Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 07:04 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#278

WELCOME !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME !!!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 07:06 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Well well well....all you chicks were quite chatty today...its gonna take me FOREVER to catch up....

I have been lurking but have nothing to say...only because I haven't been a good girl at all....I'm not even trying! What is wrong with me??

Anyways...I have my final exams next tuesday so I will be back after that for sure!

Gotta get some dinner! TTFN Love you guys! Michelle
Old 02-05-2003, 07:32 AM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

WI Wed
I weighed yesterday and weighed 189 but I ate yesterday
I had a 6 in. subway for lunch and a chili burger for dinner. The manager at Sonic bought my dinner.(Hubby is a little jealous). I told him a little jealousy is good for a marriage.

Son is still working

Work is good but busy I don't know where all these folks are coming from I beleive they are coming from the other libraries. (WE are so friendly ) One of our regular patrons brought us a box of Valentines candy. .Like we need it. He is so sweet.

Hope all of you are doinggreat today stay op drink your water (which I need to do). I also need to exercise but maybe I get enough at work all the walking I do.

The next reference workshop is Feb. 14 (my birthday). DH is going with me and taking me out afterwards.

Well I better run get a bath and dress son will be in from work in a little while.

Old 02-05-2003, 08:28 AM   #4  

Morning girls,
Im gonna try this again. I had a really long post all typed up and the stupid puter wouldnt send it.......rrrrrrrrrrrrrr....so it got lost....don't that get your goat when your already bummed

Okay here's the heads up.....I got on the scale this am and it says Im the same as last week. This is only week 2 and I have followed this plan to a tee (WW Points) I even exercised. Well tomorrow is actual WI day and Im little bummed....but, TOM did show its ugly head last night? 2 weeks late!!!! So, I guess what Im asking is how much is normal or average that you gain or say retain during this time? I thought for sure I'd have a loss!!! Please help me.....No I WILL NOT go off my plan, Im sticking with it!!!!

Okay slap me and tell me to quit whinning!!!!

Another ?????. DH's bday is on Saturday. His mom always makes whatever the bday person wants for a special supper and has the family over to eat and it's always a great time. Well dh being the lovely man he is chooses bacondogs and french fries.....so I say to my mil, do you mind if I bring my own food. She knows Im trying and she even goes to TOPS, well she sounded annoyed but I guess she said its okay? What do you all think of this? Was I in the wrong? I just dont want all those points spent that way....its a ton if you look em up.

Hugs to all....thanks for the advice in advance.

PS) SPARE RIBS.....no real recipie, but heres what I do and they are so yummy.

Package of lean boneless ribs, I cut anymove visible fat off. Throw them in a bowl with this sauce found at my local grocery store in the Chinese section, sometimes with the ribs though called AH-SO SAUCE. It is to make Chinese style pork, chicken and spareribs. Oh so yummy. Then I let em soak all day, then in a foil lined pan with sides I put them in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes or so. So tender and so good. You can have 2 of them that are 4" long for 4 pts total. ENJOY.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:55 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

j-ann pops her head over the wall, where's she's been hiding and eavesdropping, and speaks:

HEY SANDY, Whine away, we all do it. Better to whine and get it off your chest than keep it inside. For DH's B'day how about a compromise. Have a hot dog without the bacon (and/or cheese if MIL uses it). Pass on the fries and bring a fruit salad or a veggie. Bank a few points for the next couple of days and have a small slice of cake. I pass on the ice cream cause it's one of those things I can live without most of the time. If MIL insists she give you a BIG slice, FINE! Eat a couple of forkfulls and push it away or cover it up or carry it to the kitchen, toss it, and start the dishes, using the excuse: "Mom, this is soo delicious, but I'm full!"

As you can see I know all the tricks. I'm just having a problem right now using them.

RE: THE SCALE. STAY OFF OF IT if you're going to get upset by what it might say. We're all in this for the long haul and sometimes the scale doesn't reflect our efforts for a week or two at a time. You may be retaining water. You may be in what I call a Fat Shifting Mode: where the scale shows no change but your clothes get looser. Your body just might be hanging on to fat this week because it doesn't want to loose it's long time friend. (Can you anthromorphize a human body??)

What I'm trying to say Sandy is that you're off to a great start!!! Don't let stuff like this get to you. That's why we're here....to help eachother.

The recipe for the ribs sounds great! And easy! I may try it next week.

j-ann's ging back into hiding now.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:50 AM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Tina jumps over the wall, grabs J-ann by the shoulders, slaps her around a little bit, then gives her a hug and they both come back over the wall. No hiding around here girl.........we see you! We miss you when you're gone and that advice you gave to Sandy was awesome. While you may not be here as much as you want to, I definitely know you are here in spirit. Take time out for you.

Duckie: I know you're having a hard time right now. Believe me sweetie, we've ALL been there. Now is not the time to pull away from us. We love you just like you are....scars and all. We all have scars of some type....mostly not visible. Scars inside. But that's what this thread is for....healing. {{{{big hug}}}}} We all love you.

Michelle: Alright girl! Front and center! Now, no more of this whining...you hear me?! You are getting back on track today! That's an order! Now, some might view this talk as a little rough..... but you know that I couldn't talk to you this way if I didn't love you. You have had to kick my butt a time or two also when I've needed it. You have the power to do this sweetie. I know how hard it is. We all do, but the benefits are so awesome. Email me if you need to talk.

Kat: Kat bat bo bat banana fanna fo fat me my mo mat......Kat! Kat! I am SOOO proud of you for re-joining WW! I think it is just the ticket and I love having you as a fellow WW buddy! It's really neat when someone is doing the program and knows what you're talking about.

2cute: Sorry to hear about your pooch and hope he gets to feeling better. Hope you get to feeling better to. You seem a little down lately. Please know that we all love you and if you need to talk, we are always here for you. We may not know exactly what you're going through, but Lord knows we can sypathize with just about anything!

Just belives she saw Thin run through on her way to another job, so she will need to speak quickly..... I know you're busy girl....just remember we love you and hope you're doing well. Don't forget to take some time out for you. I know this pace you're on here lately is amazing, but try to pop in every now and again. We miss you!

Donna: Your stories absolutely crack me up! Not that I want to see anyone hurt....it's just the nakedness and the funny way you tell them. You are a really good story teller. Makes me feel like I'm right there with you. I think me and you are very much alike. I had a terrible childhood as well. My father was, and is an alcoholic (enough said) and my Mom was the poster child for Prozac. (as I lovingly like to refer to her) There are many things I could tell you that would shock, alarm and probably disturb....but what's the point? I have to live in the here and the now and worry about the family I have now without being drug down by the past.....something that I cannot change. I too, have a wonderful man. He has loved me since the moment we met and has never ever made me feel anything less than beautiful. He tells me daily how lovely I am and I thank God every day for him. May all women be so lucky. We will be married 16 years in Novemember as well. When is your anniversary? Mine is Novemember 26th.

Sandy:First of all, what did I tell you about getting on that scale? Just kidding. Trust me, your TOM can weigh you down more than you know. The good thing is, it usually takes a couple of pounds with it. Last week, I was up .6 because of it, however...my leader told me that she's seen women gain as much as 3 lbs with it. If I hadn't of eaten like a 3 days last week, there's no telling what I would have lost last week. Also, I see nothing wrong with asking your MIL if you could bring your own food. You were not in the wrong by doing that. If you really want to eat the food that's being served, try to bank some points and maybe eat a salad and drink a lot of water, that way when you get there, you'll be full and if you do eat some of the food, it will only be a small amount. Hope that helps.

Lucky: How's tricks my sweetie? Anything new on the job front? All of a sudden yesterday, I just started thinking about you. Every time I hear the word "Lucky", I just automatically think of you. Anyways, when I thought of you, I said a little prayer for you.....some was job related, some was man related.....never hurts to put in a good word to the Man upstairs, you know. Have you done any more shoveling?

Baylee: I am so proud of you Miss Thang! I can even hear a difference in your posts. This T.O.P.S. group that you're going to must be awesome and congrats on the loss this week. You are doing absolutely terrific. We don't see you on the board as much as we used to, and I miss you. I know that you're busy...but stop in and see us a little more often! ((((hugs))))

Mary: Sounds like you're busy, but doing well. I am so glad that your son is still working! I know that must take a lot off of your mind.

Sara: Girl, it is only normal to ease up on yourself every once in awhile and not be so strict. Trust me, it is a lesson I am trying to learn every day. I felt so bad this week when I ate so badly for three days, but just by bumping up my exercise, I didn't have a gain. If anything, and I know this is terrible, it made me feel better that you were having some struggles this week too. Now, don't take that the way it sounds. I don't want ANY of us to struggle, but I have a bad habit of comparing myself to you. You know, the old bad talk, "Well Sara has done this.....Sara has done that." One thing I've had such a hard time with was the fact that you've not even been dieting for year yet and you've already lost 120 lbs and I've been going to WW since 2/5/02 (gee, that's neat...a year today) and I've only lost 70 lbs. Of course then again, you have been a die hard WW since May and I took a couple of months off and a week or two here and there and ate what I wanted to. I told dh just last night that it was depressing that I quit a couple of times during the year, because there is no telling how much I would have lost by now and he said, "Yeah, that's true, but then again, if you hadn't of taken the time off every now and again, you probably wouldnt have been as successful. In the past, you quit and it would take two or three years before you would start back up again, and now you can say....at least for one solid year you have kept off 70 lbs and that's a huge accomplishment." See, that's one of the reasons right there why I love him! Anyways, back to what I was saying......when you were talking about how food hasn't been all that good this week, it made me feel better because I realized that you're human too, just like us and not just this losing machine. I think all of us at one time or another have been jealous of you, but just not had the cahoneys to say it. Never doubt however, that you are a major source of inspiration for us. Keep it up girl!

Well, I think I got everyone, and if I missed someone, I truly apologize. My mind is frazzled after all those replies. I am actually off today and I am going to make the best of it and try (notice I said try) to not sit in front of this computer all day. I've already been on it over and an hour. I haven't eaten yet this morning and my stomach is not very happy with me. I have already done the 2 mile WATP and if I feel like it, I may pop in the one mile later on this evening if I feel like it that way I can still get in my 3 miles today. If anyone had of every told me I would love exercise, I would have told them they were crazy. Now, I'm not telling you I love it, but I'm quite happy with it.

Before I go, to answer Donna's pole: I have told my mother, my friend Kim, you guys and dh how much I weigh. YES, I told dh. After all these years of never wanting him to know, I finally realized that he has always loved me, no matter how big or how small I was and his love certainly would not change because of a number. I think another reason I told him is because I know for the first time, that I am really going to do it this time and my biggest goal right now is to weigh less than him and in about 30 lbs. I will.

Alright girls, I am off of here for now and I'm going to get my tummy some much needed food. I think maybe a lean pocket and a nice salad w/ff blue cheese dressing. Sounds yummy!

Have a great day and if I don't go to church tonight, I will definitely see you in chat!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:53 AM   #7  

Sandy: I really really agree with J-Ann. You are going to stress yourself right off your program. Everybody is different, but I know a lot of women who have said how upset they were because they gained weight instead of lost at the first. Try to stay off the scales. Listen, have DH hide them somewhere (for real) and bring them out once a week or every other week at the most and don't sweat it. Stay on your program!!!!!

J-Ann: Good morning to you! You are beginning to look like Pucksatanny (sp) (forgive me Pennsylvanians I don't have time to look it up to spell it right!) Phil just coming up to see your shadow. We love hearing from you whenever you can get in here. Have a great day!

I doubled my morning walk this morning using a different route. My original walk may be at an incline all way round and I just don't notice because I walked a different way and stayed out twice as long. I am going to drive it tonight and see the difference.

I have to boogie. I just finished mopping and cleaning the downstairs and T called and wants me to go to lunch with him at MickyD's so I have to get hopping. (Gotta rearrange food on my journal too!)

Donna
Old 02-05-2003, 12:00 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Sandy...don't be ruled by the scale! Of course there is a difference for TOM, you are retaining water. Not unusual at all. Good for you for doing everything to a T...just keep on doing that! I think if your MIL is insulted by you wanting to stay OP...TOO BAD FOR HER! You do what you have to do for yourself!

I have to go back to bed...I got up to pee and was lured in here by the 'puter...of course I had to check in...and of course I had to stick my 2 cents in!

see ya later..
Old 02-05-2003, 03:01 PM   #9  

If I did not know it before I sure to now!!!! You are all so wonderful and really care. Thanks so much....Anyway, Im back to my happy go lucky self and figure it will all work out in the end. I will stay on plan!!!!!!!!!! Im here for life!!!! Gonna stick to the good stuff!!!!

As for dear mil??? Well, hotdogs are not one of my favorite meals anyway, and she will get over it. Think I will take my big ole salad over and maybe a WW meal to do in the microwave. I will not eat the dessert as its raspberry pie and that I can do without, I dont like raspberries. So I will just have coffee at that time.....but, what I was saying is, you would think she would be supportive!!!Oh well she will get over it even if she has a tiff. Dont get me wrong, I love her dearly and usually could not ask for a better mil in the world, but shes also going through the change and its effecting the whole family, but thats another whole story.

Hugs to you all,
Old 02-05-2003, 03:18 PM   #10  

Sandy: You poor thing a mil going through the change! (just love her as this is a really awful time for her & no matter what she says or does she DOES NOT MEAN IT!) I know what I have been like the last week or so with meno problems. I am about to kill our cat he is driving me so nuts and I am always screaming at my poor dh about him. Jack definitely knows when to back off so he usually just comes and gets the cat. Last night I yelled at him about the cat and he was playing Risk and had to start over. I heard him #$(%&^&^^*$() and ask him what was wrong and he got all sweet and said nothing. Took him about 25 years to learn, but he finally caught on so just be patient with her. Oooohhh raspberry pie, I have never had that and raspberries (especially red ones) are my favorite fruit. Glad I wasn't at your house or that is probably all I would get to eat for the whole day; one piece of pie! I am so glad you were able to turn this around and not worry about it anymore! As for the food issue and mil, most women in my age range never realized the totally worthlessness of hot dogs. I fed them to my kids all the time. So, she probably doesn't know that the things are really really awful for anybody just not those trying to lose weight.

Thomas threw a fit because he decided he didn't want MD's but Back Yard Burger. What a fight ensued. Kelly hates the place but we ended up there. The good thing is I got a veggie burger so less fat and calories.

Well, I need to get downstairs. Hubby will be home in about an hour and I want to show him another practically new shirt I found in the closet that I can wear. Yippeeee

Donna
Old 02-05-2003, 04:18 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

Talking Let's do Tina!

Tina, Tina bo beena, banana fanna fo feena, me my mo meena...TINA!

You always make me smile!

Gotta run...see you all....tonight???
Old 02-05-2003, 04:38 PM   #12  

Angry Quickie

Hey Chickies!

Just popping in for a sec. WI Wednesday! For the first time since May, I didn't have a loss this week. I maintained my 122 pound loss and am still 148 pounds. I'm happy with that seeing as how I definitely was not on my best behavior and "splurged" a couple of times.

WI Wednesday means I updated my journal. Check it out if ya want the whole scoop!

Sara
270/148/150
Old 02-05-2003, 06:05 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

All that talk about raspberry pie and then I saw them(raspberries) on sale at Stop n Shop...raspberries and Cool Whip for dessert tonight...
Old 02-05-2003, 06:17 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Berries must be "in the air" tonight. I had strawberries for dessert. Just rinsed and munched by holding the little green top. MMMMMMMMGood.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:29 PM   #15  

Hey girls! I drove my new route and I have increased it by 1/4 mile so I am getting an extra 1/2 mile in each day. Yippeee! I will be so anxious to get to the place where I am at my 3 miles so I can tell my skinny daughter I can walk the 5 k with her in Oct. Also, Jack weighed me this evening and I have lost another 10 lbs since last weighin. HOT DOG!!!!!!

I am under my calories by over 200 tonight and fat calories by nearly 100 and that doesn't even count the evening snack that is already in my menu. I am so jazzed. Do many of you eat the WW packaged food? I really like it though I do wish there were more desserts to choose from. I am not a real big ice cream eater and that is two of the 4 desserts I have ever found. The only other desserts are the eclairs and the cheesecake. Are there more? Of course I always buy my package of skinny cow, but they last as I don't eat that much ice cream. I found that I didn't like this chicken mirabella dish or another one that had a lot of ginger and you know I hate ginger. All the italian dishes seem tasty as does the peppersteak and I always buy me at least one cheese pizza for a lunch treat every two weeks.

Here is honesty time. It is ugly so hold on to your hats. Before I decided to get ahold of my eating problem, whenever I would buy myself frozen dinners, if it was a single menu choice like Stouffer's Scalloped chicken or something like that. I always bought 2 because I didn't feel one was enough food. If I bought a tv dinner I always bought the hungry man size or the largest size I could get. It is so incredibly unbelivable to me that I can honestly eat just one and be satisfied. I had a WW lasagna, broccoli and a slice of bread with 1/2 tbl olive oil margarine for dinner.

I need help with something that has nothing to do with weight watching. My husband's suggestion though valid, is drastic and I don't need to have neighbor problems. I have a single older (not a teen) mother that lives next door with 2 young children. According to her 9 year old, this little girl besides the brother that is 7 and lives at the house has 3 grown sisters and 2 grown brothers and a 12 year old sister that does not live with them. The reason I interject this is because of the responsibility the older ones could take regarding the issue below. Last fall on a very very cold day, these two children show up at my door frightened because their mom was not home and their home was locked. I kept those children (who I DID NOT KNOW) for over 45 minutes and their mother told me she lost track of time and thought it was only one o'clock. She got home at 4:30 pm. I chalked it up to being careless and nothing more, but today it happened again and I again left a note saying that I had the children at my house. When they arrived home, they DIDN'T come over and get them. I had to go over and tell the son they were at my house. Now I know they saw the note, I put it on the handle of the gate so they couldn't get in without seeing it. I let the kids go home and the mom came over and said thank you and I was kind of terse when I said your welcome, but I was really peeved, not only because of her irresponsibility, but because Jack and I were getting ready to leave and I had to stay home and he went without me. They also park their junker car across the shared walkway into our condos and block the path and park in front of our garage even though they have a garage just like us and there are parking places for visitors at the end of the drive or for extra cars. We have spoken to them about parking their car and blocking the exit. They stopped for about 2 weeks and they are now doing it again. To be delicate about this, we just bought this condo in Sept and we do not want something to happen to our car or property if these people get angry because of something we do to make them follow the rules (like reporting them to the Condo Association) or calling protective services regarding the children which is what Jack thinks we should do if it happens again. They are not homeowners but renters so should I try and find out who the landlord is? I don't like confrontations, but what if next time I am not home and darn it, it is not my responsibility to care for her children after school. If I wanted to do that I would open a day care. By the way she was 1/2 hour late this time. Seems to me that you know your kids get off the bus at 3:30 so you should either make arrangements with someone (like your grown children) to pick them up at school or have your butt at home every day. Also, these children feel my house is theirs and go wherever they want in it while I am trying to corral my animals and keep them from being harmed. SUGGESTIONS? I AM DESPERATE to fix the situation and keep things from becoming heated.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Donna

Last edited by jackslady; 02-05-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Closed Thread