Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

22kcal in 100ml in the pack I bought... Not bad really, But I used 800ml for the soup. The rice and chicken were the real diet breakers, it was almost 9.5oz of chicken and 6.7 of rice. The sesame seeds are quite caloric... I also added a bouillon cube: that's not a shooting star, it's my sodium intake soaring in the sky! Anyway, if next time I stay clear of the rice and add less chicken then it won't be so bad, I'll just add more potherb mustard, LOL. I'll be steering clear of that stuff until my next mini goal!

By the way, I discovered a new low calorie Japanese thingy that is popular with the ladies on a diet here (that's 99% of the population):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congee

I've bought two packs but have yet to try them, some colleagues at work recommended it. Let's see what it's like...
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #17  
~`Muse`~

S/C/G: 223/221.8/150

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone,

Can I join in as well? It's my first week of my lifestyle change..and I am already feeling unmotivated! That's my biggest problem.. having trouble getting myself into gear and staying there. I am drinking my first big glass of water and getting ready to get dressed, so I can go out and walk. The route that we mapped around the neighborhood is exactly 1 mile. I want to walk it at least once every day this week and then try to add a second time around next week. We'll see..

Anyways.. good luck ladies!

Muse
DisruptedMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #18  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Mamakat - You have got me cracking up way too early in the morning! LOL! You have a son that's ADHD... here's a picture for you.... My poor DH has me, and my oldest daughter with it..and when my parents stay for up to 6 wks at a time, my father as well has it... and yet, my DH tries to not ruin his sobriety, LOL! Strong man They have learned to just let me spew and do what I have to in order to keep my neurisis in check - and sometimes that means I feel I have to do everything.

Looks everyone is raring to go for the week Super yay!!!!

Muse - Find your inspiration, the reason you started to begin with...focus on that and it may help keep the butt in gear There are no excuses, only bigger sized pants, Oh! Speaking of which, something that helped for me when I was in a slump - I put a pair of pants that were a size too small on my wall in front of my elliptical. I felt like stopping, I would look up and be all like "oh heck no... I'm not stopping, I am getting IN those pants" Maybe something like that would help?
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

I have to start out by celebrating! I'm down another pound...which may not sound like a lot, but when I consider the choices I made in the face of "adversity", I made the right ones and it paid off!!!!!!! On Saturday we drove to some friends house 4 hours away. We had to stop for lunch...not many choices, finally settled on a pizza & deli place. I had a romaine salad w/chicken. Got to friends place, went to dinner at local tavern. I had a garden salad w/chicken while everyone else had nachos, burgers & fries, etc (I did eat 3 of DH's fries, but that was enough). However, the worst was yet to come...I watched the hostess prepare breakfast for the next day...an egg, cheese, cream, sausage AND bacon casserole, and then she proceeded to say she'd cook more sausage and bacon in the morning to go with it. Next day I had a small square of the eggs (picking out the larger pieces of sausage), one piece of bacon, and one biscuit with honey. I ate a very small lunch and dinner with little snacking...and it worked! I'm very happy!

Muse: Welcome!

Nevaeh: Soup looks great! With a few adjustments, you should be able to fit it into your daily plan. Hope you're feeling better!

Berry: Your date & dinner sound divine! Special meals like that are worth the calorie intake. Glad you enjoyed it and perhaps haven't suffered too much setback from it!

K9: Sugar is my downfall too! Good job acknowledging it and stay strong in avoiding it!

KaylaC: Congrats on the loss...your first goal is within reach...keep it up!

Ashkunc: Welcome to the boards!

Star: While I'm not the only breadwinner, I am pretty much the sole housecleaner and yes, it totally sucks! But hooray for you and taking time to walk and stretch! I need to emmulate you...

Shrinking: Mmmm...cheesecake! Don't lose focus if you do plateau...you're getting close to goal, so slower loss is expected!

Diana: Good Morning! Time change had me up early too. Hope it's a great day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #20  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Moondance awesome job on the pound...don't sell it short...you did great. And yay, you for making wise choices, those are very hard and should be celebrated. Good job.

disrupted motivation is hard, but you've got to remember you are worth it. Take baby steps and as you reach mini goals you will feel much more accomplished and before you know it habits will be breaking and forming and you will be losing. Start with the water and the walk. Come here often, it helps. BTW you can do this!

I was SHOCKED I forgot to say have a wonderful and healthy day. SOOOOO,

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies,

This week I really want to join in your thread. Next week I am going on vacation in the middle of the week and I don't want to fall off the wagon before then.

I sort of feel like I fell off the wagon last week, I ate a little more than usual (but not too much more) and yesterday was my birthday. No cake or anything but we had delicious pizza (and salad and soup) from my favorite place. I didn't have dinner though. It was more of a birthday lunch/dinner since we ate at 3PM. I had a nice day but I guess I feel a little guilty.

Today I woke up at 5:40AM! (I did go to bed at 9PM)

Breakfast:

6 oz cup plain fat free yogurt
1 serving Weetabix cereal
1 medium banana

Total: 300 cals

I may or may not exercise today, I have a 2nd interview this afternoon and I have a project to finish up (that also hinges of me getting this other job offer). I also ran a 10K yesterday so I think today should be a rest day.

Ahh, I am anxious today. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day.
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #22  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Moondance - Congrats on the pound! There are lots of us struggling to get a full pound down, so it's a huge deal to us Great choices paid off for you I am so happy for you
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #23  

Hey everyone, I am still around, just the same old same old for me. Scale keeps creeping ever so slowly down towards my low and is now 177.2. My TOM gain is hanging on for dear life.
Haven't had much of an appetite this weekend which is crazy-strange for me. I also have no creativity towards meal planning/cooking this weekend/week. I guess it is just not a "food" kind of week for me. I really need some groceries, so I am hoping some inspiration finds me soon.
Got my walk in today and will probably be pretty busy the rest of the day playing catch up from the weekend, so that will be it for formal exercise.
Hope you all have a great, on plan day, and welcome to all the newcomers!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #24  
~`Muse`~

S/C/G: 223/221.8/150

Height: 5'4

Star - What a good idea! And thank you for the welcome! I just got back in from my walk.. It's only 30 minutes but the neighborhood has some KILLER hills so I am hoping that will eventually pay off. I'm getting ready to hit up Walmart and hopefully find a yoga video to help stretch out those ridiculously sore muscles I am bound to get.

Solar - I feel you on feeling guilty, I feel guilty too often! But running a 10K is big! And massive amounts of good luck on your 2nd interview!

Moon - Congrats on the pound! A pound is a pound..is a pound less in your case!

MamaKat- Thank you for the warm welcome. I think I read somewhere that it takes doing something 12 times in a row to form a habit..or to make it "stick".. I wonder if that's true or if I somehow dreamed that up... lol!

Jomatho - Thanks for the welcome and congrats on creeping down! I am in the same boat on appetite and needing groceries, but my shopping day will be on Wednesday so I am hoping to have some meals planned by then. Fingers are otherwise crossed.

I am also starting my metformin today for PCOS/Insulin Resistance so I am hoping that helps, as opposed to hurting. I tried taking it a couple times before and it makes me violently ill. A state I stay in for the duration of the time I am taking the pills. But it also completely kills my appetite, which I need... because I also started a new birthcontrol. Whew!

Good luck ladies! I hope everyone stays on track today! I feel so much more positive now that I've actually gotten my walk in..

Muse
DisruptedMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #25  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Thank you everyone for the congrats on another pound

Breakfast:
Cinnamon oatmeal

Lunch:
Chicken on a bed of rice

Dinner:
Maybe same as lunch? Not sure yet

So there were two earthquakes on Saturday in Oklahoma and I actually felt them. I live in southeast Kansas and we shook here. It's so weird. They were the first I've ever felt. The shakes weren't very big, but still, I'm used to tornadoes so it was interesting to experience something else.

nevaeh1984 - Let us know how the congee is!

DisruptedMuse - welcome!!

Moondance - congrats on the pound

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 11-07-2011 at 11:59 AM.
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #26  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

*sings* GUESS WHO'S BACK?!?! BACK IN TOWN!

Hey Chickies!

Long time no see! But I am back (and MARRIED!!!!) and ready to get back on that weight loss wagon. Been totally off plan since July, sooooo busy!!!! But things have started to settle down so now is THE time to start over again!

And Monday seems like a good day to start eh

Last edited by L R K; 11-07-2011 at 02:36 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #27  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Monday 11/7/2011

B: 1 Weight Watchers whole wheat bun with natural PB & No-Sugar Blueberry Jam + 1 choc.soy pudding + 1 peach

L: Homemade Pasta - whole wheat pasta, artichokes, sundried tomatoes, capers, onions & some vegan mozzarella

S: An apple if I am hungry

D - 1/2 cup brown rice with lot's of green veggies (bok choy & broccoli) and a few slices of lightly pan-fried tofu + homemade light soy-sauce based sauce

Drinking: 2L water + morning coffee

Exercise: 2 mile walk with the dog
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #28  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Lauren Welcome Back and congratulations. May you have a life time of happiness together
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #29  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

I just realized I'm no longer obese! At 166 lbs. and 5'2" I was 30.4 on the BMI scale. I am now at 29.1 BMI. I'm just overweight now. Only 23 more lbs. until I am no longer overweight. I CAN do this.
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #30  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome back Lauren! And pics????
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote