Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday!

More snow here. OK...I'm done for awhile...~13 inches in 3 days. We're supposed to go cut our Christmas tree tomorrow. Temps will be in the single digits and there will be a foot of snow. Oh joy!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #137  

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
My weight is up half a pound this morning. Not really sure why. I had some food off the Whole Foods bar last night, it wasn't much and mostly veges, but maybe it had a lot of sodium. My calories were good, around 1400. Didn't get much exercise in though because when I was attempting it, my stomach was bothering me.
So far today is going well. I got a 50 minute walk, didn't seem to have enough energy to jog. Planning on a good healthy supper.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'3"

New Gym in town just opened, I got a coupon for a free week and went down and tried it. It was great, is only 5 minutes from my house, and is open 23/7 so I can go anytime. Since the weather is turning too cool to get any real gardening in I will try it and see how it goes. Today did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 12 each on elliptical and bike. Wish me luck LOL
Gma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #139  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

Good morning all. Sunday here. I have SO much to do before the cat-sitter comes tonight, before two article deadline tomorrow morning and before leaving for HK on Wednesday. Help!! I wasted yesterday in utter depression and dejection over things in my life. Eating was not good and I was unable to get to the gym. I almost went, had my bag packed and the sun had come out after a cold and rainy morning, then by the time I was ready to compose myself and go, it was cloudy and yucky again so oI didn't go. Saturdays have been like this recently. Not good. Also, the quake alarm yesterday morning had further disrupted my sleep and I had slept in once the fear had subsided enough. Anyhow, deadline pressure today should get my arse in gear.

But, I did NOT smoke. I was not really even interested in quitting smoking these months. Not at all. I wanted to have something I wanted that I could actually enjoy, forget it all. Yes, I know...stupid, but my life has been crazy and it was an excuse. Even now, or should I say, almost now, I am not really committed to quitting. But now I'm thinking, if I've gotten this far -- five full days -- maybe I should. And all your words, especially those from the ex-smokers, have really helped bring my thinking around. There is nothing worse than being told my some non-smoker that I should quit. To me that is an instigator to continue. But, I now can maybe make this MY thing. I have gotten the feeling recently that fellow smokers don't want me to quit but it's more just because they don't want to see me stronger or themselves to feel weaker. Now, THAT bothers me big-time!

Still, my main goal is to lose weight, not to stop smoking. That said, I want to lose it healthily and my lungs and heart need to be in better shape. That will help the weight loss. It's not just about eating less and less. So, yes, in that way, smoking is a part, isn't it?

Diana -- Thanks. You are right. And I was thinking some of this too while I was arguing with myself. It's like I have started to see the light, to see that I don't even really like smoking that much but I turned to it to kind of like beat myself up when life did the same to me. Like they say, abuse breeds abuse. I had seen this behavior a lot in alcoholics and such and now realize I was doing it too with the smoking. The hardest thing for me is that I have to be sitting in front of the computer and can't do things that would distract me or be pleasant enough to distract me. This has been the worst. But, I am getting better. Thanks. You're right. I don't want to feel that regret or sense of failure.

mamakat -- Thanks for your support. The problem is I never really feel successful because I never really feel anything good from quitting. People say I will feel great but I don't, because I didn't smoke that much perhaps. I don't know. I probably also wasn't testing it or I would write off being out of breath to simply not doing enough cardio. I'm pathetic, really.
What do you mean by 10 lbs in two days?

berry -- Congrats on the new low!!

Gma -- Yes, it is hard and then not. It's the habit and instant gratification you get from smoking that is so hard not the addiction physically, if there is one really. The thing is, I quit once and truly quit without a single smoke for 15 years. Looking at that now I can't imagine how I did that, as there were lots of temptations. I really can't imagine how I did that. I guess I was in a much better mindset. The past three years have been h ell for me and things are still very bad. I think smoking has been something I needed in some perverse kind of way. Oh, and the new gym sounds great! How perfect for you. Good for you for going! Keep it up!!

Isabella -- Hope you feel better real soon!!

Ande, Moon, ruth, any others, hello!!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-03-2011 at 07:12 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #140  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Good evening ladies! And Larry! Oh how I've missed you!

So, forgive me for not getting personals, There are just so many of you, it'll take a few days for me to catch up.

so, as for me, I have been crazy busy. This semester I am doing my Clinicals, which means I have class two nights a week, plus in class experience once a week for three weeks followed by a week of teaching a subject, (3 weeks, teach math, 3 weeks, teach Science, 3 weeks, teach Social Studies). In addition to that, we also have been babysitting a lot for our friends daughter/s, while daddy is in the hospital. This week alone we had their youngest on Wednesday night and Thursday night, then she went to Grandma's for a few days, then she'll be back tomorrow, then hopefully daddy can come home. No one is quite sure what is wrong with him, but he's had numerous surgeries in the last year, and he still is feeling horrible. Last night, we babysat their cousin so Grandma could go to a Christmas party for work. It's amazing how different two different two year olds can be! Tonight we have a break, then tomorrow should be the end unless daddy can't come home...

No real chance to work out lately, but I did break out the Wii fit this morning, and I also have my P90X discs out to begin as soon as my semester ends on the 12th... Next comes student teaching...

I'll check back in a bit, have to go log my dinner! :-)
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #141  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

redballoon LOL, typo. 10lbs in two days...OK, I can't stop laughing at myself. I meant 10 miles in two days. I have a problem with racing thoughts (thanks to Bipolar ) so sometimes my fingers can't keep up and I out and out don't make sense. But in the end it's a good laugh. I talk like that sometimes too.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #142  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

It's been a fun day - Though I did stay on plan. We gained some extra kids for the night and my DH went to work nights. I love when my house is full! Took some of my friend's kids tonight, so have 6 kids tonight LOVE IT! Sounds foolish, but I am happiest when I have a full house. I made 3 batches of cookies that they all devoured (yay! So I didn't have any left here to eat myself). Also made a blueberry pie, only 1 slice left... I forget how much kids can eat when they are using a bunch of energy playing together Now there are 3 of them chasing each other around the pool table - I think chasing these guys will count as a workout, Hope everyone is having a great evening!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #143  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I really paid close attention to my sodium intake today. I am so ready to get rid of this bloat I have been feeling.

Mamakat It does make sense about the blisters if the tape was too loose. Maybe put some antibiotic cream or aloe on them. I hope you are back to those amazing walks soon.

Berry Congrats on the new low! You are working it! I hope you get some much needed rest tonight.

Andejean I remember you were having a rough time after your surgery. Overall, are things better since the surgery?

IsabellaOlivia Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you are better soon.

Moondance Hmm, I'm freezing to death when it's in the 30's. Geesh! Thirteen inches of snow and single digits does not sound good. I hope you find a great Christmas tree tomorrow!

Ruth Great job on the walk!

Gma4 Great job on those exercise machines. Does the gym offer classes?

Redballoon Even now, or should I say, almost now, I am not really committed to quitting. But now I'm thinking, if I've gotten this far -- five full days -- maybe I should. I don't believe that you are not committed. You may be feeling weak right now. Maybe telling yourself that it's OK to smoke because you have really committed yourself to quitting. A person doesn't decide to quit on a whim. Smoking, like overeating, drinking, etc is a major part of one's life. That first day you were committed so that's what you did. Don't second guess yourself because of the stress you are feeling. Fight through it.

Itsmyturn How was the girls night out? It sounds like you've got your hands full tonight.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-03-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #144  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1465 Calories +

Saturday is normally my higher calorie day. I decided not to do that today. I also watched my sodium closely today.

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (250 Calories)
Chicken 120 calories
Cabbage/Zucchini 100 calories
Curry powder/seasoning (no salt added to either of these) 30 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
I used Mrs Dash Southwestern Seasoning to season my hamburger meat for the tacos. I used a small amount of taco sauce. I also cut it with Greek Yogurt)
2 Taco Shells 100 calories
Hamburger Meat 200 calories
1/8 cup cheese 40 calories
2T taco sauce w/plain Greek Yogurt 50 calories
lettuce/tomato 50 calories
5 tortilla chips 60 calories
1/6 banana cream pie 350 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Get Chisel'd w/#8's and #10's
The bonus cardio workout from Get Chisel'd
1000 Jump Ropes
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #145  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

Diana -- Hmm....you saw through me! Drat! Now I can't fool myself on points like this. I have a good Thought Editor who call me on it! Thanks. Maybe it is weakness trying to sneak a false rationalization in there. Sigh. I guess I have to do this work too.

It's like now. My place is absolutely filthy and I left it go and now it's really too late to do much about it before the cat-sitter comes. I want to get to the gym but that will eat up about 4 hours, which would leave me only 90 minutes to do whatever before she comes. I hate, hate, hate cleaning but this is worse, because this is what it comes to if I leave it.

mamakat -- I was wondering what you had cut off!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-04-2011 at 12:20 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:08 AM   #146  

Height: 5'8.5"

Default Old Timer Back Again

Hello everyone

It's been ages since I have been here and wow, can I tell it. I was doing so well with my weight loss and now here most of it is back. Sooooooo time to start over again! Looking forward to getting to know a lot of you and being a part of a group to help all of us get into better shape!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #147  
~Star~

Diana - I didn't make it home in time to go to the movie with the girls They had fun though, just felt bad. I seem to miss too much sometimes with work, but I also know they totally understand. Dying my youngest daughter's hair tomorrow, so that will be some "us" time Thinking 2 weekends from now that I will take the girls somewhere just me and them - maybe a restaurant or shopping or something to make up for it. Thank you for asking though!!! I do have my hands full tonight, but love it. We had 9 kids over earlier for a few hours... would have had them all stay the night if I had my way,
Old 12-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #148  
~Star~

Hi Misti!!!!

Andejean - No problem on the personals, as you see sometimes we all have times we slack due to life being so busy

Mamakat - My mom and I call that "talking nights"... after someone works night shift they seem to do that periodically without having bipolar, LOL! It's our own way of being bilingual
Old 12-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #149  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Hi Misti!!!!

Andejean - No problem on the personals, as you see sometimes we all have times we slack due to life being so busy

Mamakat - My mom and I call that "talking nights"... after someone works night shift they seem to do that periodically without having bipolar, LOL! It's our own way of being bilingual

Thanks, ItsMyTurn! LOL I see I need to update my ticker, unfortunately! But hey, it will go down again... right?
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #150  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

Woke up with the neighbor's three hound dogs. One of them never learned how to bay/bey or howl and it sounds like she's being beaten all the time. It's one of those sounds that triggers an anxious feeling in me. Animal cruelty (any cruelty really) makes me angry so when she barks a rage comes over me. That's of course until I'm fully awake and realize it's the dog who can't bark right. Then it's a whole other anger...why do they keep them out so long? They do most of their morning howling under my DS's window, but he's not home right now...so it won't affect him.

ItsMyTurn You've given me another good thing out of a crazy thing. 1)anxiety cardio (awesome) and 2) being bilingual...so cool. I have a little Spanglish in me as I grew up in the heart of Phoenix and most everyone I knew spoke Spanglish. But now to say I'm bilingual, awesome Glad last night was good for you. I can't handle more than three kids. They could all be angels and I still would start to bug out. I love kids, just not in MY house

Misti welcome back.

Jomotho, Krystal, Larry, Still, Sum, Vixsin some of you I know are doing OK as I see you on MFP, but some of you have been silent for awhile and I hope you are doing OK. I wanted to let you know you are missed.

good morning to all my friends

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote