Let there be light!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • A little NSV to share (that's Non Scale Victory for those who may not know). Do you remember the days back when your thighs didn't rub together? Do you remember, if you stood with your feet together and looked at yourself in the mirror, you could see light between your thighs? It's been so long for me!

Well, the other day, I pulled out my jeans since it's finally cooling off enough. I couldn't believe it, but I could see that little bit of light when I looked at my reflection in the mirror. It's a very small space, since i have a long ways to go, but it's there!

To me, this is a milestone! It's not even something I considered as being significant until I saw it after so many years!
  • That's so exciting! Congratulations!
  • That is awesome!!! Way to go!
  • hoorah!!
  • Hips, hips away! ←pun intended

It's those little things that matter. I can't wait for that to happen to me so that all my sweat pants don't get pills on the inner thighs from rubbing together.
  • HOORAY!!! Good for you!!!!

As a fellow thigh rubber, I can certainly share your excitement. In fact, I don't even remember a time ever in my adult life (even when I was once down to only 20 pounds over my ideal) that my thighs DIDN"T rub together... I can't imagine the happy dance I'll perform when that happens!! It'll be long for me I think, as I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs - not much tummy to speak of. It has it's merits, but geez it's hard on the pants. I can't tell you how many pairs I've worn through the thighs long before the rest of them were worn out...

Anyhoo, long winded but... YAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Now thats great news!!
  • Honestly, that is the best thing I've heard all day.....so many congrats to you!
  • I so know what you mean...congrats!
  • Awesome!!!
  • Love visible progess! Congratulations!!!
  • Celebrate on Girl!
    I think setting small goals is what keeps us from being overwhelmed
  • Quote: Do you remember the days back when your thighs didn't rub together? Do you remember, if you stood with your feet together and looked at yourself in the mirror, you could see light between your thighs?
    Never, even when I was twenty years old and weighed 100 pounds, did I see light between my thighs. My large frame, body structure (close-set femurs) and muscular physique ALWAYS had me with big thighs touching in the middle, even with a very low BMI.

But I am so glad that you have achieved this NSV, because honestly how you LOOK matters so much more than how much you weigh. And this is a BIGGIE.

• You know, I was just going to post this same NSV. I am wearing cords - first time in eons and my thighs don't rub. I've noticed some 'light' as you put it for awhile, but it's the first time it really stood out as there was no sh-sh-sh sound as I walked... And yes, it's a great feeling!
  • Quote: You know, I was just going to post this same NSV. I am wearing cords - first time in eons and my thighs don't rub. I've noticed some 'light' as you put it for awhile, but it's the first time it really stood out as there was no sh-sh-sh sound as I walked... And yes, it's a great feeling!
    LOVE it!!