Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 216/132/120

Height: 5'9

Everyone but my perfectly thin mother thinks I don't need to lose weight. My mom has always been very direct. "You're fat." she tells me with a straight face. But I didn't decide to do anything about it until now.
I grew up in the midwest. So most people are fat and therefore they don't see you as fat if you're just overweight instead of obese.
Arwen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #32  
She's A Firecracker!

S/C/G: SW:267/ CW:200/ GW:130

Height: 5'2

Does anyone else get ticked off when a family member or friend hears your weight loss goal and says "Well that's too thin!" and my goal is like 130 and I'm 5'2 that's almost pushing it for a healthy bmi that's almost overweight lol
LittleMissWarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #33  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Our harshest critics are ourselves. People will see nothing but how good you look, not how far you have to go.

Most of the time they mean well. I get it all the time from one friend (and believe me I'm nowhere close to goal). But we've so stigmatized weight that she thinks it's nicer to lie to me about my unhealthy size than encourage me getting to a good one.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I never tell anyone I am dieting. If someone happens to say are you losing weight. I say yes a little and change the subject.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Being that I'm 311 lbs, I don't get this comment. But I do get a lot of other rude, intrusive and inappropriate comments about my weight loss. What I am doing wrong, what I should be doing, my food choices, my exercise. It's ridiculous. I actually just wrote a post about it. People in general don't know they are going over the line sometimes, which is why they think its OK to comment on our weightloss. Really I think people should keep their opinions to themselves unless they were asked for them.
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 192/160/137

Height: 5'4"

It's so interesting what people say when you've lost a lot of weight. I want to lose 15-16 more pounds. People say slow down or you're skinny you don't need to lose anymore. Some people are shocked to see me. I have to be able to let all the comments roll off my back. I know very clearly what I want and how to work for it. Their comments are a reflection of their own issues and insecurities. I cannot let what people think and say affect me anymore. Even my husband said I should slow down and not work so hard (that's all tangled in his insecurity). I say ignore it, keep your eye on the prize and keep going..give no thought or power to the things people say.
Sassyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

Height: 5'4"

UGH, that's so annoying. The worst when the person who says it is actually obsessed with their own weight and you literally weigh 80lbs more than them - just shut up!! Don't try to be nice, if you can be crazy about your fitness, so can I! Let me admit that i'm fat and that I need to change and that I desire a different weight than what I am now. I don't need YOU to tell me I'm "OK", when a scale and a comparison between you and i would tell otherwise...

** above rant due to one of my coworkers saying just this...
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #38  

I've had people say it to me before and I always took it as a compliment.

If you know what your goal is then others' opinions shouldn't matter to you at all. I say - don't sweat the small stuff!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

This is why I don't tell any one. If they say something, just respond that you are just exercising more or you had a big previous meal. That's why I so like this to forum, I get the support here from those that understand. It's harder but I don't have the home support.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 210/T/150

Height: 5'9"

"But you look great! You'll be emaciated if you lose that much weight! You just need to work on your self esteem"
These are the majority of the comments I have gotten, some of them are meant with good intention, but I also think people have a hard time adjusting to the idea of you being different. People know me as a "voluptuous" girl, and they have a hard time thinking of me as a thin person. Too bad for them!
thisisart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I never mention my weightless efforts offline except to my best friend and boyfriend. But I've even stopped talking to them about it a lot. But I still get these comments all the time and they are very annoying and make me feel unattractive.
I think it stems from several reasons(as others have mentioned) including people not used to seeing you at a lower weight, people's own insecurities, and sociological changes on what is perceived as a normal weight. Lately I've been getting the "if you lose anymore weight you'll look sick!" comments and "you're so skinny! I hope you don't plan on losing anymore!" I just reply "Oh ok, yeah thanks" and brush it off or just smile and laugh and change the subject.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #42  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Haha! I wish people told me that. LOL. I SO obviously need to lose weight that people don't even say that to me as a white lie.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #43  

Default People are jealous of success

I've been in a similar position where people seem to be jealous of your success. They are being people, thinking of themselves and not of someone else's achievements. It's all about ego.
simalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:11 AM   #44  

Hi,

Mother knows best” like the saying goes. Moms always want their child to be the best and most beautiful that’s sometimes they push us a little harder if she see something needs to be corrected. I found one great fat burner for women only.
Jenn25 is offline   Reply With Quote