3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Healthy RAGE! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/241985-healthy-rage.html)

paris in 6 08-30-2011 03:42 AM

Healthy RAGE!

Okay, my issue's really not as dramatic as the title makes it sound, but can any of you relate to feeling irritable/angry/anxious when eating well? Maybe it's the sudden change, as I've only been at this about a week, but these last few days I've just felt like I'm on my last nerve. It feels to me like pms gone bizerk! The weird thing is that it's not for want of food, I'm proud of what I'm doing, I don't feel hungry, I know I'm eating better than I ever have and I'm so psyched to continue. I just don't want to scare away everyone around me in the process!

On a possibly related note, I've also felt flush recently. I assume it's just my body adjusting to the changes? Maybe it's all the extra energy coursing through my normally sluggish junk food laden body? There are so many other positives to focus on, I was just wondering if anyone else experienced any of this when starting out? :dizzy:

zoodoo613 08-30-2011 07:19 AM

I think this has come up before. I think a lot of us have gone through moodier spells while losing weight. It makes sense. You're changing up a lot of things in your life. You're no longer turning to food for comfort. The fat you're losing can alter hormones.

Hang in there. It's not always such a boncy ride.

paris in 6 08-30-2011 08:08 AM

Thanks, zoodoo613, I'm new to these boards, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one. : ) Fully intend to stick it out!

Great work on what you've accomplished so far, by the way. I hope to be there myself someday.

Expunge 08-30-2011 09:40 AM

It could be a hormonal shift - losing visceral fat (the "inside the abdominal cavity" fat - not the under-skin belly fat) releases estrogen, which could definitely be affecting your mood. The good news is that reducing visceral fat is the healthiest part of weight loss!

bargoo 08-30-2011 09:56 AM

I sometimes feel , "I am a grown woman. with my own income, I should be able to have anything I want to eat. That is true but anything I want might include ice cream, cake, pie, cookies and candy. I cannot have any of these on a regular basis or my scales and clothes will let me know about it.

RJ 1980 08-30-2011 10:33 AM

I think I can relate. On the one hand eating on plan makes me feel in control and more productive, on the other hand constantly thinking about what I'm eating, adding up cals etc, can make me anxious and annoyed. It almost gives me a headache if I'm trying to figure out a meal the whole family can eat, or what to do for an event or party with food. Also since binging is my coping mechanism, eating well instead can frustrate me; it's a real battle sometimes, whereas binging is so freeing and 'fun' at the time. (Not later though!)

Not sure I made sense, but yes I do see myself as more irritable while on plan unfortunately.

GonnaTurnHeads 08-30-2011 12:35 PM

Oh yeah! Sometimes, I feel anxious eating *anything* and sometimes, there is so much hype around me eating well, part of me just wants go shove a plate of cheese sticks and chicken fingers in my face.

I think for some of us getting around our issues with food is a bigger deal than working out. It's amazing to see how much of a psychological effect food has on everyone.