3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   im so shock! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/247426-im-so-shock.html)

babygurl12 11-20-2011 07:08 PM

im so shock!

Ok I being on my weight loss journey for a month and a half. On the 26th of this month it will be 2 months and I'm shock. Because in a month and a half I lost 35.6. Because I weight in today at 249.4 from my highest weight 285 cus I gain from 280 from fluid. So my doc told me to add 5 lbs to my weight. I was full of fluid lol but anyway, yea! Is this normal? I mean I am very happy but am I the only one losing weight rapidly? I'm not trying to. Its just I can't eat a lot of stuff. I have diabetes and acid reflux so I'm limited on what I can eat. I barely reach 900 calories sometimes. Sometimes I'll go over 900 but still I don't reach 1000 at all. I don't eat bread, pasta or rice. I don't eat pork. Don't eat smoked sauages because it trigger my acid reflux. No sweets and salty food cus my diabetes. I quit drinking diet sodas because you might as well drink the real thing because diet soda has just amount of sugar as the regular soda do so I quit. I only drink water, green tea and light cranberry juice. Snack I eat fruits and yogurt and I'm gonna try that special k crackers. My typical breakfast will be special k strawberries cereal or oalmeal or homemade cheese grits. I don't eat fast foods. I mostly have a fruit and something to drink for lunch. Like water and sum grapes or green tea or an orange. For dinner. I would eat 1 or 2 wraps cus they are low carbs and either 80 Cal's or 100 Cal's. If it 100 Cal's I will eat one. A salad with low fat ranch dressing and whatever in my wraps I'll put in my salad. Like chicken or ground beef but i love turkey ham so i mix turkey and chicken together sometimes. That's what I do. I also do moderate exercises too. So am I the only one?

Expunge 11-20-2011 07:26 PM

For your starting weight and the number of calories you're consuming, that's not abnormal. I would probably look into upping your calories a bit to make sure you're getting the nutrition you need, but the most important thing is that if you start feeling burnt out or like you want to cheat, it's better to bend than to break! (Meaning it's better to up your calories but remain sensible rather than quit completely.)

babygurl12 11-20-2011 08:13 PM

But how can I when the foods I can eat don't go over 1000 Cal's? Lol i don't feel hungry but when i do I grab a fruit.

NEMom 11-20-2011 09:09 PM

First, congrats on your weight loss! 36lbs in two months is great! Some could be attributed to water weight and giving up soda. Plus, 900-1000 calories is really low for anyone. I caution you to stay strong even if your weight loss slows. Your doing great be proud of your acheivements.

KatMarie 11-20-2011 09:53 PM

I lost around 30 pounds my first month and around 15 pounds a month the next 2 months. Then slowed down to around 10 pounds for awhile. The weight comes off quickly the heavier you are, at first. It'll slow down. These last few months I was lucky to lose 5 pounds a month.
Plus, you're only eating 1000 calories a day! Have you ever tried drinking Ensure? I think they make a formula for diabetics.

babygurl12 11-20-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatMarie (Post 4114834)
I lost around 30 pounds my first month and around 15 pounds a month the next 2 months. Then slowed down to around 10 pounds for awhile. The weight comes off quickly the heavier you are, at first. It'll slow down. These last few months I was lucky to lose 5 pounds a month.
Plus, you're only eating 1000 calories a day! Have you ever tried drinking Ensure? I think they make a formula for diabetics.

No but i will look into that. Thk u. I'm not trying to eat under 1000 Cal's but what I am allowed to eat doesn't add up to that much cals

babygurl12 11-20-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEMom (Post 4114805)
First, congrats on your weight loss! 36lbs in two months is great! Some could be attributed to water weight and giving up soda. Plus, 900-1000 calories is really low for anyone. I caution you to stay strong even if your weight loss slows. Your doing great be proud of your acheivements.

Thank you so much! I am very proud!

JayEll 11-21-2011 06:14 AM

Hey! You're doing really well, and there's no need to worry at this point. But like others, I suggest you raise your calories per day--and I suggest you do that by adding more protein. I don't see much protein in your food list. Protein is much better for diabetics than grabbing an extra fruit.

In addition to the turkey ham and chicken and lean ground beef, think of fish (like canned tuna or salmon) and an egg now and then (such as hard boiled, with lunch). Also, lowfat cottage cheese is a good protein source. Instead of only 1 wrap at 100 calories, have 1 wrap with extra turkey ham or chicken. Adding an extra ounce of chicken breast would add only 30 calories, but 7 grams of protein. If you add 2 ounces and the wrap be 160 cals, with lots of protein. And try to spread your protein throughout the day more.

Jay

Latchkey Princess 11-21-2011 10:01 PM

First of all congrats on the weight loss! Amazing job!

That said, I agree with Jay. My husband is a diabetic and fruit is on his "once in a while" list since it's chalk full of carbs, which are a diabetic no-no. His diet consists mainly of protein with some complex carbs, some fat, and hardly any simple carbs. So try adding some protein to your diet in the form of more lean meats, fish, eggs, nuts, or dairy (my husband especially likes a snack of cheddar cheese and whole wheat crackers before bed, the combo of protein and carbs helps keep his sugar levels stable through the night). And even as a diabetic, it is very much possible to get above 1000 calories a day in a healthy way (my husband is currently on a 2000 calorie a day diabetic plan from his endo), it just takes some planning.

Good luck, and keep going! You're doing great. :-)

babygurl12 11-23-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayEll (Post 4115036)
Hey! You're doing really well, and there's no need to worry at this point. But like others, I suggest you raise your calories per day--and I suggest you do that by adding more protein. I don't see much protein in your food list. Protein is much better for diabetics than grabbing an extra fruit.

In addition to the turkey ham and chicken and lean ground beef, think of fish (like canned tuna or salmon) and an egg now and then (such as hard boiled, with lunch). Also, lowfat cottage cheese is a good protein source. Instead of only 1 wrap at 100 calories, have 1 wrap with extra turkey ham or chicken. Adding an extra ounce of chicken breast would add only 30 calories, but 7 grams of protein. If you add 2 ounces and the wrap be 160 cals, with lots of protein. And try to spread your protein throughout the day more.

Jay

Thank you so much for the great advice. I'll try the tuna and fish and other stuff u suggested. Thank you so so much!

babygurl12 11-23-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latchkey Princess (Post 4116008)
First of all congrats on the weight loss! Amazing job!

That said, I agree with Jay. My husband is a diabetic and fruit is on his "once in a while" list since it's chalk full of carbs, which are a diabetic no-no. His diet consists mainly of protein with some complex carbs, some fat, and hardly any simple carbs. So try adding some protein to your diet in the form of more lean meats, fish, eggs, nuts, or dairy (my husband especially likes a snack of cheddar cheese and whole wheat crackers before bed, the combo of protein and carbs helps keep his sugar levels stable through the night). And even as a diabetic, it is very much possible to get above 1000 calories a day in a healthy way (my husband is currently on a 2000 calorie a day diabetic plan from his endo), it just takes some planning.

Good luck, and keep going! You're doing great. :-)

Thank you. Like I told jay I really appreciate ur advice and I'll try to put more protein in my diet. Thank you so much