Im back...

• Oh boy!
    This forum was SO WONDERFUL for me when I started my weight loss journey.

Sad to say that this summer, I totally fell off the bandwagon!

DANG.. I am right back up to 183lbs. *sigh*

So, I am back for more.. this time I need to keep it off, clearly for my health. I just gained 24 pounds in two months... not okay.

Im ready to do this!
  • Good luck and welcome back.
  • The ebb and flow of life! It happens to the best of us. I can certainly relate.

What happened exactly?

I'm asking because if you look at the specific elements that went wrong you are less likely to have the same problems later (or at least you can figure out a better battle plan)

and

you can help us at the same time.

Regardless, welcome back!
  • Quote: The ebb and flow of life! It happens to the best of us. I can certainly relate.

What happened exactly?

I'm asking because if you look at the specific elements that went wrong you are less likely to have the same problems later (or at least you can figure out a better battle plan)

and

you can help us at the same time.

Regardless, welcome back!
    Unna,
    I just got busy and slowly stopped going to the gym, and then slowly started eating badly. It started with a vacation and ends with me not fitting into 70% of my clothes!

Hubby and I are back to hitting the gym tomorrow! (would be today, but am helping with a benefit for a family friend)
  • Welcome back! Okay, now you've got me curious...what are 'two a days'?
  • Yeah - being super busy and distracted makes concentration on any eating and exercise plan really hard.

I read one time that is actually the main reason most people don't maintain - they do well when they are focused on losing, but when they start concentrating on other things (which is often not a choice, for example, a divorce, a death in the family, moving) they gain the weight back.... but it literally happens when we aren't expecting it because we simply are too concerned with other things to think about our weight.

Anyway - cheers to getting back on the healthy/sporty wagon again.
  • Quote: Welcome back! Okay, now you've got me curious...what are 'two a days'?
    Thanks!
    Two a days are when you work out twice. When I lost all my weight, I went to the gym at 6:00am for an hour and then at 6:00pm for two hours.

Funny, it took me nearly a year to lose my weight and only two months to gain it all back, no fair.
  • OMG...I can't even muster up the energy to do 'one a days"!!! lol

I know what you mean about how quickly it comes back on. I had mentioned in another post recently that it took me 2 months to lose my last 10 pounds years ago and when I decided that I looked healthier 10 pounds heavier, it took me only 1 week to put it back on.
  • That is so funny Wendee, I actually googled "Two A Days" and it brought up some high school football reality show on MTV. I was wondering if you were from Alabama where it was filmed. Your explanation makes much more sense LOL
  • Holy Idaho! ME TOO! Just posted my "I'm Back" post. I've got to do this. My health depends on it.

GOOD LUCK!
  • Quote: Thanks!
    Two a days are when you work out twice. When I lost all my weight, I went to the gym at 6:00am for an hour and then at 6:00pm for two hours.

Funny, it took me nearly a year to lose my weight and only two months to gain it all back, no fair.
    With respect, you might want to consider a more sustainable plan.

To put it another way - see my signature.
  • Hi WendeeLou,
    I remember you from the boards this past summer. Welcome back! Good luck girl!!
    Rhonda