What Are Your Weight Loss Goals?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Just out of curiosity what are everyones weight loss goals. Mine is to be able to fit in size four and wear high waisted pants.
  • Same- size four. My frame was meant for it, but years of regularly eating junk food has kept me from feeling my best. Not a very complicated reason or goal, but suits me fine.
  • Mine is a strictly a scale weight goal for now. My goal is 143 pounds which would place me in the middle of the healthy height to weight chart range.

I have no idea at all what size clothing that weight will bring because it has been Fifty (50) years since I last weighed 143 pounds

I am curious as what size pants and shirt I will fit when I reach that.

Larry,
  • I have had a lot of goals and tweaked them a lot. I've gotten to the point where I feel very confident and happy with how I look and feel. I want to continue to get stronger but I am pretty happy. I wear a size 12 and weigh about 170. Just shy of losing 100 pounds. I should probebly go ahead and lose 100 pounds. That's a nice round number.
  • Man I have 190 to lose, I am just starting out. GO TEAM CYN!!! hahaha
  • I'd like to get to 146, half of my highest known weight, and in the middle of the healthy range for my height. Ideally, I'd like to be about a size 6, but I'm less concerned with the numerical size as opposed to getting fit and firm.
  • my goal is to first hit 140 lb... then is like to see if I can fit in a size 6. that seems like a nice size to be. :-)
  • For now? Roughly to eventually get out of the 200's. Maybe see a size 16.

More importantly, whatever I do end up losing, NEVER GAIN IT BACK AGAIN.

Even if I can "only" lose x number of pounds, I'd rather maintain x number of pounds lost while eating better and exercising than to be at 331 pounds not moving, not going out, and eating like crap.
  • Getting to a healthy BMI (so <155lbs) is definitely my most important goal. I'd also like to get to a 28 inch waist or under and hopefully end up in a size 8 or lower.

An exercise goal of mine is to eventually be able to deadlift my body weight that would be pretty cool!

I also have the family motivation too. I'm finally wearing a size smaller than my MIL, which made me really happy! I'd like to not stick out when it comes to my extended family/friends many of whom are already at a healthy weight.

Oh, and I'm hoping to get pregnant again once I reach my goal and I want to not be fat when I'm pregnant again (I gave birth at 240lbs last time).

ETA: Big agreement with being able to maintain this weight. Obviously I'll gave through another pregnancy but I really want to work on losing it again ASAP after the pregnant and not put it off for years like I did this time.
  • I have a few goals

1st goal- to weigh 205 by my 4 yr anniversary on OCT 28th

2nd goal - to weigh 185 by Christmas Eve

3rd & final goal - to weigh 155 by St Patrick's Day

I can do it!
  • I've changed my goal several times in the last few months as I continue to lose weight. I want to be 128 lbs/size 4.
  • To finally be able to say I lost 100 lbs. I am only 7 lbs away but these last few are the hardest. Also I am determined to be able to do one arm pushups in the very near future.
  • To weigh 125 lbs.
    To wear something smaller than size 10/XL clothing.
    To be able to fit into the types of clothes I want to wear - and look good in them.
    To be small enough to do all the things I want to do with comfort and confidence (kayaking, traveling, backpacking, etc.).
    To be small enough to be attractive to guys who aren't creeps or knuckledraggers.
  • Mine's firstly to get a healthy BMI. I've always been overweight/bigger than all of my friends, so I am curious (or more like dying) to see if I sam actually the big frame that I've always thought I am. Once I get to that magic 70kg (154 pounds), I'm going to work how much more I can lose. I think that that'll make me a size 10 Australian, seeing as I am currently 10kgs heavier and am am size 12/ small size 14.
    I have a secret desire to be 65kg (143 pounds) or lighter by July next year when I go to a cousins wedding in Seattle.
    I don't want to scary skinny, just nice healthy skinny
  • the biggest one is to be healthier and to be able to keep up with my active 7 year old.

In terms of weight/size, I'd like to be completely out of plus sized clothing, on the top and bottom, Right now, it's 1-2X tops and 16 misses bottoms. I'd like to be a 12-14 top and whatever size bottoms go along with that, since I wear such different sizes right now it's hard to know what that will be.