Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 10/24 - 10/30

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-30-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Please excuse my semi-frequent MIL rants. Being able to rant is what keeps me sane. So here is the latest:

My Mother in law: "Melissa, you have beautiful hair." Sounds like a compliment, right? Next words, a second later, "But you know what the problem is - you have lost so much hair and I can see your scalp. I noticed this when you were walking with Sven the other day. How? You used to have so much hair?"

First, male pattern baldness runs on my mom's side. And I literally have nightmares about my hair falling out and have since childhood. Two, I've had thyroid problems. And Third - do you think I don't notice my hair has thinned by half? Do you not think it might be something you shouldn't point out to someone in such a way? Many times I just look at Sonja as if she has 4 heads. Only she could continue to find ways to make me speechless.

I asked her about this the other day when she gave her unsolicited opinion about a picture I was thinking of hanging in the living room as she 'stole' the pictures we were planning on hanging in that room. I got a bit ticked and said that she was too critical and too vocal with her opinions. She said that we are family and with family you have to be honest as then who else would tell you if something looked bad?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Berry Sorry about the MIL. I could not imagine how horrible my life would be if my MIL was still in our lives. So sorry that you are going through that mess. About your hair, remember my hairstylist noticed that my hair had thinned as I was losing weight. Once you are stabilized for a while, I'm sure it will thicken back up. Also, your thyroid has been fluctuating. All of that plays a part. This is for your MIL from me. I'll also give her a because I can.

ETA: Rant all you want. Whatever it takes to get you through it.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-23-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

I had DH look at the pictures in the 120 and 130 pound ranges. He picked out a couple where they are in the upper 120's and lower 130's. I guess it has to do with working out. I'm not a muscular looking person, though. I'm not complaining.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-23-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #5  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry you should remind you MIL what she said about how family should be honest with each other and that she said that...then give some honesty. Every time after that when she starts being "honest" she toss in some of your own. I don't like that you point out my flaws, I'm a great mother, loving wife and good person all around. Not to mention I've been kicking major arse getting into shape, with support from my family, yes, but this journey I do on my own. This isn't a walk in the park and not just anyone can do it, we see failures every day. I am not a failure. Why don't for once you mention something good about me, like how you like the fact that I love your son and that because I love him, I've agree to live with you. A little appreciation would be nice ever so often that way when you do insult me, to my face, with your honesty bullarky I can at least say " well, on oct 24 2011 you said I was a loving wife." How's that for some honesty...now can you please pass the brocolli? Thank you.

That's just one suggestion or you could follow Diana and kick in the butt. Deep breaths in and out.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

I don't have MIL issues we don't have a common language (I am studying though) and she lives in another country, so we get alooonnnggg just great!

I am eating my 50 calorie salad for lunch as I write this message! I hope to lose more weight this week, TOM ruined my mood and weight loss last week, I had great momentum going and it just halted to a rather screeching stop!!!

Good luck to everyone, gotta go back to work
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 172 / 165 / 145

Height: 5'7"

My first Daily Accountability post!

A bad day on the diet road today. I was over at a schoolmate's house working on a project (as we do every Sunday.. but this is the first Sunday since I started losing weight) Her mother made us to-die-for dark chocolate chip and banana bread muffins. I had one.. and then two.. and then a half Luckily she had a plate of veggies and dip out for us, so I filled up on that and am trying not to let the muffin catastrophe get me too down. I sent an "Auguufughfugh" email to the boyfriend's work mail (he's in England right now ) and that's that.

Other than that, a successfully low-carb day. I still lost weight today, (was 166.2 yesterday, 165.6 today) it's just that the rate slowed down a bit. Oh well, when I ate 100+ grams of carbs, I knew there would be a consequence.

Oddly enough, I felt terrible after those muffins, delicious though they were. I immediately felt groggy and found it hard to concentrate. I'm pretty sure this was the carbohydrates hitting my system, but I've never experienced this before -- and I used to eat bowls of pasta a day.. It's interesting what you notice when you strip away all the layers in your diet.

Anyways. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm planning to go to the gym. I've never really been to one. Up until the 30lbs gain that lead me to this forum and weight loss, I'd been able to maintain a healthy weight for my height and still eat whatever. Anything I should know before going?
cellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Height: 5'6"

Morning.....

Oh thank God I don't have to deal with MIL issues anymore. I feel for you Berry. My problem was always, my Mother taught me to have respect for my elders, therefore I always kept my mouth shut. But she butted into mine and the X life all the time. If you aren't doing it like she did, it ain't right.

Cellie don't know how long you been low-carbing. But I found my temptations begin to dissappear over time. My Mother brought over homemade Banana bread and Peanut Butter cookies yesterday. Oh Lord.............but I didn't touch one crumb. Hang in there

Last edited by Nanna7; 10-24-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Nanna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #9  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

Weigh in at 168 this morning. Its all water, I'm sure. I had Chinese TWICE this weekend. It was delicious, but you know I'll be paying for it for a few days.

Today's plan is Kashi Go Lean for breakfast, either a cheese stick or a Fiber 1 bar for snack, a big salad with steak in it for lunch, and whatever dinner is tonight (I really can't think that far ahead). Lots of water and lots of tea. I always hit the gym on Monday nights so I've got a workout ahead of me as well.

I was given a weight watchers digital food scale that may or may not work. So I'm gonna play around with that in the next few days.

NSV- I started this journey in size 16 pants, almost to a tight 14. (I do not like my pants tight at all, so 16 it was). This weekend I was in my old 11/12s all weekend and they were baggy!

Melissa- I feel for you. Having such a negative person around you all the time has got to be stressful. I'm with Diana- here's another for her. And a for you.

cellie- good luck and have fun at the gym!

neveah- hi!

Diana3271- Hi!

mamakat- hi!

nanna- hi!

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by still; 10-24-2011 at 06:01 AM.
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Height: 5'6"

I have been awake since 3:30 a.m. I hate it when I have these periods of insomnia. Went to bed at 10p.m. Woke up the first time around 12. Then again at 3:30 so I just got on up and made my coffee. Thankfully though the girls have school today, and after my housework is complete, I might be able to sneak a nap in.

I have certainly had my "Grandma" workout this past week. Last weekend my DS was in town form Arkansas, he was here for 3 days. he and my other 2 DS had bought tickets to the Bears game in Chicago. So I ended up with 5 grandkids last Sunday night. Then DGS wanted to spend the night again this week. The youngest one is 2 months old and already spoiled. This was her first over night, and now that I know this, it will probably be her last. Don't understand why people spoil their kids, and then want someone else to keep them........they got one over on me this time though.
Nanna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #11  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

oh, and Vixsin-

Happy 40th!
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #12  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

I woke up freezing. Aw it's Fall and soon Winter...have I mentioned we don't have heating upstairs...brrrr. AND DH took over the bed last night. My butt kept hitting his. The two of us (normally) sleep far apart, we even have our own blanket and sheet, we've never shared in our entire marriage. I really have issues with touching My DD slept with us until 3 and was ousted except for weekend where she and DH swapped until she was about 8. Then it went to very rare. We haven't had girl's night since she got her own computer. BUT she was one of those types that like tucking her feet into my fat. Half the time I'd wake up with her practically enveloped inside my big belly.

OK got off subject yet again. Well needless to say, he parked himself square in the middle. Everytime I bumped him I woke up and readjusted thinking I was hogging the bed. I laughed when I saw him after waking DS up for school. I may need a nap later.

The walk yesterday helped with keep my 60lb mark. I am 223 on the nose.

Still hi and congrats on that great NSV. Its such a fantastic feeling to see the pants go down in size. It lets us know we are doing the right thing.

Nanna good job passing on the sweets. I still have a hard time with them in the house so it's usually just a single serving for the kids now. I used to wish I baked, but now I am very thankful I don't as I would be in the kitchen and eating if I did.

Cellie I agree with Nanna, over time it gets easier to say 'no', but to be honest with you, I don't think I could ever turn down banana bread especially home made. That would be a hard weakness for me and I've trained myself to watch other eat and enjoy with a little jealousy, but for the most part a shrug, I don't want to ruin what I've accomplished. My MIL used to make me two loaves for Christmas, I'd give DH a bite and the rest I would scarf down in a matter of hours. It's hard so don't beat yourself up. You've got to fight for it and pick yourself up when you get knocked down.

to all of you who have not awakened yet.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

Last edited by mamakat; 10-24-2011 at 06:34 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Have a great Monday and let's make it a fantastic week!

Weigh In: 144 (TTOM)
No Change

cellie Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #14  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

You all are so wonderful. I was having such a great day yesterday and then MIL laid one on me - about something I'm probably the most sensitive about. Aren't most women sensitive about even the idea of hair loss? That woman has about as much tact as a mouse and the mouse probably has more. I will never forget her laughing at Christmas, "Oh Melissa, You could have been very pregnant now. Look how things can change?" (Said after I had miscarried a few months earlier - after trying for 7 months for the pregnancy resulting in the miscarriage and still not pregnant after the miscarriage). She just has NO self censor.

And, I don't know why, but I ate way more than I intended yesterday. Usually I can have all sorts of goodies under my nose and pass them up - not yesterday. Ended the day around 2000 calories and I see a 1.6 jump on the scale today (from the carbs probably). So, it wasn't even that I ate, but that I chose carbs to eat more too - not good. Let's hope today is a better day.

The good news is that the strain in my neck seems to be getting better. Yesterday was the first day in over 2 weeks I didn't need to take anything for a muscle strain headache. The day before I made it until about 8 pm, so I think that's about healed up. I'll give it a couple more days and then resume weight training and cardio. Of all injuries, a neck strain?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #15  

Morning everyone , I am one tired chickie this morning!!!
Not much to report here, just sticking to my plan, still very sore, probably more so than yesterday, hoping it is better after my walk this morning, although yesterday afternoons walk did not seem to make a difference. I don't mind being a little sore, but this is cannot get up or sit down easily sore.
My scale is stuck again, time to shock the system. Not sure what that will be, but it will be shocking

Diana, you said you don't have a lot of boobage left, so unsupported is prob. okay for you to measure, but for larger breasts, it can make a HUGE difference if they are "dangling" or unsupported. Okay, that was funny. Just got a mental picture of "dangling". Oh the joys of getting old!!!
I think changing your body from pear to hourglass is awesome. Either way, those are good shapes to have, health-wise. For me, I think I am hourglass with a tendency towards apple, I gain weight in my middle first and lose there last and apple is an unhealthy shape. I need to keep that in mind when I want to nosh on something unhealthy!

Funny you guys should be mentioning banana bread, I just moved about 7 really ripe bananas over by my baking cupboard and will be making something with them today! Probably something with dark chocolate chips that I bought on sale. I do try to make healthy substitutions where I can, so they are not to damaging, I will be working one into my plan when I can. I will probably do a double batch and throw half in the freezer.

Guess I should get out of my jammies so I can take the kids to school. Catch you all later.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote