Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #16  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post

Then---there was Sunday! Thank You, Jesus for a new week! A friend of DH, DH, and I went for a 15 mile bike ride! The weather was GORGEOUS! Nice and but not too hot! DH had wanted to go out to eat with his parents at a steakhouse that throws peanuts on the floor. He knows I HATE those restaurants. So, I told him I was not eating there. He got really mad at me and made this statement: “Why do you always have to be different? Why can’t you just eat what everybody else eats? Why do you always have to eat something else?”

I was NOT happy about this! He and his parents are obese. His parents moreso than him. My MIL is an avid baker. She bakes something wicked every weekend, plus they go out to eat every Sunday.
I just looked at him and stated firmly, “YES! I am different. I will not eat what you all eat.” And then we went to the market to buy lunch. My lunch selection was so YUMMI, I had to take a pic of it! (below)

After the we went to pick the babs up from my MILs, and he chose to have 2 pieces of fried chicken, baked beans, and a huge slice of orange pumpkin shaped cake she had made on Saturday.
He asked if I wanted a piece of the chicken. I said, “Is it fried?” He replied, “Yes, but you can take the skin off.” Me: “Nah, I’m going to pass. You can eat it.”
I chose a simple salad instead with a few bites of popcorn and a handful of mini M&Ms.

IDK why he chose to try to distract my efforts. Usually, he isn’t this bad. Maybe I was just being super sensitive about it.
That would be really, really tough and I wonder over and over again what it must have been like for my husband to be trying to live a healthy life when he had an obese wife. I know it scared him for our future and I know it worried him because he loved me, but he also knew there was nothing he could do about it.

In your case, you have the added 'weight' of being a cardiac nurse. You see first hand every time you go into work what living a crappy lifestyle leads to. Then you watch your husband get obese and eat crap. I can only imagine how tough that is.

So, for the record, I'm proud of you and he got mad because he wants you to give him permission, basically, to throw away his health. Your instistence to eating healthier makes it harder for him to ignore what he's doing to himself. Deep down he's mad at himself, not you.

I guess I would say in such a situation, "Yes I'm different. I don't want to be normal and end up on my hospital ward in cardiac failure because I decided to be the same like everyone else." Or something like that.

Hugs to you!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #17  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Krystal I think loved ones go through ups and downs just like us. Most of time they're supportive even they don't say so, but some times they don't want to think about it either. Some times we are doing so well and then some times we think, why not cheat, it's only one day. That's probably his mindset. I know it was my DH's two Friday's ago when I said "ugh, I need to do this to myself", he was thinking "it's only one day, you can jump back on tomorrow." They don't really get our inner struggles with guilt and all that as they can't feel what we feel. We've either got to be super strong during those times or just take it with a grain of salt. They love us and want us to be happy and EVERYBODY believes food makes us happy. Good for you for staying strong

Vixsin I hope you get your exercise in today. I'm rooting for you

Jomatho Hope you get some much needed energy.

Berry how long do you have to stay on antibiotics?

Diana good morning. I ditched the bike and did elliptical instead. I challenged myself to ride that thing for an entire cd (40 mins worth). It was super hard as after the 15 minute mark my feet kept falling asleep I've never gone past 15 mins. I kept saying "five more minutes, you can do this." And well, I did it. Plus another 10...yay.

Good morning everyone...
Old 10-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #18  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Life is crazy. I did well all week and ended up with a gain of almost 2lb. I eat almost 3000cal yesterday and I wake up this morning with a 1.6lb loss. WTH?

I regret eating that much. I was just so hungry and we had chips in the house. I always fail when there are chips in the house. I can't control myself around them. The whole time I'm shoving them in my mouth I'm telling myself it's a bad idea. To JUST STOP! I need to get a hold on this. I can't just tell DF that we can't have them in the house anymore. That's not fair to him.

So I did pretty badly yesterday but I'm going to list the things that I did that were better than I used to do.

-I drank zero ounces of soda or tea. 6 months ago I would have eaten all of that and then drank nothing but tea to boot.

-I ate a salad with dinner instead of the chips that DS was having. I still ate chips yesterday, but I didn't with dinner.

-I split a blueberry roll with DS instead of eating the whole thing.

-I had whole grain buns with my hamburger instead of white.

Little things, right? Yeah.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Monday!

Still: The cider mill sounds interesting. Back on track today!

Mamakat: "Get on your bike and ride"! I always think of the Queen song "Bicycle". Keep peddaling!!

Diana: Dehydration can do funny things. Glad you're feeling better!

Jomatho: Hope you have lots of energy today!

BBB: Wow! Good job on staying out of all those cookies! That's something to celebrate, for sure!

Vixsin: Hope you have a great day too!

K9: Sorry you're feeling sabotaged. Try not to take it personally...I too believe it's something going on in him. Wine, chips and bean dip? Interesting meal...

I did "ok" over the weekend. Lots of household chores, so that kept me moving.

Down 1 lb for the week. A bit disappointed with that...but the note below will explain why. It's a learning process...right?

Note to self: PORTION SIZE--PORTION SIZE--PORTION SIZE!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #20  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Krystal, Sorry DH isn't being supportive right now. I agree in that I feel he is more angry at himself than at you. for some people it's really hard to watch us lose weight. for so many people, it's easier to gripe about it rather than DO something about it. Unfortunately, I have a couple of friends that I don't talk to nearly as much now that i've lost so much weight. Both of the people that I don't talk to as much now struggle with their weight and I've watched them both gain over the last year or so. It's a really hard thing to watch but I constantly have to remind myself that THEY make their choices not me. I want them to get healthy but I can't want it FOR them.

Take care of you and stand your ground. You are making the right choices for your health. All you can do is love him and hope he puts himself first just as you have.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #21  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Mamakat - I finish my antibiotic tomorrow morning, so two doses left. I can't wait to be done, but then I'll probably live in the bathroom as I dump all this water too. I only gained 4 ounces last night though and I count that as a victory.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #22  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - HI!!!!! So good to see you I laughed when she said that to me and my mom told her that "it's too bad, get used to the new mommy", LOL!!! Your avitar looks great! Sounds like you had a "hubster battle" as I have grown to call them - those are the "discussions" where you KNOW neither of you are going to budge, but it helps to alleviate the tension you both feel (and winds you up a bit in the process)

Nikki - Get back on the horse and no harm If you were to deprive yourself when you want something, then you would never stay successful. I think you have done a fabulous job - reading what you wrote even shows that when you splurge you try to figure in caloric intake! Great job knowing that you can still "live" and succeed at the same time!!!

mamakat - I don't think I could survive with only one bathroom anymore...when I stayed with my parents for 3 months prior to the move to AZ, we had 6 of us and only one bathroom... but now we have our house that I have become accustomed to with 3 1/2 bathrooms for 5 of us (7 when my folks are here, but they have a full bath off their bedroom for themselves). Excellent job on the elliptical!!! What an accomplishment!!!

Diana - Great job on the loss!!! You do so well on your maintenance! I can only hope when I get to that point that I do as well as you do

berry - Your photo is incredible! What a change! I am so proud of you for only having one cookie That is amazing restraint! I can't wait for you to stop the antibiotics and be healthier too That will be awesome for you

jomatho - You did a tough weight lifting routine on Saturday, I am betting you went up due to water retention in your muscles... it happens to me when I change up my strength programs and isn't unusual at all. You and the scale will be friends again soon

Vixsin - I hope you are able to kick some active butt! Have a super day!!!

I am back to work and so don't want to be, lol.... that vacation was paradise! Alas, all good things need to come to an end and the only thing I am dreading is my folks leaving me this coming Saturday morning. I always have a real hard time when they leave. Until then, I will take advantage of the time we have together though Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #23  
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

This week started out pretty good for me. Finally got my Dutch bank card and paid the registration fee for a real estate agency that hopefully will find us a good house outside Amsterdam, as we have to move out of this apartment by the end of November.

I ate under my calorie goal for today, mostly because I was busy in meetings and didn't have time to snack (I have some mini orange peppers on my desk for snacking). I had a good weight lifting session at the gym, made progress on all my main lifts, fiddled with my form on squats and bench press and found a few things to correct, got compliments from a guy on my strength. Tallying everything, I lifted, pushed and pulled a little under 7 and a half tons (16,475 pounds).

Tomorrow I only have a BodyBalance class scheduled, I think I will take it a little easier with Zumba/cardio classes as I want to give my muscles more time to recover so that I can lift more. MORE! My calves were already sore today (probably from the burpees I did yesterday), but that didn't affect my lifting.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #24  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Kitten - So glad the week is starting off so awesome for you! Sounds like you were more than productive at the gym Good luck on the house-hunt! We just bought and moved into our dream home last January It has been amazing! Still almost seems like it isn't real
Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

The scale was kind to me today. Down 2 lbs to a new low of 205. I had Chinese yesterday and thought sure that the sodium would cause a water weight gain. It did not, go figure?

10/17/11 - Mon -goal 1650 calories - actual was 1526 (124 under my goal)

My sodium was 1481 mg which is 19 mg under my goal of 1500 mg

Can't be much closer to target than this.

My DW is starting to have symptoms of heart trouble. She is stubborn as a Missouri mule. She will not go to the ER despite my pleading with her. She has no cardiologist so I made an appointment with mine for her as a new patient. The doctor will be able to see her this week on Thursday. She is symptom free right now and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way until she is seen. I thought us men were the ones that were supposed to resist medical treatment? Not so in our family.

Larry,
Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

Height: 5'7"

Today is a weird day.

I realized I have been working out for 14 days straight, no break in between. Now, it's not good to not take a single day off. Today I am making myself. I already feel awful- I need to work out. But my muscles need a day's rest. Maybe I'll do some stretches.

I shot myself in the foot a bit- I love to bake and have always wanted to try to make hommemade croissants from Julia Child's recipe. So, the grocery store had a sale on butter, and...12 hours of folding, stretching and rolling later, I made 24 nice plump croissants. And I won't lie, I had some for breakfast and lunch. Figured, today is a maintenance day. I had like 2 croissants, 2 bars and some steamed veggies. That should amount to a full day's calories.

I feel strangely fat and depressed and really far away from my goal weight. But I think by tomorrow, all will have evened out and I will feel better. And also, no croissants.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #27  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Get back on track Mustard! Make sure you get in some exercise tomorrow. It will be ok. Hang in there!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #28  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

I am checking in for the accountability. I am in control and I could eat like this the rest of my life.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #29  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Larry You are still doing such a great job! I will keep your DW in my prayers. Keep us updated.

K9 Sometimes I struggle with my DH and family, too. Now that I have the food allergy, that throws another monkey wrench in where we go. I have to make sure that there is food at the restaurant that I can eat. We can't go to those peanut steakhouses anymore. The last time we went to one (last month) as I was sitting there, my tongue started burning and the next day my lips were flared up. So now, there are 2 more restaurants in town that we can't go to. On top of that my allergy is unconfirmed by the Dr and I don't have anaphylactic shock. Sometimes I feel my family don't take my allergy seriously and I'm just being a PITA. Whew all of that! I'm sorry that you went through that with your DH.

MustardFan Sorry about the rough day. If you are really sore, I would take a day off or maybe go for a walk. My body always liked cardio the best anyways.

ItsMyTurn I hope you had a great day! What are your parents doing while you are at work?

Moondance Congrats on the pound!

mamakat Congrats on giving that elliptical a workout!

Vixsin Try to get to bed early tonight!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #30  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories