Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 9/19 - 9/25

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-25-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Down 2 more lbs today to 213

9/18/11 - Sun -goal 1201 calories - actual was 744 (457 under)

My sodium was 647 mg which is 653 mg under my goal of 1500 mg

Larry,
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #3  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Hello, everyone! I hope we all have a great OP week!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #4  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Have had an awesome weekend! Had friends over Saturday, went to another family's place today... got on the elliptical for the first time in over a week today..when it came time to do the stretches, my body had forgotten what it knew and it burned... time to remind it now that the food poisoning has cleared out of system though Hope everyone has an OP week!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #5  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Hey, I just realized that it's been 4 months since I joined this thread! This is the longest I've ever stuck with losing weight. (And not coincidentally, the most I've ever lost on purpose )
Old 09-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #6  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

GM ALL

As I’m sure you can tell, I don’t keep normal business hours
I slept horrible Sunday. I am up bright and early at 1 a.m. CST!
Making superior use of my time too! I went ahead and got my walk in on my early, b/c I’ll sleep later today-

So, I am going on a cruise the first week of October.
It was supposed to be a “Women’s Retreat” type deal, but somehow my dad is going
My aunt, mom, and I are going with about 14 other WOMEN to Cozumel, Montego Bay, and the Caymans. So, Sunday afternoon, we had a meeting to discuss the trip (many of the women have been before, my mom and I have not). So, we are sitting there discussing motion-sickness patches, and I replied to one of the ladies, “They are called Scopolamine Patches.” And my mom, of course, tells all of them, “She’s a nurse, she knows all that stuff!” GREAT! Thx mom! {I make it a habit of containing that info!}
Then, one of the women—who went last yr—was discussing the food and she was raving about some disgusting-sounding choc dessert, when my mom chimed in, “Oh, she doesn’t like choc and she is ALWAYS dieting and never eats anything!” OMG!! I wanted to crawl under the table and croak, as I didn’t know ANY of these ladies!

My mom is NOT the social butterfly and has no friends, by choice. I so want to book a bed in one of the rooms with one of the people I don’t know!
I know this sounds mean, but seriously, I get along better with my MIL!

Last edited by K9Owner; 09-19-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:14 AM   #7  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Shish: You really are doing the RIGHT thing by sticking to this. Keep at it, gf. You’re doing great!

Star: BURN BABI BURN

Larry: You’ll be back at you’re low in no time! Great job on the Na++

Pint: You Geaux Girl!! I wish I could check in every 2 weeks and report a 5-8 lb loss!

Linds: Do you have another job lined up yet? Hang in there, something will come along good for you

Jo: OMG! TYVM for sharing that site with us! I LOVE cauli and am looking for new dishes to make!

Melissa: on nice commies!! It’s good to know people notice! My DH didn’t even notice I cut 2” off my hair last week and my colleagues tell me they can’t tell I’ve lost weight b/c I didn’t appear that BIG before! WoW! Really??

MamaKat: on push-ups! I doubt I could do ONE push-up atm!!! I hope your feet are better and NOT infected!

Kristiina: WoW!! 2 lbs already!! That’s the magic of SBD p1!!! for the loss of water weight!!

Diana:

Last edited by K9Owner; 09-19-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
GM ALL

As I’m sure you can tell, I don’t keep normal business hours
I slept horrible Sunday. I am up bright and early at 1 a.m. CST!
Making superior use of my time too! I went ahead and got my walk in on my early, b/c I’ll sleep later today-

So, I am going on a cruise the first week of October.
It was supposed to be a “Women’s Retreat” type deal, but somehow my dad is going
My aunt, mom, and I are going with about 14 other WOMEN to Cozumel, Montego Bay, and the Caymans. So, Sunday afternoon, we had a meeting to discuss the trip (many of the women have been before, my mom and I have not). So, we are sitting there discussing motion-sickness patches, and I replied to one of the ladies, “They are called Scopolamine Patches.” And my mom, of course, tells all of them, “She’s a nurse, she knows all that stuff!” GREAT! Thx mom! {I make it a habit of containing that info!}
Then, one of the women—who went last yr—was discussing the food and she was raving about some disgusting-sounding choc dessert, when my mom chimed in, “Oh, she doesn’t like choc and she is ALWAYS dieting and never eats anything!” OMG!! I wanted to crawl under the table and croak, as I didn’t know ANY of these ladies!

My mom is NOT the social butterfly and has no friends, by choice. I so want to book a bed in one of the rooms with one of the people I don’t know!
I know this sounds mean, but seriously, I get along better with my MIL!
Krystal

It sounds to me like you are very lucky to have a mother who is very very proud of you. You are sometimes uncomfortable with her comments? I sure can relate to that. You know that she says those things out of pride in her daughter's accomplishments and not out of malice. When you are truly proud of your family you want to tell the world. I have Children and grandchildren that I feel that way about.

Most of my uncomfortable social times are caused by my loving wife. I have posted before that I am a long time member of the original 12 step group and I have not drank for 35 years. So what happens very often? We will be out to dinner with people who do not know my background and the waitress will ask would you like to order a drink? Before I can say anything my loving DW will inform the waitress and our companions that "HE CAN'T HAVE THAT, HE IS AN ALCOHOLIC!! " This used to bother the crap out of me until I came to the realization that my DW was doing this as an act of love trying to protect me. She is not doing this as a malicious act at all. I love her and I have come to accept that I will never really have a private life.

You are blessed. There are so many people who were always being put down by their mother or their father all their lives.

Enjoy your cruise!! I used to go on cruises all the time, but the ships were painted haze grey, had guns and it was always a working cruise for me.

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 09-19-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #9  

Up pretty early for a Monday morning, before my alarm by an hour Not that I don't need the sleep and would like more sleep, that's for sure!

Still no change on the scale and that is to be expected right now, but still frustrating. I feel so much thinner, I just don't get it. I really hope I don't plateau 2 pounds below my last plateau, that would just break me.
I am so tempted to go low carb and/or low calorie listening to all you guys and your successes, but I know that is not a long term solution for me and I am trying to find what will work for me in the long run. I am already eating about half the recommended carbs in a day, so I do make pretty good carb choices. I don't know, I just have to keep at it and keep refining it. Ho hum.
Today is supposed to be a shorter run day and weights day. I hope I can pull out of this funk and get to it after I drop the kids to school. I guess I can just sit here and feel sorry for myself or get off my butt and do something about it. I guess my fear is it is all for nothing, that I will be stuck here forever. Sorry to be a downer.

Last edited by jomatho; 09-19-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, miraculously, the scale says the same this morning.

I was up until 3 am because I took my husband to the emergency room as we couldn't keep his fever down and yes, he has pneumonia too. Fever started Friday late afternoon. By Sunday evening it went from mild to an ER visit (per doctor's instructions).

All day today I have to take my son to the autism clinic for testing from 9 am to 3 pm and we'll need to leave at 8 am and won't get home until 4 pm. And before that I need to get my older son to school.

3.5 hours of sleep and no chance for a nap. I do NOT do well with so little sleep AND it's easy for me to make bad food decisions with so little sleep too! Please help me find some will power today!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Well, miraculously, the scale says the same this morning.

I was up until 3 am because I took my husband to the emergency room as we couldn't keep his fever down and yes, he has pneumonia too. Fever started Friday late afternoon. By Sunday evening it went from mild to an ER visit (per doctor's instructions).

All day today I have to take my son to the autism clinic for testing from 9 am to 3 pm and we'll need to leave at 8 am and won't get home until 4 pm. And before that I need to get my older son to school.

3.5 hours of sleep and no chance for a nap. I do NOT do well with so little sleep AND it's easy for me to make bad food decisions with so little sleep too! Please help me find some will power today!
Berry, here is some for you! Stay strong, don't eat away all of the success you have had this week. Pack some snacks/lunch just in case.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #12  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

Krystal I like Larry's POV on your mom. IDK about the 'she's always on a diet' thing and how she might be proud of that, other than she knows that her daughter is determined and health conscience. But I get the nurse thing...who wouldn't sing their daughter's praises. Just look at it from her POV, these other women friends or not, don't know what a wonderful, intelligent woman you are and as a mommy, we want to make sure everyone knows. I do it all the time, I've done on here! We live to embarrass our kids, but we do so lovingly. And let me know if you find a man (straight man) that notices a hair cut. I have done so many things to my hair and I RARELY get "did you do something new to your hair?" Yes, dear, it's blue. So don't hold that against him...it's a sign that they don't love us for our hair and that IS a good thing

Larry you are so funny...your cruising sounds like a free ride as long as you pull you own weight. I bet you had wear some sort of uniform too. I've heard of ships like that, even saw a couple in San Diego Bay (or near). I noticed though that a lot of the 'passengers' were men and they looked happier returning to dry land than they did when they shipped out.

Shish Four months! Awesome. I was thinking about how they say after a few days of stopping smoking your body starts to change for the better and life expectancy is greater/longer. Now replace that idea with losing weight, what a great thing you are doing for yourself and your children. I remember when my eldest started walking/running at the age of 2.5 and for some weird reason he'd run straight for the road. Ugh, it's a terrible thing to see your child running to danger and not being able to catch him. I wish I had more control back then. I'm so glad that you are doing this for yourself now, you will truly reap many benefits, both physically, mentally and even relationship wise (children). Once again you are doing marvelously. Keep it up.

ItsMyTurn glad to hear you are back in action. I hear you on stretching. Time to show your body whose the boss. You're doing great.

I knocked my hip out during core exercises yesterday. In between sets I stretched just a little because my lower back was hurting. I should know better. I should know that stretching especially after working out is a no no for me. I SHOULD know better, but alas I never learn. Although the hip slipped back it still hurts like heck so I'm out for another stinking day! Maybe the bike...maybe. Today is WI, I'll do it after I take the kids to school.

Hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #13  
Melissa

Take care of yourself mamakat!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #14  
Melissa

K9owner

Sorry about your mom's message broadcast to all. The nurse thing was probably a praise thing. The diet thing was probably 'trying to cover for you thing" and both are her trying to show her support of you in her own weird way.

It's funny, how no matter what, people are different and they think they are doing the right thing, but end up doing the wrong thing.

My MIL won't share ANYTHING - keeps it all private. Which you would think it's great, but it's not. Like, my son's autism. She has a friend/family member she talks to every day. We hardly ever talk to this person. THis person met my son and it was during a time he was having a hard time (he was terrified of her as she was too pushy - when he was three).

So, my MIL listens to this family member say things like, "I don't know what was wrong with him." Always screaming - wouldn't eat anything. I could show those parents how to get him to eat." and so on. My MIL never once said, "X, he has autism and he was scared or overwhelmed.' It would explain so much.

But no, she didn't want to 'share' the autism as that should be something we do as parents, not her as grandma. She did the same with your neighbor. Neighbor asked my MIL, "Is there something wrong with your grandson? He was screaming one day (when he was 4)" She said, "I don't know." Like autism is some big secret!!! Why say, "I don't know what's wrong" when she KNOWS what's wrong and could inform people so that maybe they would be a bit more understanding!

But, she's doing what she thinks is best - thinking she's protecting him... when she's actually harming him. They can't win!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:02 AM   #15  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Berry what a summer! OMG I am so sorry for all of you, especially DH right now. I hope he gets better soon. I hope that you make it through today. I am sending you and your family all my best vibes ((best vibes)) and hoping beyond hoping that things get better very very soon.

Jomatho are you ready for Kat's famous lecture? I know that right now you want to see the scale move and I'm pretty sure it will, give it time. BUT you are not doing this for nothing. The scale isn't your only sign of success. Were you running last year? Were you eating well last year? Or for that matter the years before? Every day that is a success in meeting a healthy eating plan and/or exercise you are doing fabulous things that you can't see. Your heart is stronger, you lungs are stronger, your muscles are stronger. The organs inside your body and believe it or not your blood itself, thanks you every day by function better because you are functioning better.

Here's a little reality check, that has really worked for me. I walk to that boardwalk and then the boardwalk. At the beginning of the summer, I could barely make that boardwalk and that was with a cane. Now as I walk to the boardwalk I see a woman (an obese woman) who is in a motorized wheelchair. That could be us, without proper diet and exercise. BUT it's NOT. We are doing what we can do live a better life. I KNOW that we want to look thinner and be thinner, but weightloss and healthy living is SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT.

What you are doing now, may not be seen, but you are doing so much for yourself that you shouldn't be disheartened. I know we all want others to notice how much we've lost and we want to wear better clothes and feel all around better about ourselves, that's natural. And with all those feelings now look at your children...do they care, does their love change because you do? No. But they do care that you're healthy and that you'll be around a lot longer now that you are making a difference in your life.

Don't let the scale rule you. Let the knowledge that you are doing the right things and fighting for yourself motivate you. The numbers are really just the icing. All my best to you, my friend
Closed Thread