Need some encouragement

• Rant ahead:

Feeling really down on myself today. As I write this tears are streaming down my face. I am tired! I don't want to be overweight anymore. I have been on a slippery slope for about two months now. The story behind the story is that my fiance' moved to NYC about 2 months ago, I am planning to move 1300 miles to be with him 2/12 our wedding date is planned for 4/12. Since he's been gone Ive given up on myself and my diet. Im lonely, bored, nervous about moving so far away and food seems to fix all of it. I don't want/need a pity party. Just looking for words of encouragement so that I can get back on track again. I have 63 pounds to lose would love to hear from people that have come far on their plans and those starting out (what is your motivation, what do you do on down days./weeks?)

Thanks for ANY help
  • I have weight to lose as well. The hardest thing for me to do is to keep getting back on track because I'm human and I make mistakes. Once I learned that, my weight loss started. But I remember how depressed I felt and how easy it was to forget about exercising and such. Once I made it a priority and stuck to it, even though some days I didn't, it's now normal to me. And exercise makes me happy. I would suggest walking or some light exercise that keeps you upbeat. A really hard workout is only depressing if you can't do it.

Kind of rambling, but I understand where you're at. I was there, too. And congrats on your wedding. Take care of yourself.
  • Hi prettymamma!

I think many of us have been in the can't-get-motivated rut you are in right now. What has worked for others to get out of it may or many not work for you, but I will tell you what's been working lately for me, nonetheless.

I love journaling so I thought that getting on the blogging bandwagon (what took me so long I'll never know) with my sister. We started on July 25th of this year and since I started posting there daily for all to see, it really keeps me accountable, and I have not gone off my diet plan once because of it. It is very motivating for me.

Another motivator is joining a challenge on this board. You become friends with others who have similar goals and you help one another through the tough times and encourage one another through the rough times.

Do you have a friend or relative that needs to lose weight, too, that might be willing to exercise and/or diet with you? That really helps, too.

And just checking in here daily can help wonders! Everyone here is so supportive and friendly. They will cheer you on all the way to your goal.

Best wishes to you and congrats on your upcoming wedding and move. I know it seems scary, but it is also an exciting time for you, too. Try your best to only look at the bright side of it. Remember...what thoughts you constantly put in your mind, whether good or bad, is what your will truely believe about yourself. So make them positive, even if right now you don't believe them. Say them so often to yourself, that one day it will happen, and you'll have the life and body that you've always dreamed of.
  • Thank you both, I am going to recommit myself to blogging and I just joined a "lose 30 pounds by Christmas" challenge on the WW boards. Thank you it just feels good to know others have been where I am
  • Hey,

If you truly love your fiancee, just think of the move as an "adventure", don't stress about it. When I fell in love with my husband (almost 30 yrs ago), I would have moved to anartica and lived in an igloo, knowing we would work everything out.

The weight-loss slump you are in does happen to all of us. Try switchin' up your exercise with a new DVD !