Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Wink Giving into food intolerances...argh!

I feel like hitting myself upside the head...you know the feeling? when youve done somthing dumb again and your like "why(smack) did(smack) i(smack) do(smack) that(smack)!!

Yah thats me right now..wondering why why why i had to go and eat a piece of pizza when i have a gluten and wheat intolerance..

My friends its not worth it! so not worth it!.. its not worth the pounds! its not worth the after effects that seem to stick around forever!!! I mean..seriously..bloated gassy belly....the opposite of backed up plumbing...(shakes head)..... bad bad bad... If only i could convince myself pizza tastes so much worse..(Sigh) whataya gonna do?

Anyone else have that same issue with eating something they are intolerant to?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/slim

Height: 5ft 6

Alcohol. I'm not intolerant to it, but I can feel bad the morning after having a few drinks. I never get really drunk, but I still have a couple drinks even though I know it makes my weight loss completely stop and makes me feel bad in the morning.
3CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Like literally LOL over this one!!

Ice cream. The real stuff. The creamier, the better. Cold Stone is my favorite! Ice cream is one of my many weaknesses and it doesn't sit well with me at all. I wish I knew why. Is it the sugar? The fat? Maybe the combination?

I started using this digestive enzyme with this DPP IV enzyme that's supposed to be really great for gluten and casein break down, specifically designed for people with intolerances (not Celiacs). The brand is Houston. I was getting heart burn or indigestion often, so I had to try something. It sure makes a difference, even with ice cream!

Last edited by twinieten; 11-20-2011 at 07:32 AM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #4  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

LOL, yep. I have issues with dairy fat. Not dairy in general (lactose and me get along just fine when my dairy is in non-fat form), just dairy fat. Within 15 minutes of eating food in a restaurant I can tell if it had butter hidden in it - my stomach reacts that quickly.

For years I continued eating dairy fat even though I knew what it would do to me (actually, it took me a long time to figure out that my issue was with dairy fat specifically, instead of just dairy in general - but I still ate it regardless), and I had stomach problems on a daily basis as a result. It made me miserable, honestly - I was always on the lookout for a safe (read: private) bathroom just in case my stomach revolted.

I still love cheese and pizza and ice cream, but I eat those kinds of things only very, VERY rarely these days, and I am honestly so much happier for it. Not having those constant stomach problems anymore feels like I'm living in a different, more normal body, and I have none of the worries about bathrooms and the like that I did before. Giving up regular consumption of dairy fat has really been worth it for me.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

I have been basically rebelling against my Drs orders for almost a month now! I have pcos and my insulin has been crazy so I'm supposed to be low carbing. I also have a digestive condition and I can't eat fatty stuff, red meat, preservatives, dairy, various veggies and a bunch of other stuff. I was really focusing on eating foods that didn't make me feel like crap but then...I guess I said SCREW IT! I'm back on the wagon as of the morning. I know how all those foods effect my body (both symptoms and weight) and need to try to remember. You would think horrible stomach pain, cramps, nausea, headaches, fatigue, etc would be pretty convincing and keep me away from that stuff. Well, now it will be!
nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I'm not 100% sure what my intolerance is. I have tested negative, but if I avoid them I don't have reactions. I'm thinking my issues are peanuts, legumes, soy, and tree nuts. Ever so often I will have a reaction. I'm thinking it's because of a cross contamination or there is an allergen in the that I am not aware of. I haven't given into my intolerance on my own. It is such a pain when I have a reaction. My lips/tongue breaks out, I gain weight 2-3 pounds of water weight and stuff (constipation). It will take 1-2 weeks to clear up if I don't come into contact with the food again. At the grocery store I find myself staring at all the desserts with nuts and peanut butter in them. I stand there looking at the candy that contains nuts. I was behind a man one day. We were checking out. He didn't have a jar, he had a canister of peanut butter. My mouth was literally salivating. It is ridiculous! So far, I haven't given in on my own, though. We went out to dinner and my DH ordered something with nuts in it. I got a major attitude. Complete personality change. I literally felt sorry for myself and was totally pissed at him.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/237/170

Height: 5'9''

All of my favorite foods mess me up. Dairy gives me cramps, sugar gives me back and joint pain, wheat/flour based carbs give me headaches and joint pain, tomato based or acidic foods give me real bad indigestion, and I cannot digest beef. Makes dieting a nightmare.

This hasn't stopped me from eating these foods though, only limited my consumption lol.
RockemSockem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #8  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Those dehydrated onions on things such as McDonald's cheeseburgers and Big Macs! I shouldn't be going to that place anyway but when I do I just have to get those onions. Sometimes I ask for extra. It's a form of self punishment I guess but I have trouble staying away sometimes.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote