Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Smile Weight Loss Mission Statement: What's yours?

I thought it would be fun to see people post their weight loss goals in terms of mission statements. I can't even say what brought the thought to my mind, but why not?

A mission statement is generally a short paragraph used mostly for businesses or non-profit organizations to positively spread the word about their purpose, how they're achieving their purpose, and what values guide their work.

What are the opportunities or needs that we exist to address? (the purpose)

What are we doing to address these needs? (the business)

What principles or beliefs guide our work? (the values)

---

My answers are as follows:

The purpose: to build permanent healthy habits, to increase my fitness level, to lose excess fat, and to maintain any weight lost

The business: using Weight Watchers PointsPlus for monitoring food, regular activity to increase fitness levels, and following Beck Diet Solution for building healthy habits

The values: to celebrate every step I take as I take it, to ensure that this journey is a happy and healthy one by focusing on the positive, and to nurture and care for my body

So I pared it down, and wrote it out as such:

My mission is to build permanent, healthy habits through daily practice, to increase my fitness level and lose excess fat by committing to regular activity and monitoring my food intake, and to maintain any weight lost all the while ensuring that this journey is a happy and healthy one by celebrating every step I take as I take it.

Does anyone else have a mission statement?

Last edited by Lovely; 09-12-2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Spelling! As usual =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #2  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I like this. Mine's a little wordy but it works for me.

The purpose: to get fit and healthy and to have a body that I feel good about in terms of how I look and what I can do and keep up with my active child

The business: using the Dukan Diet and working through all 4 phases to lose the weight and learn how to maintain my new fit and healthy body. And adding purposeful activity to my life on a consistent basis, so that I can also enjoy an active lifestyle for fun.

The values: to make myself and my own health as big of a priority as anything else in my life and to take the time I need to be active and to support on plan eating.

My mission to get fit and healthy and to have a body that I feel good about in terms of how I look and what I can do (keeping up with my active child!) by using the Dukan Diet and working through all 4 phases to lose the weight and learn how to maintain my new fit and healthy body including adding purposeful activity to my life on a consistent basis, so that I can also enjoy an active lifestyle for fun while enuring that I make myself and my own health as big of a priority as anything else in my life and take the time I need to be active and to support on plan eating.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I just wanna lose weight, and keep it off for good this time!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #4  
Not anymore!

S/C/G: 300/250/140

Height: 5"3"

Default Getting back on the wagon!

I found this thread looking for support to get back on the wagon and I thought staying my goals would help me stick with them. I was doing really good for the last 3 years and this last year I feel off the wagon and let life get the best of me.

The purpose: to build permanent healthy habits, to increase my fitness level, to lose excess fat, and to maintain any weight lost. I would like to be 200 by Christmas and 160ish by Sept of 2012. I going to be a brides maid for my best girl Carla's wedding and I would like to not be the "fat bride's maid".

The business: modified Reboot diet. Veggie and fruit juice for breakfast. Protein, veggies and fruits for lunch and dinner. Milk and yogurt are ok but no extra sugar or breads or anything refine. (whole grains are ok)

The values: to live happily and healthy without regret.
discoloration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

To keep it off this time! Even if I never make it below 145 again (which would be really disappointing), and never lose another pound, I want to stay under 150 permanently, and at a size 6.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5'10"

To lose slowly. If I only lose 3 pounds a month, at least I'm losing. And to not put any time limits on my weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race.
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote