Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 01:39 PM   #1  

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again .....281

WELCOME !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way To Go !!!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME !!!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 02:02 PM   #2  

Looky, looky I started a new Thread all by my self.

I can barely keep up with you gals, glad to hear were still OP, and kicking butt

Had a terrible weekend, spent all of it on the couch with a tissue under my nose, I didn't even change out of my pajamas, untill this morning, can't really wear them to work, may get frowned upon Today I'm not feeling to bad, instead of a dripping runny nose it's pluged, I'll take a plugged nose over a drippy one any day, It's so raw from wiping it.

The only good thing about not feeling very good, is you don't feel like eating either, so all weekend I drank ton's of water and didn't eat much, really made a difference for WI this morning,
So the drumroll please...... I lost 6lbs last week, yeah
Hey do you think I can lose 3lbs today, to meet my goal of 50lbs gone by tomorrow, yeah wishfull thinking, but I almost made it.

Just a quick note, check in later

Last edited by Duckie25; 02-10-2003 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:08 PM   #3  

Wow it is the week of the 6 lb losses. Yeah to duckie and to Kat.

Sandy: I am anxious to see the recipe. I am always looking for stuff to fix for my dinner. Remember the discussion we had about hot dogs? I bought a package for dh last shopping trip and looked at them today just to see what they said. One measily hot dog has 140 calories 120 calories are fat! Isn't that awful. They happen to be one of my favorite foods too and it is one of the things I really miss. I can't stand turkey or fake ones even dressed up with lots of stuff so I will just have to go without and once in a while have one as a treat. When I was young my mom used to buy hot dogs with the skins. They are pretty hard to find anymore unless you can find them in the deli section and they are expensive. I do not know why I loved those rubbery things but I sure did/do.

Ok, since today is Motivational Monday let's get motivated to get a routine going in exercise. Believe me, once you get in the groove, you will stick with it! So today I am going to try and motivate you to exercise every day!

lift weights

do squats

do dance aerobics

lift those arms and legs ah one ah two

AND WE WILL ALL BE IN THIS TOGETHER!!

Donna
Old 02-10-2003, 03:36 PM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Good Monday morning...ooppss afternoon. I have been in bed sick and just woke up.

Duckie... thanks for starting the new thread. You did a great job!! I love it when new people start the new threads. It shows me you feel like this is "your" home group... not just a group you visit.
Congrats on your 6lbs.... for the next 3.

Mary... you asked where everyone was. Well.. I have been keeping the bathroom throne company. I don't know of any polite way to describe how sick I have been last night. It was not a pretty sight.

Tina... Of course I am not mad at you.. or anyone else.
My life this last week has been like a novel. Like all good novels it has many story lines that all intertwine with each other. No ONE event stands alone. And the card issue did not stand alone either. It was just the only one I asked advice on. Well... I have taken care of several of the other issues so my life is starting to get back to normal again. FINALLY. Add being sick on top of it all and I was just in a bad place for a while.

Sandy... sorry I wasn't here for you. I know how it feels to need people to post and no one show up. I am still not well yet, last night I was just as sick as a dog.

Kat... you don't sound like you are too well either. Just a different kind of sick. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Donna.. I see you have lost 50 lbs. How long has it taken you? I know you just joined us here in Jan.... when did you start losing? ARe you following WW? I loved your execise demonstration. It put a smile on my face.

Okay.. I love all the rest of you guys too... but that is everyone who has posted on the last thread. I am headed back to bed.
I slept for 13 hours... I am not sleepy... just feel too sick to sit up any longer. At least I am not throwing up any longer.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:41 PM   #5  

2cute: oohh honey, that is one tough way to lose weight having it come out both ends. Try and get some rest and hope you are feeling better soon. Oh, I started on Jan 6 so yes, I lost 50 lbs in a little over a month, but I changed my eating etc so drastically I figure that is the reason. No am not on WW. I do a 1600 cal/ 400 cal fat eating plan with 1 1/2 mile exercise everyday. I think I will slow down now that my body has adjusted to eating like this.

Donna
Old 02-10-2003, 03:51 PM   #6  

OH MY GOD !!! Donna, 50lbs in one month !!!!
I think I will hang myself now.

Well... before I hang myself... I will tell you all to watch Oprah.
They have people who have lost over 300lbs in one year. One guy I think lost like 500+. It may be a rerun... but I don't think so. Feb is sweeps month so they usually have NEW shows in Feb.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:12 PM   #7  

Trying Again for 2003
Total Loss Per Member
For January, 2003

Baylee 10lbs
peekabooangel 6lbs
QueenB 9.2lbs
Thinthinker 4.5lbs
bobsgal 7lbs
Kat 9lbs
Duckie 9lbs
Lucky 14lbs
And the biggest loser for the month
jackslady 40lbs

----------------------------------------------------
Total Group Loss 108.7
Old 02-10-2003, 04:15 PM   #8  

Hey gals, if I missed someone or If your stats are wrong pm and I'll edit it, over hundred pounds lossed in one month, with alot of help from Jackslady, were on a roll, this is our year. Way to go girls
Old 02-10-2003, 04:17 PM   #9  

Yes, Im watching Oprah!!!!! OMG these people are great!!! Exactly how I feel, nothing gonna get in my way!!!!

PS) I did my exercise tape!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #10  

Just a funny,
Old 02-10-2003, 05:15 PM   #11  

That was a good funny Duckie!!!

Oprah was so good. I just know I can loose this weight!!! People like that inspire me so much. My favorite was the lady who was only 4'10" and lost like 150 lbs....she was great!! Anyway, keeps me inspired as do all of you!!!

this is the recipie I have

W.W. INTALIAN CHICKEN
1 SMALL CHICKEN COOKED THEN PICKED APART
1 TSP SALT
1/4 TSP PEPPER
2 TSP PAPRIKA
1/2 TSP GARLIC POWDER
1 TSP POULTRY SEASONING

SPRINKLE ALL THAT STUFF OVER THE CHICKEN THAT YOU HAVE PUT IN THE BOTTOM OF A CROCK POT.

TO THAT ADD

1 CAN TOMATOES
3 TBS. DRY ONION
1/2 SLICED GR. PEPPER
1 CAN MUSHROOMS

LET THIS COOK ON HIGH FOR A WHILE..... ADD 1/2 TSP OREGANO AND THEN THICKEN THE SAUCE WITH CORNSTARCH.
COOK FOR 5 MORE MINUTES AND THEN SERVE OVER RICE.

As you can see its a recipe that you can change a lot. Like I used left over chicken from the chicken I cooked last night, 1 can of tomatoes did not seem to be enough so I added some water. Then I threw in a bunch of spices. I also added the leftover cooked carrotts from last night (what the heck) then I just keep adding spices to get the flavor I want. Im just so creative....LOL
Anyway, its really really good and I don't think it has much in it for points maybe just the chicken, everything else is on the free list. So I would count it as maybe 3 pts. then don't forget to count the rice and I love rice.....so I will have a double serving of rice for 6 pts and then that stuff over it for 3 pts and a salad and I have a low pt meal.....

Mdonna/ thanks for the strength you sent my way!!! I did the tape (did I like it) I can't say I hated it, but I it's not my favorite thing to do still, but time will tell. I'm so excited about this new journey that I am not gonna let that part of it get me down, I will grin and bare it and pray and pray that I will learn to require it in my daily routine.

Hugs to you all and dont forget its motivational monday, hope I motivated you all.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:33 PM   #12  

I hope everyone got to see Oprah... it was GREAT !!!!
There was one common denominator for ALL of them.....

EXERCISE !!!!!

Yep... that dreaded "E" word.
Well ladies... let's face it... we need to exercise to reach our goals.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:01 PM   #13  

I watched Oprah and lost 5 lbs crying! I mean, cannot we all identify with even the 800 lb guy and some of the stuff he said? Every one of you should put this on your refrigerator and read it every day. It doesn't matter what religion you are. No one says it better than God!

"He gives POWER to the weak and to those who have no might he increases STRENGTH.Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their STRENGTH. They shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall RUN and not be weary, They shall WALK and not faint." Isaiah 40: 28,31

We are gonna make a pact that we too are gonna be Oprah's girls. We are each one gonna have a story to tell to the world. I promise you that I am gonna help pick you up when you fall down, I will pray for you when that is all that is left, I will encourage, love and implore you with everything I have and in the end WE WILL ALL BE VICTORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

I am not going to fail this time and you are not either. We will trudge up the exercise mountain, we will put away those bad habits and embrace new ones, we will eat properly and eat enough not to go hungry and we will LOSE LOSE LOSE!

I love you guys and thanks for all your encouragement!
Donna
Old 02-10-2003, 07:21 PM   #14  

Back already. I have a question for any of you. Have any of you taken a baking recipe and substituted the sugar for splenda? One of the other threads I post on has a choc chip cookie recipe using sugar and I wondered if you could cut calories and retain taste using splenda.

Thanks, D
Old 02-10-2003, 07:45 PM   #15  
I'm on my way!

I have finals tomorrow afternoon...so I will be back after that...my next semester doesn't start until March 1st...so I get a breather!! But...I may just get a jump start on one class...I already have the books for it!

I need to hit the books tonight...talk at you all tomorrow night...I promise...

That white bean salad sounds yummy!!!

TTFN Love you guys! Michelle
Closed Thread