Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #46  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Remember my comment from last night about the turnip greens being salty? . . . .

I am really glad that I track calories, weigh ins, etc. It really helps me when I have a gain from certain restaurants, etc. Last night we went to a cafeteria that we haven't been to in a while. My food was good. My calories were good. The food was salty, but not like the soul food restaurant, though. I had a 2 pound gain overnight! They must use MSG in their food. I might have to permanently write off this cafeteria and the soul food restaurant. There's no reason for me to eat lean protein/veggies, stay in my calorie range, but have a 2 pound gain. Insane! It's water weight, but still! Insane!

Weigh In: 146.8
Up: 2 pounds!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #47  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

still - 500 cals burned is a great workout! Nothing to scoff at! You can so totally get back on track... be patient with yourself

zoodoo - you have totally had a ton on your plate with real life going on around you... you can still keep at it If you faltered a bit on exercise or diet, look at it and fix it You have done a ton, this... well, this is nothing in comparison to the day you decided to start

Donna - you TOTALLY can do this On a side note: what an adorable grandbaby!!!! I don't blame you for busting with pride!

Diana - I am sorry to hear about the salt holding your water so badly. I don't think I would want to go to eat at a place where I discovered pounds of water weight hanging on the next day either.
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #48  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Nana--She is adorable!!!

Diana--Thanks for those links! And, yes, you do have an obsession. (but a good one!)

Pint--So glad to see you check in! Sending you .

So, I had my final and presentation last night and I aced them both! Which gave me a 4.0 for the class. Yay!

I haven't weighed myself this morning, because my lovely dh brought me breakfast in bed. Aw! I'm also still incredibly sore from that Jillian Michaels workout.

Yesterday's Info:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, coffee (300)
Snack: 90 cal fiber bar (90)
Lunch: lean cuisine spinach/mushroom pizza (340)
Dinner: snobby joes on homemade pretzel rolls (350)
Dessert: fat free sherbert, chocolate (250)

Calories: 1330
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Oh goodness I have just taken forever just to read all your updates, so I'm afraid I really don't have time for personals today. A couple of things that stuck:

I'm glad most of you got through Irene safely - still nothing from Mamakat though - my thoughts are with her and others in that area. Fingers crossed for nothing more than a slightly annoying power outage...

I can't believe how many exercise vids some of you have! I have 2, one of which I really enjoy, and one which I think I've only done once, as it's so dated I can't take it very seriously! I think maybe if I had more, I'd do them more often, but I feel so guilty kicking my man out of the lounge to jump around! I also worry about the people downstairs, they must think the ceiling's going to fall in sometimes!

I had a fairly good long weekend - yesterday was a Bank holiday. I made terrible food choices, but got back on plan today, so only a couple of days of badness. I'm not sure if I'll ever deal with good food choices on the weekend, eating food I enjoy is really part of my downtime, and there's really not a lot of healthy food I enjoy. One of those things I guess.

I can't believe I've only 2 days until I go on holiday - I'm so disappointed with my lack of weightloss and the thought of being in a bikini fills me with dread and horror - it doesn't matter how many people tell me that it's too late to do anything now so I should stop worrying, it's just one of those things that I'm going to beat myself up about. I'm a bit worried that once I get back I'll struggle even more with motivation. The entire point of me trying to lose this fat was to look acceptable on a beach, so once that target is gone I'm worried I'll give up. I guess there's always next summer!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #50  

I will check back after I have more to report, but catching up on your posts (and stalling to get on the treadmill )I just wanted to give a big hug to Berry TOM sucks, plain and simple. You have a lot going on, just try to forget about the cake and make good decisions today. We are here for you
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #51  

Big hugs for Nanna too , way to get back on the boards and back on track!!!
Oh what a beautiful grandbaby!!!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #52  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Good morning everyone. Wish I could say I got lots of good sleep last night, but I didn't. Got to bed at 11:15 pm and then at 4 am my husband wakes me up because he's hearing strange noises outside. I could tell it was far away and nothing to be concerned about, but he got up to see if anything was happening. Then at 4:30 am my little guy calls me, hearing the same noises and I know he didn't fall back to sleep again and was talkign with himself in his room from then on. Then at 5 am my teen woke up with a 103 temperature... So not enough sleep!!!

But, despite a huge jump on the scale (2 pounds), I know a lot of that is water. I just tallied up what I ate yesterday and it was about 2700 calories. Almost double what I normally eat, but not enough to be freaking out about. I tracked it. I admit it and I am learning from it. Best thing is that I don't feel tempted to do the same again today.

I think it helps that I came downstairs in my new size 12 pants, a new top and a new to me fitness jacket (goodwill find) and my husband just looked and looked at me, shaking his head in an approving way and then said words I never thought I would hear him say, "You are looking thin". Wow!!! This is the man who NEVER gives compliments - like ever and if he does, he is truly sincere in them. So... if that wasn't a huge boost to keep my act together, I don't know what else could be!

First day of school today. I walked the little guy to school, but my older son is still sick, so he's home. Bodypump tonight for exercise.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Diana and Jomatho!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 202/187.8/130

Height: 5' 1''

Hey everyone,

It sounds like everyone has been busy during the summer holidays. I see all of your tickers and see the progress!

I've been away in China and haven't been able to log on...but I'm back and ready to continue working to reach my goal weight.

My plan is to start to exercise. Just that little bit of weightloss has made moving so much easier. I need to pick up my energy level.

Thanks again for all of the great examples.
Jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #54  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Reading through 4 pages of personals
What day is it?
1115pm-4am sounds like AWESOME sleep to me! I would defo take it, uninterrupted!
I'm functioning off of 0830-1pm today
Pls don't ask me to make any significant financial decisions atm

Pint: As strange as this sounds, I thought of you and wondered how you were last Friday!! Glad to see you around!

Nikki: May I just pls share a wif you! Your will to succeed amazes me!

MamaKat: I hope you & your family are well & that you have not gone into a severe manic or depressive state! Thinking of you today, gf!

I seriously don't know what day it is. I am very tired from 2 nites at the hospital. I was in charge last nite & managed to leave on time, but worked my rear off to do so. We had a completely FULL hospital when I left, which is never a good thing, many call-ins for today & tonight & no one willing to give up their real life to come to work on an already short staffed environment (including me!) This is my area if specialty, since I cover for people when they call in or make the additional nurse when the unit is short, but they have worked me like crazy the last 2 nites and even trying to convince my body to repeat another 13.5 hr shift is next to impossible at this point! I'm exhausted!!

I did have a GREAT wknd eating-wise and stayed under 1500 cals Sun/Mon! I'm excited for that, but I must get these tired bones if I plan to see any movement on my scale in the opposite direction of UP!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #55  
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

I've been slacking getting on and posting. Doing GREAT eating right and being active. Packing my lunch every day or grabbing a salad from the cafeteria has helped alot. Tom's back and thats not helping. My weight went up about 2 weeks ago and has dropped again since I'm at about 183 right now. Hopefully I'll get back to dropping lbs real soon. I can't stand being in the 180's any longer. I'm ready to see 170-something!!!! and so on as long as it's on the downward spiral!
MsThickMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #56  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

So yesterday I couldn't stop eating and today I'm just not hungry. It's 5:30 and I've consumed 430 calories. I should eat dinner before bodypump, but I'm not hungry. Guess I'll eat a snack and eat dinner when i get back.

Went window shopping today and tried on a pair of "Not your Daughter's Jeans". I picked up a 12 and they fit just fine now or a little loose. I need a 10 (didn't have time to try them on). Serious vanity sizes going on there!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Eating's been fine today, although I don't know what I'll have for dinner. I also don't know how I'm going to get any exercise in. My boss threw me under the bus, and I've got way more work from him than I can do in the time I have to do it, in addition to something I promised someone else, because I didn't know I was going to have to do all this. And then he had the audacity to say, while telling me about this work, "Gotta love how people communicate around here." I checked with the project manager; Bill knew about this work a long time ago, he just never gave it to me. Gee, thanks.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #58  
BlockHead =)

48 hours without power. Lost some food but most ok. Glad to be able to take a real shower, cook a hot meal, and get online. DS did surprisingly well as he was home alone yesterday with no electronics My eating was ok. I didn't track. Lots of snacking, mostly on peanuts which were salty. I did eats 1/2 of a no bake cookie out of a bag from the freezer. It wasn't very good and I didn't finish it.
Has anyone heard from mamakat?
I will catch up with everyone ASAP.
Hope everyone is having a happy, healthy week!
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #59  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Kept on track for 2 days now. ~ Well this week, I still did pretty good last week & the week before ~
Had Apple Bee's, a bit too much sodium but still under my calorie range & I worked my butt off earlier, so it's all good

I feel SO much better staying on track! It's a great feeling! Exercising is helping too

Last edited by omgzitsmiranda; 08-30-2011 at 07:23 PM.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #60  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Evening to all! Sry I've been MIA. Internship is sucking the energy out of me. I'm still stalled out the last couple days...not sure why but I'm getting sick of it. Hoping for a loss this week. OMG! Anyway, off to do homework, run and sleep....oh and shower.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote