Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 12:23 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready To Try Again ... #275

WELCOME !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 01-30-2003, 07:34 AM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Thin: we usually have about 100 more or less in a normal day. 215 is a lot for us . We had a normal day yesterday.

Hope all of you have a great day
Old 01-30-2003, 09:24 AM   #3  

Michelle: I am so glad your sweetheart is on the mend. Sometimes drs are idiots! You try and rest when he does so YOU can get back to normal too!

To all you other ladies, goodmorning!

I have lots of errands today so I have to go. We are also having roadrunner (internet) problems and I am having trouble posting.

Talk later! Have a great op day.
Donna
Old 01-30-2003, 09:29 AM   #4  

Morning Girls!!! Today is officail WI day.......yahoo I lost a total of 6lbs for the week!! I will take it with pride. And to make things even better, I got on scale and back in to the 280's. I hit 289, so I still made it to my mini goal for the week. Next weeks mini goal is to exercise at least 3 times out of the week. Oh gosh, how I hate to exercise, but I know if Im to loose all these extra bags Im carrying around with me I have to do it, and I don't want to get skinny and have those fabby things hanging!! Do you lose weight in your Boobs too? I swear, one night when I went to bed I had perky little b's and then the next I woke up and had sagging d cups..... ! Granted that was years ago now, but I still have these big ole 44DD cups and I would like them to get a little smaller!!! Hubby won't like loosing his playtoys, but oh well I will tell him everyone has to sacrifice sometimes and he does not have to give them up completely, just some of them.
Ok girls, Im at work and better get some stuff done before my boss gets here, have to get payroll done today.....
TTYL and Hugs to all
Sandy
Old 01-30-2003, 09:44 AM   #5  

Just popping in to say HI before I head out for Missouri.

Hi !!!!!!

Now that I have said hi.... now I need to say bye and hit the road.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:00 AM   #6  

Oh Michelle, I'm so glad you got a second opinion, some doctors, are so busy and don't take the time to listen and fully check their patients, alot of assuming going on. My friend's son was sick for quite awhile when he was a baby, and the doctor kept on sending him home telling her it was just a flu, and pretty soon he just laid their motionless, and not eating, they took him to another doctor who ran tests right away, and they came back that he had menigitist. Which could kill you in a matter of hours, as well as you could go brain damage and lose your limbs, well thank God he had enough sense to run some tests, the baby had to spend 3 weeks in the hospital, luckly he's a healthy little boy now, and has had no side effects.

Donna Thanks for the prayer, just what I needed

Sandy congrats on the 6lbs lost, it seems like alot of us are in the same weight range, we'll lose this weight together.

Tomorrow I'll post the tally for each persons weight loss since the beginning of the year, please pm with your total loss and I'll add you to the list, sorry girls I can't keep track reading the posts on how much each person has lost so can you please pm weekly with any changes to your stats. Lets be the biggest losers.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #7  
Progress..not perfection

Good morning from cold and dreary Tennessee..... It is so grey and gloomy here this morning...if I didn't know better, I'd think it was gonna snow.

Work has been crazy this morning. Phones have been ringing off the wall. I guess I should thank God for small blessings though....Chatty Cathy has not been very chatty this morning AND brought me a container of Zataran's creole seasoning this morning to season my fish with. Very nice.

Michelle:I am so glad that you have found a good doctor for Andrew and he is back on the road to recovery. I had almost the same problems with Trey when he was younger...he has asthma and before he was actually diagnosed with it, he was in the hospital about 6 times between 6 mos and 18 mos with asthmatic pneumonia and the croup. Those were not good days.

Duckie: I know more than you know what it's like to stress out about money issues. It seems like every time I feel like I'm ahead, I turn around, and I'm behind. Of course, it could have something to do with all the racing stuff I buy. I will say a prayer for you too....we all need one from time to time. By the way, my total weight loss for this month is 9.2.

Donna: I just had to tell you what a sweet thing I thought it was for you to say your prayer in your post for Duckie and Andrew. I am a firm believer in prayer also but don't usually bring it into the group because you never know how some will react. (Please don't get me wrong...I'm sure no one in this group would be offended by me saying a prayer, you just never know about these things.) I think it was wonderful and very special.

2cute: Hello to you too and please be careful and stay safe on your trip. We will be thinking about you while you're gone. {{{{{big hug}}}}}

Sandy:Congrats to you on your 6 lb. loss! That is so awesome! Good for you girl! Also regarding your last post:
Quote:
Do you lose weight in your Boobs too? I swear, one night when I went to bed I had perky little b's and then the next I woke up and had sagging d cups.....
Boy....do I know where you're coming from on that! Although I've never had perky b's.....seems like the good Lord has always blessed me with double d's....however, I have been losing in that area lately. Seems like I am forever hitching the ol' bra up, and when I mentioned to dh I thought I might be losing weight in them, very unhappily he agreed, so I'll take his word for it....he does know first hand, you know.

Ok, I need to reply to more of you, but my boss came in and wants to have a pow wow with us, so I have to cut it short. Please know I love you all and will be thinking of you today. Have a wonderful OP day and be good if you can! That means you too Kat and Lucky!

to all!
Old 01-30-2003, 06:05 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Hey, I'm here...

I just haven't felt much like posting lately. But I have been reading...Donna, you are a hoot! I have quite a few times reading your posts!! I was also touched by your prayer...and look, Andrew has a new doctor and is already feeling better! Duckie, I hope that it works just as quickly for you too!

Congrats to all you losers...I won't even get on the scale this week, I don't want to go suicidal or anything. It has not been a good week. Can't quite put my finger on why, but I;m trying to pull it back together so that next weeks WI is not too horrific.

I don't know if this is a local or a statewide thing, but doctors are planning to shut down their offices on Feb 1,2 and 3...in protest of the high insurance premiums that they must pay...urging patients to contact their congressmen to do something about healthcare reform, caps on lawsuits and the like. All I can say is...the already overloaded ERs are going to be SLAMMED with people that won't be able to see their doctors...Work should be lots of fun next week! And along those lines...here is a public service message, if you don't mind...Don't go the the ER for something that you have had for three weeks...that toothache or ingrown toenail that is really annoying. The E in ER stands for EMERGENCY. The real emergencies are lying on stretchers in hallways because the rooms are jammed with non emergencies. I don't know if it's like that everywhere...but I come into work every night and pray that none of us get sick.

Lecture over...gotta get dinner ready for the crew...I'll try to get back later...with a recipe, of course.

love to all
Old 01-30-2003, 07:12 PM   #9  

Talk about a food stressed week.

I told you about the cookies. Well, Monday there were homemade cinnamon rolls with tons of frosting, Tuesday rice crispie bars, Wed donuts and Thursday cake...
BUT I have persevered.

Nice and warm here today.

Hmm this Romance Novel plan is already working!!! An old boyfriend from Jr. High School comes in the bank quite often. Today he was there waiting and smiling (married now) and it brought back all the old memories, wearing his letter jacket, going to movies etc. Reminded me of "living like a romantic
novel" OR was it the other way around????

I have also decided I might not go to see my Dad more than once a week. It is too awful right now. He is "mean" and demanding to come home. I don't know what to do. I feel like I am 14 again. He can't be reasoned with: 1. You fall down all the time; 2. You think dead people are alive; 3. You can't be alone so am I to quit my job?; and on and on it goes. Okay, enough of
that. 2Cute, we should get our parents together so they can watch each other!!!!

I sent out two resume's yesterday. Keep me in your prayers. Food, water and the scale are doing good.

Gotta get the phone...

Crockpot Cabbage Chili Soup
Recipe By : Bonny Hein
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : Crockpot

Amount Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 Cups Shredded Cabbage
1 Cup Onions -- chopped
3 Cups Tomato Juice
2 Servings Extra Lean Ground Beef 96% Lean -- (1/2 pound)
1 1/4 Cups Healthy Request Tomato Soup -- (1-10.75 oz. can)
1 Can Kidney Beans 15.5 Oz. Can -- rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp Schilling Chili Seasoning Mix (Dry)

Brown ground beef; drain. In a crockpot, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Mix well before serving. Makes 6 1-cup servings (heaping cups)

I like to crunch up fat free saltines in this. Yummy!

(Use more or less chili seasoning, depending on how spicy you like it)(I use bagged coleslaw mix for the cabbage)

Serving Ideas : Beer Bread goes great with this soup!

NOTES : Weight Watchers = 3 points per serving (190.4 Calories, 2.5g fat, 6.1g fiber)

Old 01-30-2003, 10:23 PM   #10  

Just wanted to let you all know I was here to get my fix of daily posts. Can't stay, the hour is late and I have work in the a.m, not to mention getting the kids up and ready for school at 6:30....Waiting patiently for Saturday to get her to sleep in. TTYL
Old 01-31-2003, 12:21 AM   #11  

Good evening all. I never made it to see my parents. It is a long story. But, I was kind of glad I could not go. I was just not up to the depressing situation... and I am doing well on my program and I did not want to fall off the wagon from stress. There was another death here.... Not my family but my daughter-inlaw family.

Lucky.... we can comfort each other. LOL Trust me... I know what you are going through. I keep telling myself to remember the way it "used" to be. My parents were wonderful parents... even though they had their faults and harmed me in ways they don't even know. BUT... I am sure I have harmed my kids in ways that I don't know... Heck... I have harmed them in ways I DO KNOW. But I also know.... I tried my BEST to be a good mom. I sacrificed MUCH for my children. And I know my parents did the same thing for me.

Kat... good to see you back. I hope you are at least reading when you are not posting. I think we all have been where you are. The best way out... is through. Just keep on keeping on... and keep on posting. We love you.

Sandy... congratulations on your 6 lbs !!!!! Did you see that woman on tv who had her boobs weighed and they weighed 16lbs. She said to take two FULL GALLON of milk jugs (6lbs each) and hang one on each side of her husbands chest and see how he liked carrying those babies around.

I have a request.... I love knowing what most of you look like from pictures you have posted and other means. I would LOVE for the newcomers and the oldtimers to post of picture of yourself. It really does make you feel more bonded with each other. Thank you Donna for posting yours. It helps to know you better.

Okay... I have to run. I will try to post in the morning again.
I will be babysitting all weekend so I don't know how often I will make it in.

Thankful Thursday is over I know. But I want to share how thankful I am for all of you. Sometimes I wished I didn't care so much. Those days when you just want to throw in the towel. Well... having all of you here that are keeping on keeping on.... takes away all of my excuses for quitting. Plus... I want to throw a BIG Reunion for all of us when I win the lottery and I have to lose this weight so I can come too.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:54 AM   #12  

As we had roadrunner problems again I had trouble posting and reading so I am on catch up so bear with me!

To all of you that have lost yippeee!

For the boob comment: You mean I will have to carry these suckers forever? Always trying to unload them off my knees and back to my chest area. Oh, say it isn't so! I was planning on having nice 38's or so when I was all finished . Boohoo I am going to have to wear big girl bras forever! (I know in his mind that dh is all ready salivating over the fact these things ain't going away!lol)

I hope everybody is back up and going. IT IS Friday!

My only comment about the dr thing is that, who is being punished by their walkout. Sure the heck ain't the insurance companies. Also, though you are dead on about going to the ER for something you have suffered with, one of the problems I think is that drs no longer are available afterhours like in the old days, at least mine never have been. It is not an easy thing to solve, but though I don't like the government messing in everything, I do think they need to cap malpractice for EVERYTHING! Ok, I am done too!

Sounds like it is really blowing outside so exercise this morning may be fun. I started out yesterday afternoon and one of the neighbors (who I don't know) was walking and wanted me to walk with her. First, she was fit, second, I am not, third, she zoomed and wanted to blab, I do my business and go home and lastly, I got my 1/2 mile in and when we got back to my house stopped. She wanted me to continue with her (she walks an HOUR!) I told her I couldn't and then she said to come by her house anytime and we could walk. She was very nice, but why can't people understand when they aren't carrying two hundred lb sacks of cement everywhere they go? I do what I can! Even my daughter keeps trying to get me to increase my distance and I told her that right now I can't I am going to have to lose more weight to be able to go farther. I at least exercise religiously twice a day no matter what. Last night I even went in good clothes so I could get the second one in. Boy, I am a griper today huh? It just makes me mad that except for people in your own situation, you are not understood.

I am thrilled that yesterday I got a fleece shirt out that I hadn't been able to wear in 5 years and it fit! Phooey on all of them. I just thank you for being there for me all the time.

Have a great op day!
Donna
Old 01-31-2003, 08:27 AM   #13  

REALITY CHECK NEEDED

I did my BMI......oh my its off the charts, like I didn't know that one? Anyway I was happy that in 1 weeks time I went down 1 point on it. But, regardless of that, do you know I would have to get to 145 to be at where the "WORLD" conciders normal? Well thats a long way off and for know I can only dream and hope to get to my goal of 195, even if it says I will still be overweight. I will take overweight to off the charts beyond extremely obese anyday. There just wanted that off my chest!!!Thanks for listening.

Story #2
I went to my other addiction last night BINGO, I stopped at Subway got myself a large Subclub with no mayo or cheese!! So I stayed well within my points range!!! Then this am I get up and that little we all have inside says to me, "don't make that salad for lunch today for work, just stop and get a sandwich at Subway!" Well, I had to debate this for a while and then talked myself right out of it!!! I figure to treat myself once a week with a outing is fine and last night was it, so Im done for the week!! Yes, if your wondering I did make my big ole salad for lunch today for work and will love it every bite because I know Im doing this for me!!! And did I tell you all about the lunch meat that I put in it? If you can get Hillshire farm brand 97%ff you can have like 6 pieces for 1 pt, and the Butterball 98% Turkey you get 4 slices for 1 pt. So, I use 6 slices of the ham (hillshire) and 4 of the Turkey and cut em up and put em in the salad, just so yummy and feel like your cheating cause you can have it in this huge salad and have a real cheap pt meal. Also a good snack if you craving meat.

Well gotta get to work or I'll be late, but you can be assured I will pop in to check the posts to get my daily fix, well can't really call it daily as I check in about 5 times a day.... ADDICTION!!!

Hugs to all
Old 01-31-2003, 12:30 PM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Good morning all my lovelies! How are you all this morning? I'm here at work (as usual) and our mid shift person just came in, so Chatty Cathy has someone to talk to other than me.....so I'm doing pretty well.

I had a disturbing bout with chest pain this morning that scared me, but I'm sure it was just due to stress. My chest hurt, all the way through to my back and then ran up into the left side of the back of my head. I walked around the office for a little bit and took some aspirin and felt a little better after I ate. I still feel a little off kilter, but better.

Not sure what the plans are for later tonight......dh & I thought we would do the whole dinner and a movie thing. We've only got one of the boys tonight as my older one is spending the night with a pal. I almost didn't let him go because his room is one huge mess.....but isn't it always?

I am happy to say that today I will be filling in the last square on my calendar for the month of January today and to this point, I have been within my points every day. After I fill in today's totals, tomorrow I will post my points, water drank and exercise for the month of January. I get such a feeling of accomplishment being able to look at this little calendar and knowing that I have accounted for every day in the month of January.

Ok, onto replys:

Sandy: I think you should be allowed to treat yourself every now and again without feeling guilty. I sometimes think I have been far too rough on myself lately, but then when I look at the big picture, I may have been a little too slack at times too. Thanks for the ideas on the salad too. I've got a big bag of salad mix just wasting away in the refrigerator at the moment and I'll be fixing me a nice one for dinner.

Donna: I don't think that you are being a griper at all....I think you're just stating the way that you feel, and that's what we are here for. I remember when I was trying to lose weight several years ago and my Mom had this great idea that we should meet at the local mall every morning and walk together. At the time, she weighed about 130 lbs less than me. She weighed a cool 170 and I was at the 300 mark. She never walked beside me, she was always two to three steps in front of me and she loved to turn around and say, "Come on Tina...can't you walk any faster than that?" That would agrivate me to no end. One day, as she was walking much faster than me and asked me that lovely question.... I said, "I tell you what Mom....after we get through walking, we're going to the grocery story and I'm buying 10-10 lb. bags of potatoes. I'm going to hang two around your neck, two around each arm and two around each leg and when you're carrying the weight around that I am....we'll see how fast you go." Funny.....I never heard another word after that. Of course, I stopped walking with my Mom after that too.

2cute: I know where you're coming from as well. As you know, or you may not know....it was no picnic growing up in my house. With an alcoholic for a father and my Mom being the poster child for Prozac, it was anything but a bed of roses. I have spent my entire life saying again and again to myself that I will never do the things to my children that my parents did to me.......and I don't. But, I do say things sometimes, that when I hear them come out of my mouth, I hear my mother's voice. I hate that. It is something I have to work daily on. I have never been big on spanking... I usually just end up grounding them or making them write sentences. They hate that. I believe sometimes the most vicious things that can be done to children can simply come out of the parents mouth. My youngest (9) is overweight and sometimes I will hear myself say, "Do you really think you need that?" (big visions of my Mom) He is overly sensitive about his weight anyways, and when I say something like that, he will get this horrible look on his face, like I've slapped him and he says, "You think I'm fat, don't you? You hate me!" And then he runs off to his room. Then I have to go to his room and soothe his ruffled feathers and all that mess. Geez....have I been rambling or what? Should have just been simple and said, "I know where you're coming from."

Lucky: I'm sorry you're having such a rough time with your Dad. I haven't exactly been in the position that you're in now, and with my relationship with my Dad being the way it is....I'm kinda afraid to find out what type of person I will be when he gets to that stage. Hopefully, I'll never have to find out. I know there are temptations at every turn, but you stay strong and remember, I am always there pulling for you.

Well ladies, I have been here long enough...phones are ringing off the wall, and I suppose they would like some help...you think? Have a wonderful day everyone and I will check in with you later.

Oh, 2cute, it's amazing how often we think alike....I LOVE it when we post pictures. Here's mine for everyone...

Old 01-31-2003, 01:38 PM   #15  

Trying Again for 2003
Total Loss Per Member
Since Jan 1, 2003

Baylee 10lbs
peekabooangel 6lbs
QueenB 9.2lbs
Thinthinker 6lbs
bobsgal 7lbs
Kat 9lbs
Duckie 11lbs

----------------------------------------------------