Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-26-2011, 07:02 AM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Dianao you all have special plans for DH's bday??
K9 We are going to PF Changs. This is a new restaurant in town. We went to a PF Changs when we went on vacation last year and loved it. DH's Birthday isn't until Sunday. He is taking Saturday off from the farming/hunting because there is a concert at the fair that I want to see (Marty Stuart). We are doing everything in one day. I am glad about that. I don't want to have 2 off plan days. On his birthday, Sunday, he will go hunting and do his manly caveman thing.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #77  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
I have my mammo today.
Mamakat Good luck. I hope everything goes smoothly.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #78  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
Scale read 165 today! It has to do it again tomorrow for me to count it, but if it does, I've reached my Disney mini-goal!

I've been working hard. Perfectly on plan yesterday with eating.
Still Congrats and great job!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

TTOM is kicking my butt this morning! TTOM started on Saturday, but today is the first day that I really felt bad. It is more than making up for it this morning.

Weigh In: 144.4
Up: .8
Old 10-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #80  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all!

still congrats on 'hopefully' reaching your mini goal for Disney!

k9 Good job on not caving wtih the smells of ketchup all around. I'm with Mamakat on that one though.

Mamakat We've been using cell phones only as our phone for 2 years (basically since we moved here). And it works great. We still have a land line, but it is Sonja's phone. It rings a lot and 90% of the time it's not real phone calls. I have that happen once a month every 6 months or so with the cell phone versus more than once daily (just happened for the first time in eons yesterday)

We do have TVs though, but we could live without it with computers compabilities, but DH likes a theater experience when watching movies, so we have a huge screen TV and surround sound with very good equipment for movies. We maybe go to the movie theater once a year - maybe, but we watch movies at home at least 2 times a week. As for TV shows we watch just two shows a week, that's it.

Diana3271 Have fun at the fair and concert this weekend. I might have a splurge day too if we finally go on our date!

And for me, the scale finally started moving again. I had a really good day yesterday and didn't nibble or even feel tempted to nibble even with making mini pizzas and mini apple pies for lunches for the rest of the week. So whatever was out of whack in my head seems to be back to normal again. Thank goodness.

Today will be "clean out the craft room" day. I have to get it sorted out so I can make the Halloween costumes!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #81  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Will the music make it a more tolerable experience? I sure hope so for ya... that would be nice

EDIT: This was referring to Mamakat's comment about not answering the regular phone and her cell having music instead - geez, I swore I clicked the "show quote"... *kicks computer*

Last edited by ItsMyTurn; 10-26-2011 at 07:30 AM.
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #82  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Melissa - Congrats on the scale moving again!!!

Diana - I used to be huge on the elephant ear/fried dough... but then I worked for the fair and found my love for the funnel cake, LOL

I can't remember who said the Snickers didn't sound good, but.... it's a coating, and the chocolate totally melts inside and it gets all gooey with every bite... it's actually kind of yummy - although I would have never thought to have done it

Mustard - Normal days are good... don't beat yourself up for not being a super hero

To everyone else I am forgetting ... Hello and hope you have a super day!!!!

So I put two pics together, they are face only, but one is right before I started to lose weight, and the other is a picture I just took yesterday morning. Hope the difference is able to be seen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Changes.jpg (30.6 KB, 14 views)
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #83  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

ItsMyTurn you know how chills go down your spine when someone scratches a chalkboard, ringing phones are like that to me and then I get anxiety. I was so thankful when caller ID came out b/c DH would call and get anxious b/c I wasn't answering We had a ring system but that didn't help with the sound. A lot of these phones have different ring tones and we try them all. Our last phone was the best, but we upgraded and they didn't have the tone...it was someones song. It actually was calming.

By the way, the doorbell is the same and it doesn't help that the dog barks when it goes off. It used to be the kids checked out the window then came and got me as I'm trying to breathe We don't have a peep hole. Now the kids are old enough to answer the door, there's a porch in between so the actual visitor isn't near them. We've also trained the friends to knock on slider and not ring doorbell. We have tried many tones with that, I think the fear though is someone is near me on the other side of the door and with the ring, I start freaking out.

BUT on my cellphone, I can put in any ringtone. For regular calls I have the silly Geico ring...ringadingadoh. Which automatically triggers my memory of the gecko and his sarcasm. For DH its rock music as he is a rock musician. And the kids have their tunes. So I know who is calling before I answer or I have a calming/funny thought before answering. I still shake and stutter when on the phone (no matter who it is-family included) but its a lot less than with the home phone.

Funny thing when we're out and I hear a ring, I still freak out even though I KNOW it's not for me And the weirdest part, I have no idea what or where this fear comes from. I've always had it even as a little girl when phones had dials Calling out is just as bad. I make notes before I call anyone. Therapist said that was actually smart. Otherwise I forget who I've called and why. And speaking of calling, I have to call all my doctors and tell them my number changed...where's my zanex (jk)

Last edited by mamakat; 10-26-2011 at 08:11 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Well, I didn't eat well yesterday, and today hasn't started out well either, but it's not so bad that I can't turn it around. There was SO much food in the office yesterday, and I always have trouble resisting that. I did take a walk at lunchtime, my first activity in a long time. I brought my shoes to do it again today, but it's raining. And tomorrow we're supposed to get snow. I'm so not ready for that yet.

I want to leave work early on Friday, so I've been trying to get in early to make up some of that time. Our normal routine is for me to wake my husband and son on my way out the door, as that gives them enough time Ian ready and off to school. I left a phone by my husband, with the plan to call at the right time, but did I call? Well yes, but not until long after I should have. Fortunately they woke up anyway. They need to find a new system for getting up that doesn't involve me. (ETA: speaking of phones, mamakat )

Last edited by zoodoo613; 10-26-2011 at 09:20 AM.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #85  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
So I put two pics together, they are face only, but one is right before I started to lose weight, and the other is a picture I just took yesterday morning. Hope the difference is able to be seen
Of course we can see a difference - your progress has been great!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Morning everyone....

Seems I do have a litte time to get in a post before I head to the Dr.'s office.

Last night was rough.....I was so hungry. Supper just didn't satisfy me and I was really dissappointed that I couldn't eat my friend chicken. Like I said before, I LOVE fried chicken. I'm so glad the smell is finally gone, it was all just making me so ill. But in my venge to find something to eat, I discovered a bowl of leftover spagetti I had made for the girls day before. And you know things like spagetti and chile are ALWAYS better on the 2nd or 3rd day anyway, after that It's garbage time. So I told myself...1 bite won't hurt you. so, I warmed up just that 1 bite. Oh My Gawd!!! I had forgotten how good my spagetti actually was. Sorry to to brag....but I ended up eating about 3/4 of a cup. I guess when you think about it, it really wasn't such a bad cheat. Could have been a fried snickers or funnel cake..... With the plan I am doing that could have been a major disaster.... Needless to say, I think I will walk past the scale for a couple days......

Diana...I just noticed your ticker and how much weight you have lost. My Lord girl, you are half of what you used to be. WTG!!

Guess I'm gonna have to pay closer attention to everyones stats and tickers.

Last edited by Nanna7; 10-26-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Nanna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #87  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Morning everyone

Well, I looked that sinful Snicker’s up online and they had about a thousand diff pics of them. Guess I don’t keep up! Everything from tempura battered, cornflake battered, & funnel cake battered. All of which looked pretty gross to me. As if the Snicker’s itself didn’t have enough sugar, they drenched it with powdered sugar, caramel, and chocolate sauce. I hope I haven’t set anyone’s triggers off with that description. All of that sounds yucki to me!

As if that weren’t enough, DH came and told me of this burger as I was telling him about the 700 cal Fried Smess! Both of these are served with FRIES! YUCK!!

One of the entries that I read said that their diner served these Fried Snickers with a side of fries as a MEAL! SERIOUSLY??? And people wanna know why Americans are dying of heart disease GEEZ
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #88  

Morning everyone
I am totally procrastinating today, I should be working out!
Slept like crap and then just as I was starting to fall back asleep around 4am the doorbell rang!!!! Looked out and there was a truck in my driveway!!! Thank goodness DH was home last night, I would have had a heart attack. Turned out to be a misunderstanding, but just set me on edge and then once I finally fell back asleep it was time to get up. Oy!
Oh, and I hate the doorbell and the phone ringing too. Hate to talk on the phone too, total waste of time and always at an inconvenient time. I am so not like my mom or even my mother in law, both love to talk on the phone for hours. Funny, they never call me anymore because I never answer, oops. We also have no land line, just cells (that I can mute )

Just a few replies,
K9, I am really not tempted by the concessions at ball games, they don't really interest me. Not sure why, I guess I am just not a concessions kind of gal. If I couldn't take it and had to eat something, I would probably just get popcorn.

Speaking of fair food, I don't really eat that either. I make sure I eat before or after I go. I've never had an elephant ear, a fried snickers or a funnel cake. I do eat if we are at an amusement park all day, but I usually stick to a chicken sandwich or burger, not usually sweet stuff. We are all different aren't we?

Berry, yes, I overdid my workout, I am reminded of that fact every time I stand up, sit down, bend over, reach,lay down, breath, ! I know what it was that put me over the edge with my hamstrings, it wasn't my normal weight lifting routine (even though I upped all the weights), it was the deadlifts I decided to add in after my weights. I did 30 of those suckers, weighted. Live and learn. I will skip those until next week and do half as many until I can work up. My hammies have always been my weak spot, need to work on that. Today I am just plain sore, not terrible, on the mend.

Diana, I have heard of banana ice cream, but have not tried it. I used my really ripe ones in the muffins, but I have a perfectly fresh cluster sitting in the kitchen now, I could throw some in the freezer and try it out.

Okay, I think that was everyone that specifically addressed me recently. Gotta run now, literally,
Gonna try to do some weights and cardio today, no hamstrings though.

Last edited by jomatho; 10-26-2011 at 10:15 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Morning everyone

Well, I looked that sinful Snicker’s up online and they had about a thousand diff pics of them. Guess I don’t keep up! Everything from tempura battered, cornflake battered, & funnel cake battered. All of which looked pretty gross to me. As if the Snicker’s itself didn’t have enough sugar, they drenched it with powdered sugar, caramel, and chocolate sauce. I hope I haven’t set anyone’s triggers off with that description. All of that sounds yucki to me!

As if that weren’t enough, DH came and told me of this burger as I was telling him about the 700 cal Fried Smess! Both of these are served with FRIES! YUCK!!

One of the entries that I read said that their diner served these Fried Snickers with a side of fries as a MEAL! SERIOUSLY??? And people wanna know why Americans are dying of heart disease GEEZ
GEEZ is right!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 173/173/135

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! I just joined this forum and this is my first post here. My son has brain cancer and Ive been eating everything in sight I guess as a reaction to stress. When he's in the hospital I run to those vending machines for candy bars constantly. In any case, I'm devastated that I've put on about twenty pounds! So now I'm on a mission to take better care of ME too. Time to exercise and eat healthfully and get this 20 pounds off of me! I know it will help with my depression, too. So happy to have found this site!
Eliasson is offline   Reply With Quote