You will succeed!!