Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 07:02 AM   #31  

Michele, I wish you all the best in your road to health and recovery and I think I speak for everyone when I say we are all here to support you and encourage you in everyway.

Be well,
Poppy
Old 02-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #32  

Michelle,
I am sorry to hear that you are going through this! I will keep you in my prayers. Post often and let us know how you are doing! Where is everyone???

Beth
Old 02-22-2003, 03:02 PM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

Wink Challenges

Attention

I checked in today and I have only one PM from Michele with her goals. I can't post the goals or the results of last weeks goals if you don't PM me with them. I'm going to extend the time to turn the goals in to Sunday at noon MST. I'm very busy M,T, and W so if you don't get your goals to me by Sunday I won't have time to post them. (I attend college M & W and T I work on homework.) So if you want to participate in challenges please try to adhere to this schedule for me. Thanks so much ladies. I really appreciate it.

That's all for right now. I will post results and next weeks goals tomorrow. Thanks again ladies. Hope you're having a fantastic weekend.

Amanda
Old 02-23-2003, 08:20 PM   #34  

Unhappy

Ladies I'm dissappointed. It seems like we've lost a lot of you. Please check in and say "hi" at least. Meanwhile, I will post the results of our challenges tonight. I need to compile the results from the three people who responded. I think the rest of us should email everyone we've lost, so I will post all the emails when I post the challenges. I guess I'll see you later.

Amanda
Old 02-24-2003, 02:27 PM   #35  

Hello All!
I hope you all come back soon to let us know how you are! I have been doing okay hanging in there. Exericise has been good. We will say what the scale says this week about my food!

I have just been a little down today not sure why. Except it was my day to get up at 5:00 and do the newspaper. That usually puts me in a rotten mood. But dh and I are quitting in a couple of weeks. I think that is my problem mentally I have already quit! The weather here is really cold and yucky to. We just don't get snow though that they don't make us go to work!!LOL!

Well I hope the rest of you come back. I will post again tommorrow!

Beth
Old 02-24-2003, 05:14 PM   #36  

I had such a good supper tonight and I'm so excited to tell you all about it! I had brown rice with stir fry. It included carrots, broccoli, red cabbage, mushrooms, white onion, pinapple, two kinds of tofu, tomato, and fresh cilantro and I cooked it in salsa. I was also at the gym today for 1 hours with my friends: 20 minutes walking/running, 10 minutes on the bike, 5 on the rower, 5 on the stairmaster, 5 minutes on the crazy thigh weight machine, and then stretching. It was really great! I find the hardest thing is to actually physically get yourself up and off. Once I'm there, I feel great, but it's the getting there that is hard.

Beth, I really sympathize with having down days. There are times when I have them for seemingly no reason at all. I think every now and then we just have to take time out from everything and spend some time resting and taking a break. I hope you feel a bit better tomorrow.

Poppy
Old 02-25-2003, 01:04 PM   #37  

Talking It ME! TRAWILL...

Myrtle, Trawill...It's all the same! Sorry everyone! I logged in many moons ago on my computer at work as Myrtle and when I restarted 3FatChicks I logged on as a new name...well here I am at work and it won't let me log out, change names, etc. I have been trying for about 40 minutes! OH WELL! So if it is all the same to you...I feel like a Myrtle today anyway!

I wish I was at Myrtle Beach...hence the name...I am so sick of winter and the snow. It has really gotten me down, that is why I haven't posted lately. I know I need to get out of the dumps! It is just so hard!

It is nice to see so many new people...welcome and I am glad you're here with us! The more the merrier!

I have been doing rotten...not keeping up very well. I rejoined weight watchers (going to meetings) last week. I had been doing the online thing, but I wasn't staying motivated. I need people for that. So, on Thursday of last week I trudged in the snow and ice to a meeting. I am glad I went but not so glad at the weight. I have been doing alright with watching what I eat...and I will weigh in again on Thursday of this week. EEK! I know I can do better!

My hubby and I ordered an exercise DVD...he promised he would do it with me and keep me motivated. It is still in the wrapper. Maybe tonight I can get him to work out with me. I hate to exercise! I would love to able to get out and walk...too much snow and Ice! There is no where to walk!

Anyway...hopefully things will get better soon. Complain, complain, complain...sorry!

I need some motivation, but coming back here has made me feel better already!

I will get through the day eating within my points limit!
I will exercise this evening!
I will not complain anymore today!
I am going to lose a little weight this week!
Things are going to get better!

Well, everyone, take care and hope to hear from you soon!

Myrtle/Tra
Old 02-25-2003, 02:54 PM   #38  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default feeling a little better

Hello everyone,

Myrtle, welcome back from a new person but it's good to see someone come back. And don't worry about the complaining, sometimes you have to get that off your chest and then like you had at the end of your post, you resolved not to complain anymore for the day.......good luck to you!

I started to feel a little better after taking a combination of Tylenol Sinus and ibuprofen (which my nurse advised me to do), so i was able to sleep some yesterday afternoon and woke up without the achiness and chills. Even felt good enough to get in the shower. I was able to get to school today although my incision is hurting, red and bleeding a little. I get the stitches out tomorrow.

I'm going to some people from Church's house this afternoon for prayer. Very touching that they want to pray over me.....

Did I miss our goals for the week? I know mine so I'll concentrate on that. I didn't make my goal last week. couldn't stay away from the sugar.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:09 AM   #39  

Hi everyone!
I went swimming yesterday! Hurray! Unfortunately, I also ate several cupcakes (but I made them according to the "lite" recipe, does that count?) For some reason, every night I want to snack, snack,snack, no matter how good I eat in the day. Naturally, life is hectic now, so it doesn't seem like I can get the time to prepare the healthy snacks - a really lame excuse, I know. However, I am hoping to go swimming again tonight, so I hope that will get me back on track.

How is everyone else doing?
Poppy
Old 02-27-2003, 12:03 PM   #40  

Hello All!
Glad to see you back Trawill or Myrtle. Well I have good news to report I lost 2.75 pounds this week and I finally won best loser of the week! I guess I shouldn't be to excited because the rest of my club had a really hard week. I also was the best loser of the month and won a fruit basket. If you girls can join TOPS you should. The ladies in my group are really nice and I think the being accountable to others really helps. I have to admit the competition helps me to! LOL! I could have the money pot this month if I had been in it! So I for sure signed up for this next month!

How is everyone else doing? I probably won't be on much this weekend. My family is coming to visit. I have to babysit and clean house tommorrow! So I will pm you today Amanda!

Good Luck everyone! Have a nice weekend!

Beth
Old 02-27-2003, 12:12 PM   #41  

Talking

My husband got home on Friday morning! Sorry that I haven't posted since my first post - but I have to say I have been very busy making up for lost time..

BUT - My hubby was amazed at my three week "transformation" and has been so supportive of my dieting aka lifestyle change... and has even taken the kids and kept them busy while I work out. I haven't stepped on the scale but know I am still losing because my clothes are continuing to get baggier.

I have to admit it has been tougher to stay on track with what I am eating now that he is home because he still eats the same food he has always eaten.. I get the urge to nibble and bite at times but have been really good by not doing so ... so far anyway!

Sorry this is so short - but I am at work and don't want to take too long with it. I will try to post again this evening when I get home.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Tootles -
Bobbie Lynne
Old 02-28-2003, 12:14 AM   #42  

Default Here are last weeks results

Sorry Ladies- I've just had one of those weeks. I've had an overwhelming amount of homework. Mid-term is nearly here. I have two mid-terms next week. Then today I was going to school to take a make-up quiz when our fuel pump went out on the car. It was pretty important that I get to class tonight...
Anyway here are the results of last weeks challenge-
No one met their goals

This week we have three challengers:
Michele-80oz of water a day, 30 min. exercise Tues and Thurs
Poppy-Go swimming 3x, yoga on Weds and start walking/running at the track.
Beth-Add toning exercises.
I didn't set one this week. It's too late to post a group goal, so we'll give it all a fresh start next week.
For anyone we don't hear from this week I will post email addresses so we can contact them.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well- welcome back Bobbie Lynne and Trawill or Myrtle.

See you all again soon.

Amanda

Last edited by PheonixRising; 02-28-2003 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:57 AM   #43  

GRRR - I ate a lot of chocolate ice cream yesteday and I want to eat more for breakfast! I am having one of thoese weeks where one part of life is going fantastic, where another is in the pits - and I want to eat to both celebrate and comfort myself! Anyhow, I'm going to try to swim today.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:55 AM   #44  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Smile Good News!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know I heard from the DR.'s nurse this a.m. and the test results are all GOOD! No bad cells in any of the tissue, still waiting on the one on my foot, should know next week. But I am thrilled to know that hopefully this is all over! Thank you to all of you for your good thoughts and vibes and prayers! How happy am I!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 05:35 PM   #45  

Arrow I'm feeling Better Now

Hello Ladies.
I'm feeling more motivated now. I just ordered a scale and Walk Away the Pounds video tapes. Since everyone keeps talking about it I thought I would try it.

Congratulations Michele, that is fantastic news.

I'll be more present this week ladies. I promise you. Just a brief post to let you all know I'm not going to bail out on you. Sorry about last week.

Amanda
Closed Thread