Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 08:44 AM   #31  
Quit counting at 45!

Default NO ICE CREAM!

I made it through the evening without having any ice cream. I did have a couple of cookies but didn't feel the need to snack. I drank lots of water instead. It also helped that I was busy getting ready for my guest on the weekend. I'm so excited to have company. My aunt called and asked if I would bring a certain salad to the brunch. It sounds great. I can hardly wait to try it. It's just romaine lettuce with green onion, toasted almonds and manderin orange sections and a light oil dressing. Yum!

Mitchypoo: You are definitely in my prayers. It's the waiting that's the worst isn't it?

Gary: Thanks for the reminder of the new spring wardrobe. I'm looking forward to it. The great thing about all this has been that I haven't gained any weight even though I've been eating more. I think it's because I'm more active in this job. Think of the weight I could lose if I ate properly.

doitforme: Come back when you can!!

Have a great day!
Old 02-13-2003, 09:22 AM   #32  

Angry Thursday

Morning Everyone!

I'm tired this morning. I had a crazy day yesterday. I was very busy with my patients that were having problems or had new orders from the Dr and didn't get my lasix taken or my nap. I know, I know, my DH has already told me that I can't take care of others if I don't take care of myself. . . . . .

And Miss Lucky (goat kid) is not doing well. We have done all we know to do. She's eating ok, but she has had a few light seizures and we don't know what is causing these. I am trying really hard to withdraw my feelings, cause, I don't know if she will make it or not. *sigh* I am the world's worse for taking in poor animals and getting attached to them.

Michele~ You bet we will pray for you! Wow, I bet that is scary. Anything that is unknown can be scary. Just hang in there and YOU KNOW the Lord will give you strength no matter what the outcome. Just TRUST HIM

Wilma~ Good for you - no ice cream. It's definitely an addictive food. Having the company this weekend will be good and bad. It will help you keep your mind off food but watch what you eat. Good for you drinking more water. I'm working on that too. Yay!!!

Gary~ I am going to make a major difference in my life. I am trying to eat better and am seeing the scales move in the right direction again. I am up on weight this morning, but I have edema so maybe from that I will learn to take the lasix. LOL Hope you were able to find your wife some wonderful Valentine gift. My dh and I don't do much for the 14th cause our anniversary is the 17th. We just kinda combine it all.

Sue~ I'm also glad everything went well. Don't get too busy to check in, we miss you!

EVERYONE else~ We miss your posts. Come and check in when you can. Thanks for all your prayers and support. Ya'll are great!!! Have a good day!!!
Old 02-13-2003, 09:36 AM   #33  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mrs.Hummer, sorry about Lucky. I hope she pulls through this. I am the same way, i've always brought home the stray animal and you do get attached.

Your anniversary is my father's birthday! Hope you have a nice anniversary.

I wish you all a nice Valentine's. My true love is Jesus and Simba my dog this year. This is what I wish for all of you: http://www.mamarocks.com/valentines_day_with_jesus.htm
Old 02-13-2003, 11:50 AM   #34  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry BUCKETS OF RAIN!!!

HI LADIES-- Well my braggin' is over-- we have had an inch and a half of rain in the last 24 hrs. with more expected today-- HEY!!-STOP LAUGHING that is alot for us Californians. Especially with the drought we have had in the last few years. Not working again today-- glad because the drivers here turn into 100% idiots with the wet roads-- well, o.k.-- they are idiots here all the time but it's worse with the weather!

Well yesterday I gotta a big ATTA-BOY from the wife-- I--and I am not LYING-- hand mopped the kitchen and dining room floors then swifer'd them-- hand mopped the entry way tile-- vacumned the house-- laundry-- bank statement (BALANCED!! ) paid the bills-- cleaned the counters, stove, fridge, toaster and baths!! WHEW-- took me 6 hard hours running without a break!! Of course the wife probably would have had it done in 4. Anyway, she was pleased-- I just don't know what to do today so she won't yell at me-- just KIDDING!!

WILMA- EXCUSE ME-- did you say ice cream? You ment frozen yogurt right? I thought so. You sure can do alot with salad-- my wife does amazing things with lettuce-- although some of it isn't that low in calories I think. Enjoy the family time this week-end.

SHERRY Great attitude for the new lifestyle-- I am so thankful to be here to hear of future success!! Your family must be so proud. Take it as easy as you can at work-- society has forced women into the work field-- womens lib-- hey I didn't say that. Sorry about the troubles with the new family member-- I won't let my wife have a pet because of situations in the past not so pleasant. Get your needed rest when you can girl!
Old 02-13-2003, 12:01 PM   #35  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down Back Again

Lost a long post earlier--AHHHHH

WILMA-- I forgot to tell you congrats on the no weight gain!

MICHELE Prayers for the test on the tumor. Wow, exercising already and bowling-- it is hard to stop when you are on a roll isn't it. Exercising daily really makes you feel good after a while-- hey, maybe I'll start again.

Well, I have to go shopping for dinner-- no ideas yet-- oh, and to pick up something for V-Day. The wife and I usually just go to Italian place we like or not depending on schedules--this year not-- tennis match. I probably will pick up some tea pack or something else she likes and can use-- she is big on usuable gifts--not that she doesn't like to feel special-- I DO THAT EVERYDAY!! Just yesterday I made sure the garage was open (remote broken) so she wouldn't get wet-- that's worth at least 50 points isn't it?

HI to everyone and blessings-- oh, I almost forgot -- I got called to babysit last night at church for a bible study-- went well-- the kids had me untied and dried off 10 minutes before the parents came to get them!!

ALLRIGHT-- too much time on my hands--OUTTA here in the name of our LORD JESUS--Love Gary

BE FISHERS OF MEN....YOU CATCH'EM, HE'LL CLEAN'EM..
Old 02-13-2003, 05:49 PM   #36  

Angry Hi ya!

Sorry to hear about the rain, E.Z. but I'll trade we got -35 degrees below zero tonight. The warm spell is gone, were in the deep freeze now. E.Z. you sound like a whirlwind big guy, I could use some help cleaning, everything has been put off I gotta catch up.and since your looking for something to keep ya busy, want to fly over for a couple hours, get everything picked up, ha ha ha your wife is a lucky lady most guys prefer their recliner, and the remote.I tried to post this morning, but it wouldn't let me so I thought I would try again, and so far so good. Mitchy prayers your way for the tumor, I wonder if it is like a lipoma which is a tumor but extremely rarely ever cancerous. I had one removed from rib cage a few years ago, the thing came up overnight. I bowled this morning, and actually did well, for a pleasant change. Mrs. Hummer sorry about the baby, but make sure ya take of you, don't get to overtired, stretching yourself around to taking care of everyone else still in my prayers as well for strength and healing.
Zoe- I two hope your enjoying yourself I really envy ya now with this cold weather, it seems to creep right throught the walls.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:57 PM   #37  

Angry continued-

Wilma really hope you enjoy your company this weekend. I hope you all have agreat valentine's day! Speaking of which that was a nice poem mitchy I went to the site and checked it out. Gutchie- hope your all feeling better, and Sami- your always in my thoughts and prayers. come back let us know how your doing. Hi to all I missed. I lost 6 lbs so far this week, probably mostly water, since its been awhile since I been good, ( food wise anyway ha ha ha) but it is nice to see it slide in the right dirrection. E.Z. New wardrobe at Christmas sounds good to me. Well gotta go, see ya all tom. !!
Old 02-13-2003, 06:50 PM   #38  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi

EZ- Where in CA are you from? I am originally from So. Cal and my parents and brother are still there in Montebello where I grew up. Mom has been complaining about the cold and rain too.

So get this! After today's bowling tournament I am in the top 3 with 2 guys! We have the final tournament next Thursday.

I wasn't sure i'd make it to school but I ended up going to all classes and bowled and did ok. I'm a little sore but not too bad. The bandaid fell off and that was the worst part.
Old 02-14-2003, 02:05 AM   #39  
Bow

Default New to Board

Hi,
I am new to this Board and I am so happy I found all of you. Praise God! You seem like a wonderful group. I started a medically supervised fast at our local hospital on 1/22 and I have lost 20.5 pounds so far. That is just a drop in the bucket, I have a long way to go but it is a wonderful program that teaches you how to eat and live a healthy lifestyle. I go every Tuesday night for 1 1/2 hrs. to class and weigh in. Anyhow, I hope I can be a part of this group as I am longing for Christian friends who are going through some of the same things as I am. You will all be in my prayers. Happy Valentine's Day!
In Christ,
Bow
Old 02-14-2003, 07:46 AM   #40  

Angry Friday

Morning EVERYONE!

Just wanted to check in for a sec and let you know that Miss Lucky went to goat heaven this morning about 3. She had started having some bad seizures and is far better off. The vet told me last night that if I could have only gotten some colostrum in her in the beginning she would have had the antibodies to fight but unfortunately we didn't. She tried to fight and we had a special bond but it just wasn't meant to be. She is far better off now.

Then about 4 or so, my youngest dh started throwing up so my night was very short . . . . . . . or should I say long. Well, anyway, not much sleep.

I will try to come back later and post individual posts. But have to get things going this now for the day.

Talk atcha later my friends.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:32 AM   #41  
Quit counting at 45!

Sherry: I'm so sorry. That must have been hard on you and your family. And now a sick child. Hopefully it's only a 24 hour thing. Take care.

Bow: WELCOME! You will find great encouragement here. Tell us a bit more about yourself.

Gary: Yes, I did say ice cream but I DID say that I stayed away from it. Things are looking up!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 10:28 AM   #42  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry GOOD MORNING

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE

I hope you all get your cards from that special someone! I know this can be a rough day for some (I have had a few in the past!!) I gave my wife her present this a.m.-- a small zodiac panda bear, an assortment of decaf teas from several stores and an Italian Valetine charm for her bracelet-- she seemed happy-- she gave me a nice card and something from Victoria Secret-- it sure is pretty but I don't think it will fit me

Going down today to watch my daughter play tennis, my son too, so my wife and nephew will spen Valentines Day evening together! Prayers please for his sister-- she is 7 and just went in the hospital last night, she had a sore throat so her mom took her to the dr. yesterday-- there were streaks on her legs and it was painful for her to walk-- low? white cell count-- not sure-- anyway they seem concerned but not overly? concerned-- anyway Prayers are needed-- thank-you.

MICHELE I live about 100 miles south of Montebello I think, more near San Diego. Congratulations on the bowling!! You show those guys next week-- one good thing about bowling is women can compete with men and don't hold them back. The bandaid fell off---oooohhhh. Happy Valentine's Day-- is there still that special new guy hanging around?
Old 02-14-2003, 10:39 AM   #43  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sherry, sorry about Lucky.

Bow, welcome, i think you'll find great people and lots of encouragement here. I'm fairly new here too and I was warmly welcomed, as you are

EZ, are you anywhere near Julian? That is one of my favorite places. And the pie.......oh sorry. I also like a couple wineries near there too.

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!
Old 02-14-2003, 11:08 AM   #44  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Back Again

WANTED TO WATCH THE U.N. MEETING--PRAYING FOR PEACE

MICHELE- Yes I am near Julian, less than an hour away, a very pretty drive from my home. I know what you mean about the pies-- apple, never did the wine there-- Temecula is our place to go for that, how about Dudley's bread? have you had that pleasure?

WILMA-- Yes I did catch that you didn't eat the ice cream--I was just teasing you!! Happy Valentine's Day-- first one in the new place-- how romantic

SHERRY I am soooo sorry for the start of your day-- how awful-- I am truly praying that it ends up alot better than it started. Hope your daughter just has the 24hr flu-- or less! Keep up on your goal through it all

BOW Welcome-- you have found the right place for christian support-- looking forward to meeting you.

SUE-SAMI-ZOE-JOANNE-JPD HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all of you too.

Well I have to go shopping for my son-- seems with 2 full days of school, 2.5 hours coaching every day, and 35 hrs. of work at the sporting goods store each week he doesn't have time to shop for his mom, sister and girlfriend for V-Day-- it became my job since I have another day off-- wish me luck

HAVE A GREAT DAY IN CHRIST-- THE ULTIMATE VALENTINE!!!

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.

YOU ARE ALL MY VALENTINE- Love Gary
Old 02-14-2003, 12:40 PM   #45  

Angry Hi !!

Happy valentines Day! [COLOR=red] E.Z. I take it since you didn't answer me that would be a no on cleaning, oh well I figured it was wortha shot. ha ha ha Ya no it never hurts to ask! I Then again I can't do much cleaning I have frozen water again. So maybe later. Sorry to hear about your niece. I will add her to my prayer list. I too am praying for peace, but isn't looking good these days. Welcome! bow- yes these guys are a wonderful on this thread, they provide support and often humor, as well as christian friendship, and prayer when requests are made. Please come back and let us know some more about you! Wilma good girl not to eat the ice cream! Mrs. Hummer sorry to hear about the baby and your baby as well, hope your youngest is soon feeling much better! Pray for healing, and reductuion of stress in your life. Mitchy - glad to hear your doing so well in bowling, we are in 11th place out of 12 teams. However they is only a total of 2 games locking us out of 5th so 5th-10th Is extremely close.
Closed Thread