Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 02:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Smile The Jewels Within

THE JEWELS WITHIN

"There are jewels inside of you that if strung together would dazzle the world."
Linda Knight

Hello everyone. Here we are in our new thread. For anyone who is new to us we used to be in the Buddy Up Forum where I started the thread by telling my story. Since then everything has evolved. So we moved here. If you want to find out more about any of us just go to that forum and look to a post I started.

So here is the format to make it clear to all, especially newcomers. We post weekly challenges which are goals we set for ourselves. We run the challenge from Saturday to Friday. On Friday everyone PM me with their results and next weeks goal. I will post them in a list for all to see.
For those who meet their goals we send an ecard shower.

For those who don't meet their goals they will be dealt with accordingly. Actually if you don't meet your goal you are just subject to our advice, sympathy, and encouragement.

So that's the story. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me for answers. All are welcome here. We love for people to join in and challenge themselves.
We are going to do it ladies. Let's not get discouraged. Keep our heads up and our hearts strong. We're doing this for ourselves and our love of our families. Best to all of you and hope you make your weightloss goals a reality.

Amanda
Old 02-08-2003, 10:36 PM   #2  

Nice to see you ladies over here! Hope everyone is having a good weekend! It has been crazy here but I am keeping up with exercise and drinking water!

This week will be challenge to get my exercise in. Construction men seem to come earlier and earlier. They caught me one morning exercising. I think they thought I was Nuts! LOL. I know the guy in the basement thought it was going to cave in on him! But I don't care what they think! I am doing it for me. I read that early mornings before you eat is the best time to exercise and don't eat until an hour after. At least that was what the BFL book said. I don't know if that is only for that type of exericse!

I did find out this week that the university I graduated from will let you use the facilities for free. Now its just finding the time to get over there! Dh and I schedules don't mesh! I am shooting for April when we quit the paper. I could get up and go before he has to be to work! So I will think about that as a long range goal.

What kind of exercises is everyone doing? I need some challenge! I just bought two new tapes on ebay so I will let you know how they go. One is the body flex. I read about it on here. I think if I am reading correctly it is some kind of breathing technique that burns fat! The ladies say it works! The other one is a Kathy smith tape with 20 minute work outs. That is something else I read that 20 minutes is enough. Its how you do the 20 minutes. Something about peaks and valleys. So anyway this is what the tape claims to be about. \

Okay long post but I just wanted to bounce some of these things I have heard lately off you guys and see what you think? I can sometimes be a sucker! LOL!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Beth
Old 02-09-2003, 02:36 AM   #3  

Wink CHALLENGES for February 8-14

Ok-Here's this week challenges

Beth-Keep up with exercise and H2O and also try to be more active at other times.
Kim-Drink 100oz of water, and do WATP video everyday.
Andrea(Roundybean)-Drink enough H2O.
Angel-Lose 2lbs.? (I think)
Myself-Drink 80oz. water each day and try to eat reasonable meals.

I didn't hear from Trawil or Angel. (I'm guessing on hers.)

Congratulations Beth for meeting last weeks challenge. What an accomplishment especially considering the week you had. Ladies don't forget to shower her with ecards at [email protected]

I also want everyone to know that I'll probably be out of touch most of this week. I don't usually work, but I'm working at a florist W, Th, and F for Valentine's day. I'm sure I'll be really tired. I've done this in years past and you can only imagine how crazy it gets. Men out the door and around the corner all wanting the same thing that you are likely sold out of. (Yep, that's why he comes home with something besides roses ladies, being a guy he forgot until last minute. ) So don't expect to see much of me until next weekend.

I hope to hear tons of success stories next week ladies. Make yourself and me proud. Have a great week, I love all of you.

Amanda
Old 02-09-2003, 08:35 PM   #4  
Work in progress

Hi Ladies

I'm here and ready to finally get in gear with these challenges. I have stayed OP for 3 days now. That is 100 oz if water a day (my eyeballs are floating I swear!) and 2 miles of Walk away the Pounds for the past 2 days. I am doing 2 1 mile jaunts in the day 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. Food has been very good I'll start posting that as part of my next challenge. I am going to start going to CalorieKing.com more often and get my weekly menu and follow it. I really like the convenience of the Lean Cuisine meals and usually stock up on them for the lunchtime meal. My favorite so far is the Steak Teriyaki bowl...yummy!!!

Valentine's Day here will be just a usual day I'm afraid. DH has to work most of the afternoon and night and we're planning on doing some stuff on Monday instead...defeats the purpose I'm sure but it really works for us. I'm being so romantic that I'm getting him a foot massager and a cell phone! lol It's all about practicality in these early just getting situated years....

Hey Beth! Great job on kicking butt at these challenges. I love your attitude about working out while those construction men are about in your house. I see on those informercials about "Summer Body" or something to that effect. I am considering doing it...it gives you a 90 plan that's supposed to be set out day by day for you. Even I can't do wrong with that lol. Good news about the gym at the university...we're going to get a membership next month for $25 a month, pretty good for a weight room, and pool for me and basketball court for DH.

Keep on track during those busy days Angela! I'm sure you'll be building up some good muscle during those busy days. I bet the last thing you want to see for Valentine's Day is flowers.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend and are doing good OP and keeping their goals in mind.

Take care!

Kim
Old 02-10-2003, 03:24 PM   #5  

Angry Hello!

Howdy everyone! I am really sorry I haven't posted...I am glad I found you guys! I enjoyed reading all the posts to catch up! Everyone, keep up the good work! I am so proud of you all. The biggest thing is having the committment to do well. We all fall off the wagon at one point or another.

I have been pretty busy! That is why I haven't posted. Today is my first day back to work from maternity leave...last week I spent my time getting the house in order, spending time with the little one, teaching evening classes, it goes on and on. I did alright eating wise...exercise seems to be my biggest challenge. I did one day of my WATP DVD...EEK! I wish I could have done more. So I flunked the challenge again. That is alright though...will try again this week!

My goal for this week is drinking water and WATP everyday (started Saturday and have been on track!) Also, I want to limit my intake of Snack food!

Gotta go for now but will continue later!

TRA
Old 02-10-2003, 10:55 PM   #6  
Work in progress

Smile

Hi Ladies!

Today I met my goal challenges and am getting into the groove. Usually I start to get overly confident and then lose all control and fall off the wagon...I'm hoping that these small changes over time will last a lifetime and I won't take back all my positive progress.

Today I watched Oprah and they had amazing weight loss stories. It really was inspiring...because they all lost a large amount of weight and they looked so much happier and confident. That's when I decided and let my husband in on it that when I lose my 180-200 lbs that we are going to take a cruise to Hawaii or someplace exotic/tropical to celebrate. That's worth working extra hard for. A lot of the people on the show said that all it took was watching what you eat carefully and going to the gym religiously. When David asked me what I wanted for Valentine's day I said for a membership to the gym, that's the best gift ever.

Hi TRA you are amazingly busy! Don't forget to take time for yourself cause you are so very worth it. WATP dvd's are pretty good, I have to invest in some of the weighted balls that go with it because the dumbells are so awkward for me.

I hope everyone else is getting and being good to themselves!!! How are you all doing this week? Here's a question... what do you snack on when you have a craving? What do you recommend for early evening snack attacks?

Kim
Old 02-11-2003, 03:30 PM   #7  

Hello all!

I taped Oprah last night at work so I can't wait to watch it today! I hope it had lots of good tips! I would love to do an Oprah makeover show when we all make our goal! Seriously we could tell how we all met on 3Fatchicks. I think it would make a great story! They would probably even pay to fly you all here!

Kim and Tra I am so glad to here other people love WATP! I am doing the 2 mile everyday now and sometimes I do it again at work or I do the one mile. There is a client of mine I am trying to help out! All the better for me! I have been doing it for about a month and my husband said today he sees results! I was so happy! He laughed at me because he said it seemed like I was really putting my all into to it after he said that. So keep it up and you will see results!

I had my first "Are you losing weight question yesterday!" And this was from people who count because they didn't know I was trying! I would really like to win best loser this week at my TOPS group. I have to say competition really gets my blood boiling! I know I know its bad! But there is this one lady that just wins every week! Come on now when is it my turn! LOL!

How are you doing Angel? I hope they are not working you to hard Amanda! Jacks Lady where have you been? You were so funny and give the best advice! I know I probably left someone out! I hope not but I hope you all continue to do well this week! I must run for now!

Beth
Old 02-13-2003, 12:59 AM   #8  
Work in progress

Exclamation Where has everyone gone????

Hello Ladies!!

I hope everyone is doing ok...it's gotten so quiet on this thread. I guess Life is calling and you are all off enjoying it. After some snooping and reading and trying to find some snack ideas I found some...

25 SNACKS AND SWEETS - under 100 calories

1 1/3 cup strawberries
1 large dill pickle
50 mini pretzels
1 banana
15 almonds
1 hardboiled egg
2 cups cantoloupe chunks
25 carrot sticks
4 celery sticks w/ light cream cheese
1 cup minestrone soup
1 cup cherry tomatoes w/ 1 tbsp light dressing
1/2 English muffin w/ 1 tsp peanut butter
4 dried dates
1 frozen juice bar
1/2 apple, w/ caramel sauce
4 cups light microwave popcorn
1 medium ear corn on the cob dusted w/ vegetable seasoning
1 small baked potato with salsa
1 1/2 cups watermelon chunks
2 medium kiwi fruits
1 large apple
20 peanuts
8 baked tortilla chips with 3 tbsp salsa
2 cups vegetable juice
1 1/2 cups fresh cherries

Happy Snacking!!!

I have had a half goal day.. I did not exercise but I did get in my water.

Beth - Congrats on your progress!!!! I hope you get to be the top loser at TOPS (no where else in the world would anyone every want to be called that )

Keep strong and working towards your goals.

Last edited by KimPet; 02-13-2003 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:53 AM   #9  

Hi,

Kim, when everyone else is eating potato chips, I also eat potato chips, but I eat the Wow Chips or the FF Pringles. I count out my portion and I feel very satisfied. I don't feel deprived. You can have 15 of the ff Pringles. It's a nice size stack. Only 70 cal and no fat. I also like the Quakers Sour Cream and Onion Rice Cakes. My water drinking isn't going so good. I'm still drinking a lot of diet coke. I did lose another 3.4 lbs for a total of 15.2. I'm excited about that. I still haven't had any comments about weight loss yet. I guess it will take more than 15 lbs to show. But my clothes are getting big. I have to wear uniforms to work and they are getting baggy. My goal this week is to lose 2 lbs and to drink 6 glasses of water a day. LOL to all and keep up the good work. I know we have our bad times but we also have good days too. At least we are trying and not just burying our heads about it. I've done enough of that in my life.

Andrea
Old 02-13-2003, 10:29 AM   #10  

Talking Keep it up!

Wow! You guys are doing great! Keep it up! I can see the pounds melting away from here!

It sure has been a busy week for me...I bet it is busy for everyone! Valentine's Day is tomorrow...EEK! Anyone doing anything special? I doubt if we are...my hubby works third shift so I doubt he will be too energetic to go out. Who knows he might surprise me!

My goal for next week is to cut out pop all together. I am getting pretty use to the water thing. I am also walking! I would like to increase my miles to two! We'll see.

Thanks for the snack list! It was great. It is all about making the right choices, isn't it? It is so hard sometimes though!

Take care! Keep up the good Work!

TRA
Old 02-13-2003, 11:35 AM   #11  

Morning Ladies!

Well I was not top loser this week! The lose lost a 1.5 so that probably tells you how everyone did! I don't know what happened to me. For one thing my goal this week is to not weigh other then at my TOPS group on Thurs. I thought I had lost a lot more then that and it was kind of disappointing. I guess it could be muscle? Wishful thinking. I really thougt I was going to have a blow out week! Oh well.

I have been keeping up my two miles. I am waiting for some new tapes to come in the mail. I will let you know how they are. One thread you ladies might like to check out is about the best fat free and diet products. A lady named Aphil started it. I think it is under food? Anyway it gave some good advice about salad dressings, cheese ect... I know I was looking for some info on cheese. The taste of ff is not bad in a salad but don't try to melt it!

Well I am keeping this short today. I am rather tired and I am trying to stay off the computer more! Ha!

Angel I hope you are doing well! I know you wil have good news this weekend Amanda!

Beth
Old 02-13-2003, 01:07 PM   #12  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Hello Everyone!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.

I didn't meet my goals at all this week. I just can't seem to get back into the grove. Thats probably why I haven't posted in a while. I'm ashamed to say that I've failed for two weeks now to reach any of my goals, or to even try to reach my goals. Hopefully everything will get better this week.

I've been dealing with my husbands paychecks bouncing for the past two weeks, after the first one his employer promised us that it wouldn't happen again but it did. So now we are concerned about whats going to happen next week. My husband is looking for another job, because we can't live like this. Waiting to see if the his paychecks will be good or not.

To top that off I rear-ended someone on Tuesday morning while I was taking my daughter to school. No one was hurt, I'm happy about that, but my car did suffer some damage to the bumper. Fortunately the other ladies car didn't get damaged at all so we just exchange numbers and went on about our business. I would have gotten a ticket otherwise plus the insurance hassle. Anyway I'm thankful it turned out the way it did.

I'm going to be hosting the Valentines Day party at my daughters school tomorrow, thats about the only plans I have for Valentines Day. It can be a real hassle sometimes being Homeroom Hero, but I really wanted to do it this year for my daughter. The Kindergarten class is a great bunch of kids.

Anyway thats about all thats going on right now. I'm going to try again this week to get back on track with my diet, I'm not sure yet what I want my goal to be other than just starting again.

Sounds like everyone is doing great with their goals. Keep it up!! Your all great!!

Hopefully I'll get to post more often this week.

Angel
Goal Weight: 130
Current Weight: 202
Starting Weight: 211

9lbs GONE!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 03:25 AM   #13  

Hi Ladies-Just a brief post to let you know I lived through the Valentine's experience. Sorry I've been away all week. Hope you all had a fantastic Valentine's Day. I'll post all last weeks challenge results tomorrow. Don't expect much out of me until the afternoon my time. I'm sleeping in!!! That's all for for now. You will all be hearing from me again soon.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:06 PM   #14  

Hello everyone
Here are the results you were waiting for:
Unfortunately no one PM me to tell me they had met their goals. I'm assuming that no one did. If you met yours PM me and I'll post a new entry to that effect.

Here are this week's goals (If you didn't PM me with your goal I culled it from your posts)
For the week February 15-21
Kim-Drink 100oz. of water daily and do WATP five times.
Andrea-Lose 2lbs and drink 6 glasses of water a day.
Tra-Drink water and do WATP everday.
Beth-Not to weigh in before TOPS meetings.
Angel-Get back on track.
Me-I want to try a walking program I found in Family Circle this month.

Everyone's challenge-A new feature
This was suggested by Kim and I'm going to try it for a couple of weeks to see how it goes.

For everyone's challenge this week I think we should make a stress plan. We have all fallen off the wagon lately as stress barraged us. I think if we each make an individualized plan for what we are going to do the next time stress tries to take over our lives we'll be better equipt to face it and come out the other side victorious. So think about it this week and come up with a plan of how you will respond next time. Post yours with the other goals of the week.

Well ladies, I think that is all this week. I'll be more present this week than I was last. Let's get going and keep up that motivation. Love you all.

Amanda
Old 02-16-2003, 02:12 PM   #15  

Hello all!
I have not had anything great to post lately so I guess I am have just been on the lay low. Not really fallen off the diet wagon but just had a rather bad weekend! Dh and I valentined plans fell through. We were supposed to have our friends babysit for us after we babysit for them on Fri. Anyway to make a long story short. They brought one of their kids sick and he had a real high temp by the time they returned. Of course he had slept the whole time at my house so I wouldn't have known it. So we canceled our plans the next day so our kids would not be anymore exposed. My friend had the nerve to act as though she was angry with me! I think she needs to look at herself! Who leaves a sick kid anyway! Okay I vented enough about this but my dh was getting tired of hearing it! LOL!

I really need to think about this stress plan idea. Its a good one. I seem to have stress often in my life! I think its just the age and where I am at with kids, job ect... 2 year olds can create a whole new meaning to the word stress!

I really hope that everyone else had a better weekend! I am going to see The Hours tonight so maybe things will start looking up!

Beth
Closed Thread