3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   This weekend I will ..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/242721-weekend-i-will.html)

NEMom 09-09-2011 10:05 AM

This weekend I will .....

Weekends are really hard for me to stay on plan. I find myself getting foods I shouldn't and not tracking my calories like I should. To help hold myself accountable this weekend, I am making a public pledge to:
1) Drink water
2) Stay away from junk food
3) Track my calories and stay within my daily limit
4) Take a walk - I do not exercise on the weekend but I do a lot of house cleaning and other things.

I will check in on Monday to let you know if I was successful or not.

What are your tips and tricks for staying on track over the weekend???

mamakat 09-09-2011 10:10 AM

All good goals :)

tip to stay away from junk food: don't have it around. I know that's hard if you have kids. I don't buy it for the kids (DH does) and if they eat it in front of me, I walk away or ask them to.
walking can be a family thing too. I made my family hike this summer :) We have a boardwalk here at the beach, made them do that too. Exercise is beneficial for everyone :)

Good luck :D

Lovely 09-09-2011 10:17 AM

Great goals for the weekend!

You can definitely achieve those things!

sacha 09-09-2011 10:17 AM

I keep weekday routines and make sure to go for a long 1-1.5 hour walk with baby in sling and doggie ;)

djs06 09-09-2011 10:18 AM

Go you!

I also have a huge problem with weekends. A few things have helped me:

1. I do usually have a Saturday dinner out, but that's typically my only heavy meal of the week. I figure if I limit myself to one meal out in the whole week, my weekend isn't so bad. It's the slippery slope of "well, I already ate that greasy burger... might as well have this [ice cream, cookie, whatever]" that has thrown off my weekends. I'm no longer allowed to do that. I've noticed that the need and the "looking forward to" this meal has actually decreased in the last few weeks. I enjoy it, but I don't obsess about it.
2. I used to be dead set against working out on weekends. But actually, it's a great time to do it because I'm not rushing out to get to work. I spend a little extra time at the gym (nothing crazy, just maybe 15 extra minutes) on Saturday or Sunday- and I've found that Saturday is better, because if it coincides with my dinner out, I'll limit myself more knowing that I spent an hour doing something good for myself, why mess that up?
3. I make sure to make bigger portions of dinner later in the week so I have some leftovers for lunch on Saturday and lunch/dinner Sunday. This helps because I never cook on the weekends. I'm lazy.
4. I try to stay on a normal-ish sleep schedule. I used to nap on at least one of the days, but for some reason I wake up from naps voraciously hungry and then I'm groggy and cranky for a few hours, and it's a cycle that makes me just want to eat. Plus I don't want to throw myself off sleepwise for the week, so going to bed at a normal hour and not sleeping in a crazy amount has been helpful.
5. This is something I don't usually do, but I should- working on it! Ha. Get out, have fun, and do stuff. Just stay occupied and engaged to stay away from the kitchen! I'm not thinking about food if I'm doing something fun.

runningfromfat 09-09-2011 10:21 AM

Ok, not really a tip but something I've been thinking about lately. I realized last weekend I was A LOT hungrier on the weekend. Then I started asking myself why? Well, it's pretty obvious. On the weekend I rarely sit down!

DH and I thoroughly clean the apt Sat morning. Then we do some major grocery shopping (sometimes involves multiple stores). We also normally have a few errands to run AND we try to get in some outside time/family time (last weekend we went and played pingpong for awhile, for instance). We also try to get DD to the pool once on the weekend too. Oh, and we don't have a car so all the errands/grocery shopping is on foot!

So I'm going to try to consciously eat a BIT more this weekend and see if that helps. I just want to work on eating healthy foods but I started to think that if I purposely add in more healthy snacks on those super busy days that that might prevent me from wanting to order a pizza Sat. night. ;)

Two threes are six 09-12-2011 03:28 AM

I'm pretty useless at the weekend - like this weekend, for example! I need to get a grip on how to resist the temptations. I collapsed completely last night and made a large chicken curry using one of those sauces from a jar!

Well, I'm back on track now. It's the routine I miss at the weekend.