Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 10/10 - 10/16

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

One more week

It's been 14 days since I started my new lifestyle and diet

The first week went without any hiccups, the second week: I was sick for a couple of days, so no exercise for those days and I moved up to the second phase of my 30 day shred which was a bit hard.

But, overall, I think it's been quite good, I'm down 1.4 kilos (3.1 pounds).

I've really overhauled my lifestyle, I've been using myfitnesspal to keep track of my food intake and calorie output through exercise.

In my dreamy moments, I would have hoped to lose that weight in less time, but everything considered it's a great start

Hope we can all help each other get through life looking and feeling FIIINNEEEE!
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great week.

The scale is up for me this morning. Not sure why. I ate a turkey wrap at a different restaurant than I normally go to. I also worked out and ate dinner later than normal. Could be anything.

Weigh In: 145.2
Up: .6

nevaeh1984 Great job on the 3.1 pounds!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning! Hubby has the day off. Kids have school. We are going to have nice alone time without the kids and we're going to go walk somewhere and just enjoy the day and each other.

Scale is still up the one pound from yesterday, but not more, so that's at least good. Not much else...

I did post in the "dieting with obstacles" thread, so if you have experience with thyroid meds problem that is TMI in nature, can you please look there to help me out! Thanks!

No exercise yesterday except for a walk around the lake with Hubby last evening. We grilled and ate outside last night. We hadn't done that in ages and ages. Was really nice (and yummy too!)
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #5  
Awesome ;D

S/C/G: 202/195/116

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! My weight hasn't went up from the past few days but it hasn't really gone down either, so I'm hoping to lose at least .5 lb or maybe 1 lb within the next week-and-a-half. I wasn't able to go out and do the walk that I normally do because of the weather the past few days, so I'm hoping that mother nature will chill out long enough for me to do that. I'm sticking to my diet as best I can, I've never kept a diet for more than 2 or 3 weeks so I'm proud of myself that I haven't given up yet. Whether you gain, lose, or stay the same this week, just keep trying your best everyone!
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

Kendi Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #7  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

GM to all of my 3FC family!
I would like to report “I am so glad to be back.”
But the opposite of this is true!
I seriously had the TIME OF MY LIFE with all of the international people I met abroad!
We visited Montego Bay, Jamaica: Grand Cayman Island: & Puerta Maya, Mexico (Cozumel).
I drove 6 hours with my aunt and my parents, b/c none of them wanted to drive. Before we arrived in New Orleans, I had 3 backseat drivers! When I finally was able to get out of the driver’s seat, I said that I would not be driving from that point on, & I didn’t!
Once we got to the port to board, I just went my own way. We spent most of our dinnertimes together and went to a couple of the on board shows together—throw in a breakfast & lunch or 2—and that was really about it as far as family time was concerned.
I met so many people! This particular cruise had many “girls only” groups, so I truly fit right in no matter where I went.

I made the most of every waking moment. Of course, there weren’t many sleeping moments! I slept maybe 3-4 hrs/day! I really wasn’t tired. I was always doing something. I was defo to busy for tracking or trying to keep up with every morsel of food. I didn’t really eat a lot either, but what I did eat was mostly seafood! I ate chicken once—Jerk style—in Jamaica (their siggy food). The rest of the time, I chose all types of seafood, prepared many different ways, like: conch, mussels, clams, shrimp, shark, alligator, scallops (my least fave), salmon, crab cakes (my FAVE) , and other fish.

I drank a great deal too, mostly rum. You could enjoy the Tortuga flavors straight, without a chaser. I think there was only 1 day I didn’t have something alcoholic to drink. It’s funny because the night I drank Merlot was the only night I was truly intoxicated. I can’t drink enough rum to get as tipsy as I can by drinking 16 oz of Merlot. To me, this worked out in my favor!

Activities I enjoyed:
zip-lining, swimming, snorkeling, shopping, sight-seeing, running, walking (lots and lots of walking), dancing, caught a couple comedy shows (very funny), deck parties, star-gazing **actually, this list could get really long! I’ll spare you all.

The only part I didn’t like was when we entered the mouth of the Mississippi Channel to come home. I felt an overpowering sense of impending doom. I DID NOT want to get off that boat!!

Many people were in constant complaint about something, even the smallest of things. (I was on a ship full of American passengers, I really didn’t expect to see less than this!) But not Me! I loved every moment of it—the sea, the sun, the crew, the food, the entertainment, the excursions, the service, the islands, & the tour guides (I have a fetish for tour guides I think!). Most of all, I loved the international people I met. I loved discovering their culture and just being able to try to make them laugh, despite their present situation.

I left weighing 148.8 and returned weighing 151.4 with TOM, so I think I can pretty much say I didn’t gain any weight while I was gone! This water will be gone, along with TOM by Friday. I also got a cellulite treatment while I was there and lost 1 inch off of each upper arm and 2 ¼ inches off of my abdomen and hip area! YAAA ME!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #8  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Diana!

Hi Krystal and so glad you had so much fun!

I would give longer "hi"s, but even this early, have had everyone but the kids up. Today we go to pick up the "new to me" car... it's used, but 2011 Sonata... I can't wait to have a fuel efficient vehicle (been driving a 12 yr old Buick boat) Elliptical last night for the fat burner mode
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #9  

Just a quick check in today. Got in my walk with my gf and the rest of the day will be laundry, some house cleaning, more laundry, at least 30 minutes of weeding, and then I think I may do some laundry. Get the picture? My SIL is stopping by today because she will be in town so I have to get my butt in gear. I would like to make something homemade to offer her too, maybe make some muffins. Not sure I will get this all done, but I will be moving a lot to day. Weights will have to be T/Th/Sa this week.

I was over a little on my calories yesterday, I used up some old apples to make a healthy apple crisp and ate a little more than had room for in my calories. It was worth it.

Berry, your day sounds wonderful. DH and I were just talking that we don't get a lot of "us" time as our life is revolving around the kids right now and even when it isn't, they are always around. We love them, but we need to get away, [I]soon[I].

K9 so glad you are back and had a wonderful time. I enjoyed reading your synopsis! I have never been on a cruise, but plan to sometime in the near future.

Nevaeh, congrats on your loss!

Kendi, to check in!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #10  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Hi Diana!

Hi Krystal and so glad you had so much fun!

I would give longer "hi"s, but even this early, have had everyone but the kids up. Today we go to pick up the "new to me" car... it's used, but 2011 Sonata... I can't wait to have a fuel efficient vehicle (been driving a 12 yr old Buick boat) Elliptical last night for the fat burner mode
That's a nice car and gets great reviews - you should love it - and didn't get a chance to congratulate you on another great loss this past week!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #11  
Melissa

k9owner so glad it was a wonderful trip. And I hear you on American tourists are the worst, but glad you could ignore their bellyaching and just enjoyed to the max. You make me want to go! (did your parents have fun?)
Old 10-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #12  
Melissa

Went to the vampire this morning to get my health checked out (thyroid, diabetes, cholesterol) and my good luck from last time (one poke) didn't hold up for this time. Dropping all that weight, exercising, including weight lifting didn't help at all. Three pokes to find the vein. One in the left arm - lots of digging (and it now hurts) and nothing). One in the top of my right hand with lots of digging and it hurts to the touch- and nothing. Finally a new vampire and she got it immediately in my right arm. I am so not up for frequent blood draws. I need to stay healthy to avoid the vampire for as much as possible!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #13  
~Krystal~

I forgot the MOST important part of my trip!!
My trip to the SPA!
I bought an Elemis Detox & started today. It's for 3 months and it's the only thing I've bought on a whim in over 10 yrs! Has anyone else heard of Elemis or tried it?
The way the trainer described it was this way:
This is DETOX, not simply a diuretic, weight loss product, or a magic pill that will contour your body without doing anything. The only way to effectively lose weight is the 3 part triangle: EXERCISE, NUTRITION, and DETOX. Detox alone will not make you lose weight, but it detoxifies your body, removing the toxins from your overloaded liver, bloodstream, and fat cells that PREVENT you from getting the results you want. No other diet plans work because they don't take care of the root problem, the toxins making you rebound and making your body unhealthy. This is more for those who care about their health and the longevity of their life, cleanse your body from the toxins bad food has placed all your life so that the other diets and exercise will work. Without detoxing, you wont get the results you want and keep them.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #14  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
k9owner so glad it was a wonderful trip. And I hear you on American tourists are the worst, but glad you could ignore their bellyaching and just enjoyed to the max. You make me want to go! (did your parents have fun?)
Interesting you ask this Melissa.
They are telling everyone they did, but they hated Jamaica.
My mom kept losing everything she put her hands on.
They had leg cramps every night.
They complained about everything.
My dad was bored. He said it was like a city on the water with nothing to do.
He couldn't understand why he was surrounded by so much water and not able to fish!
For a couple of people that "love" boating, they sure felt miserable on this one.
They were so glad to be back home, it was ridiculous!

They even hated dinnertime b/c they had to wear business casual & 1 night formal & we had waiters serving us. (It was not buffet-style). They really didn't even care for a lot of the food. They ate mostly beef and chicken tenders & fries--American things.

So opposite of me--I ate all the Mongolian and Seafood! It was scrumptious!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #15  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Well I'm up a pound to 192.8. Totally expected. I had a carby dinner and didn't get nearly enough sleep from being at my friends house to babysit. I am on plan and drinking water today. I am not stressed about it at all. I will fight on to live another day!!!

Be back later tonight for personals!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote