Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/183/117

Height: 5'4"

Default I gave up two weeks ago

Like I said I gave up. I am only losing a pound a month so I finally chucked it all and ate what I wanted and I stopped excersising. I have gained 6 pounds in those two weeks. It took me months to lose the weight and two miserable weeks to gain it back.
I am back here because I have decided to try again, knowing I can only lose a pound a month. It's because of the seroqeul I am taking it causes weight gain. I went to the doctor and they checked me and they can find nothing wrong with me so it is the medicine. Think of a lot of cuss words and you'll get an idea how I feel. My brother asked how much I wanted to lose and when he smiled yes smiled and said it would take 8 years for me to lose the weight I got a extremely sick feeling in my gut. 8 years. 8 YEARS!
Still yet I am going to go back to figuring every pound is a victory and start again. I was down to 206 now I am 212.
It will take me, well, forever at this rate but I eventually will be skinny. And I am going to try what my sister and her husband are doing, low carbs, no bread, crackers, etc. etc. she is down to 177 and she used to weigh more than me. So I will pray that this will help, though I doubt it. But it can't hurt to try can it.
Wish me luck I am going to need it.
I was limiting my calories between 1200 to 1600 a day and at least walking 30 minutes a day plus weight lifting up to an hour a day three days a week. sometimes I would do a leslie sanone dvd. I just have to get back to it. I started back about an hour a go by walking the dog. I hated it but I did it.
Everyone here seems to find success somehow, no matter how many times you start over I just have to get moving again.
So without further ado here's to the next 8 or hopefully less years being a success for me. I can't quit the seroquel it works to good for me. I have a choice of being truely crazy or the size I am. I choice the sane course.
Thanks for reading I just had to write this down so it would be a official restart for me. I can do this, I think!
blueice10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back! I am sorry that your weight loss progress is so slow due to things outside of your control but good for you for coming back and trying again. Keep at it. The weight will come off and you will feel so much better!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #3  

Thank you! And you are right I will feel better. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/147

Height: 5'10''

Good luck blueice! Remember it's not about how fast you lose weight, just think about how great you'll feel when you've lost weight in general
Mimi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #5  

Thanks Mimi!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #6  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Actually, I think you should congratulate yourself! Think about the weight you would have gained because of the medicine had you not been eating properly and exercising!

You saw how easily you gained weight when you stopped doing the right things, think of how many people do gain weight when they start the medicine. Loosing the 1lb per month is a victory!!!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #7  

Thanks! I guess it is a victory of sorts. And people had already started comenting that I looked slimmer. I just have to get back to work. And exercising can be fun. At least the weight lifting part, and I like walking outside with the sun shining on me. Perks me right up1
I think in fact I will go walking right now, I just got done weight lifting. Feels good to get back in the groove of things. I can do this!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #8  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

One way to try to look at it is...8 years is going to go by no matter what. So you can choose to stay on plan during that time and reach goal weight or just keep eating and not exercising and probably put on even more weight. Besides, it's not set in stone that you will only lose one pound each month. There may be a few months a year where you lose 3-4, especially when you start adding more muscle which will allow you to burn more calories all day and night.

Plus, exercising while dieting helps you look like you've lost more than you have. That's a big plus.

All my best to you!!!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:06 PM   #9  

Thanks Sandy!
Exercising diffently helps. I feel better already after getting back on the wagon. My muscles in my arms are burning after lifting weights for the first time in two weeks. Two weeks wow how time flies. I feel like doing more but I don't want to hurt the muscles in my arms. I have all this energy now. I sorta feel like jumping up and down though that would be silly. I will probably do a leslie sanone dvd. that usually wears me out.
I also feel like talking a lot right now not sure why. It is probably the exercise. It always gives me energy. If nothing else I feel better and it's good for my heart. I will have to look at this post tommorrow so I don't give up again. If nothing else I am making myself healthier. PLUS PLUS for me. Feel better look better. Ok i will shush now. I should probably call my boyfriend and talk his ear off and give you all a break.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #10  

Oh and Sandy your skeleton is creeping me out a little. though that is probably the idea. hehehe
Old 08-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #11  

CONGRATULATIONS ON HANGING IN THERE!

Whether you lose 1 pound per week or 1 per month, this is still going to be a lifelong endeavor.
Once you lose all the weight, you then must stay on maintainance.

I am losing 1 pound every week, and I am not that thrilled about it, it seems so slow. I eat 1575 calories a day and log it all on LoseIt.com.

But I still have to maintain my goal weight eventually, no matter what....and for years I'll have to jot down every little bite that goes into my mouth....sigh....

So it might take you a little longer to get to your goal, but you will get there in due time.

Everyone on this website is choosing to be thinner. We are all in it for the long haul.

Weight is the sum of all your choices.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #12  

Thanks Jolina!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

I have to echo what others have said.

You're underselling yourself. Maintaining and even losing a pound a month is a HUGE VICTORY not a "sorta" victory. It's a HUGE VICTORY, because in 8 years you'll have lost 100 pounds instead of gained 100 pounds.

We don't get to choose our struggles in life. Here you are playing with the cards you were dealt and doing something about what you do want to change. That's strength!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

bluice10,
Increase water to 10 glasses a day. Try kettleball swings, that will increase heart rate with weight lifting. Do jumping jack for 30 sec and then do 1 set of weightlifting. What I mean is do weightlifting when hear rate is up. If possible do elliptical and try to keep heart rate in heart burning range.
It wont require 8 years. I am sure. if you enlist your diet here, I am sure people will help you to correct it. Good luck and do not loose heart.We are here for eachother.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Correction:
It is not heart burning but fat burning zone.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote