Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #1  
Starting Over!

S/C/G: 138/134/123

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default I am back (with new name)!

Hey everyone!

So, I'm back on 3FC (under a new name), full of shame because I completely backslid from all the progress I made in the spring.

From last November - May I went from 138lbs to 123lbs, got my stress/binge eating under control, worked out and for the first time in my life was able to run 5 miles flat.

In May I graduated from law school, and so lost my free gym privileges. Didn't run outside because it was 100 degrees. I went to Italy for 3 weeks and gained 5lbs eating pasta and gelato (I did have an amazing time though). With the stress of studying for the bar exam, moving to a new city and having my 4.5 year relationship suddenly become long-distance, I'm almost back to where I started - 134lbs! I'm back to eating sweets when I'm upset or stressed. I am so frustrated and disappointed with myself.

I'm back on the forums hoping to find the same support I enjoyed in the Spring, this time I won't leave simply because I saw the number I wanted on the scale! I think I need this forum to be a part of my LIFEstyle change. :-)

So, I'm here and shouting out my goals - back to 123lbs, which looked great on me. Back to getting into shape, though this time I've discovered I love spinning classes so my cardio focus will be in that direction. Back to making sure to drink enough water every day, taking it easy on caffeine and alcohol. And most importantly, back to DEALING with my stress instead of reaching for the sweets.

Thanks for reading! Love you all!

- Lacey

Last edited by StoneFree; 11-01-2011 at 03:14 PM.
StoneFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #2  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Lacey!

I, too, gained weight back (and then some) after leaving these boards. You're right, we need this forum to keep us in check with our healthy habits.

Good luck to you in reaching your goal again. You can do it!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 231.5/229.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Girl, as someone who went through bar exam **** a year earlier, you really should not be discouraged. There was nothing in my diet except breadsticks and soda for 3 months.

Honestly, practicing is stressful (don't know if your working yet or not), but my life is WAY less stressful post LS. Sounds like you know what to do and how to do it....best of luck!

EDIT: The word h.e.l.l. is blocked on here? What the ****?

Last edited by pizzaloveresq; 11-01-2011 at 03:51 PM.
pizzaloveresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #4  
Starting Over!

S/C/G: 138/134/123

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks guys!

And pizza lover, I'm doing non-legal temp work at the moment. My start date isn't until December 1st. Thankfully, I eat BETTER when I keep busy, as long as I'm not too crazy stressed. It is usually personal-stress, not work-stress that triggers me ... so hopefully practicing will help!
StoneFree is offline   Reply With Quote