Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/128/105

Height: 5'2"

Default Girl's Day Out?

Labor day is tomorrow! And you know what that means? Girls day out! This is fun and all but my enthusiasm was dampened when I found out what the plans are. We'll be watching movies and eating popcorn, then going out for ice cream, and eating pizza for dinner. Seriously? Well at least we're walking everywhere I guess. And playing badminton. But that's not nearly enough to undo the damage if I ate all of that. I think I'm just going to eat a slice of pizza. I'm worried I'm going to feel like I'm missing out in a way. Anyone else dealing with this?
Endlessrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #2  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Ouch! I think I got acid reflux just reading that!

Are these plans already set in stone?
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/185/160

Height: 5'6

Remember that the event is really about getting time with your friends, it shouldn't be about the food. You shouldn't feel like you are missing out because you are making better food choices.

Maybe skip the popcorn at the movies and try to find a better dinner option then pizza.
TL0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Eat some fiber befre 15 min ofeating anddrink 2 glasses of water.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #5  
is chubby

Or simply eat just as much that will make you feel ok, but not sickly full. After every bite think if you have enough and if it still tastes like you want it to.

You'll get over the calories and do some more excersize/less eating on non holidays.

I mean lean people pig out once in a while too, but not until they are sick nor more often than 1-2 a month. At least that goes for lean people I know.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Here's what I'd do:

I'd write out on a piece of paper all the activities, and what I'd allow myself to do.

1) Food & movies. - I don't need food to watch movies nor to enjoy my friends' company. So I'd just hang out and watch with the gang.

2) Pizza - A slice or two of pizza would be okay, but I'd be getting myself a small salad to go along with it to fill me up.

3) Ice cream - This depends. If it were my favorite local shop, I'd indulge in one scoop of my favorite flavor. If it were just a Baskin Robbins or Carvel I'd pass without a second thought. If I'm going to have ice cream, it should be the best. I won't waste calories on stuff that isn't superb.

And yes, that sounds food snobbish, but I have to be if I want to balance out whether something is worth the calories or not.

Lastly, I'd enjoy the walking. I'd take a couple extra steps. Or make an excuse to go the long way around the building. Anything for a little bit of movement.

Enjoy the day! And focus on the fun!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote