Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #16  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexychick View Post
@JohnP How do you suggest I lose weight faster?
Apparently you were being figurative and not literal.

Without knowing more about your height and weight I am unable to make any suggestions. You're currently losing aproximately a lb a week which is a deficit of about 500 calories a day. If you're 160 trying to get to 120 this is pretty good. If you're 650lbs trying to get to 200 than this is pretty slow.

Context matters and without knowing yours how could I possibly make a suggestion on how to lose weight faster.

Regardless - I would highly advise you to educate yourself on the basics. The basics are - calories, macronutrients, exercise and sleep. Here - I have a few minutes I'll tell you everything you need to know.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/215/135

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

I want to be skinny!!! I am so tired of being fat. My weight hinders everything I do. I know the obesity rate is really high, but it seems like everyone I see is thin. I want to be thin so I don't have to think about my weight constantly. I'm exhausted from worrying and thinking about it so much. It consumes way too much of my time.
cuddy2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I do not want to be skinny!!

I do want very much to be thin!!

To me there is a world of difference. Skinny evokes a picture in my mind of under weight, starving people such as Bangladesh Thin on the other hand gives me a mental picture of a healthy and fit person.

I want this because at 67 years of age I believe this might be my last chance to be healthy and fit.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I want to get down to a healthy weight as well. Charts and stuff say for my height I should weigh around 110 to 120 but I don't see this as a realistic goal. So for now I'm pushing for 170 then work my way down 10 pounds at a time and see how far I get.
jamber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I also don't want to be skinny, I do want to be healthy and in my goal weight. For me, that is around 140. I am 175 right now. My main reason is quite simple: I'm an actor, I need to look good, I need to be healthy enough to dance onstage without being out of breath. Even though vanity figures into the equation, being healthy enough to do what I love matters most.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddy2125 View Post
I want to be skinny!!! I am so tired of being fat. My weight hinders everything I do. I know the obesity rate is really high, but it seems like everyone I see is thin. I want to be thin so I don't have to think about my weight constantly. I'm exhausted from worrying and thinking about it so much. It consumes way too much of my time.
Hi, I've been maintaining a 70+ weight loss for over 6 years. Everything I did to lose weight, I still do, every day. Maintenance looks exactly like weight loss except I eat more healthy calories every day.

All the work, all the planning, all the shopping, all the lunch packing, all the choosing carefully in restaurants, all the saying "no" to random birthday cake at work - never ended for me.

I still think a lot about weight and food, but I like to think it's positive. It I were a pianist - I'd have to practice the piano every day. If I learned a language, I'd have to speak it to stay fluent. If I were an Olympic athlete I would train and train, every day. If I wanted to save money, I'd create a budget and keep track of it regularly.

Why is weight some magic thing that should require 0 effort?

Last edited by Glory87; 08-29-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #22  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

I want to be skinny- I wont lie. It actually took me a long time to allow myself that (I come from a family of underachievers, and somehow exercise or eating a lot of veggies made me feel bad.) But I'm 23, and might as well do whatever I want while I'm young. I'm prepared to not be as skinny when I'm older. I've been pretty successful so far; just taking it slow and adjusting to skinny life.
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #23  

I just can't wait to get it off. My mood is def better since I've been eating healthy.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #24  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I don't. I just want to get to a weight I'll feel comfortable. If that means stopping before I get to a healthy bmi than so be it.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 146/138/120

Height: 5'2 1/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamber1234 View Post
I want to get down to a healthy weight as well. Charts and stuff say for my height I should weigh around 110 to 120 but I don't see this as a realistic goal.

@jamber1234...I hear ya. I'm 5'2 also at 130 with a goal of 120 and I know if I got down to 110 it would look horrible.

With that said, I've struggled for years with the concept of "skinny". By definition, skinny is to be unattractivly thin. Still I've always grown up with the understanding that skinny is better as well as being good. We all have a different concept of what skinny and thin and healthy looking is.

I want to be thin. I want to feel good in the clothes that I buy for myself and enjoy trying them on when I'm picking them out. I want to feel like I'm giving my boyfriend the girlfriend he deserves even if he'd love me at any weight. I want to give myself the happy and healthy life that (and it took me a LONG time to say this) I deserve.

I hope that for everyone on here no matter what size or weight that leaves you at.
aleigh3890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #26  
Go Hard!

S/C/G: 227.4/132/127.4

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddy2125 View Post
I want to be thin so I don't have to think about my weight constantly. I'm exhausted from worrying and thinking about it so much. It consumes way too much of my time.
Trust me - I know from experience that no matter what, even if you do get to your perfect "skinny" weight, you will probably think about your weight constantly for the rest of your life. It doesn't stop when you get to a magic number or fit into the magic pant size. Maintenance is just as hard, if not harder, than the initial weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Hi, I've been maintaining a 70+ weight loss for over 6 years. Everything I did to lose weight, I still do, every day. Maintenance looks exactly like weight loss except I eat more healthy calories every day.

All the work, all the planning, all the shopping, all the lunch packing, all the choosing carefully in restaurants, all the saying "no" to random birthday cake at work - never ended for me.

I still think a lot about weight and food, but I like to think it's positive. It I were a pianist - I'd have to practice the piano every day. If I learned a language, I'd have to speak it to stay fluent. If I were an Olympic athlete I would train and train, every day. If I wanted to save money, I'd create a budget and keep track of it regularly.

Agreed 100%.
SC Vitamin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #27  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post

Well said!!!! I know this is why I gained all the weight back when I lost it 2 years ago...I hadn't grasped this concept. There may be people out there who are naturally skinny and don't have to work to keep the weight off, but we're not them. That's why we're on this board in the first place, lol.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #28  

so instead of trying to come to an agreement on what skinny is defined as..

what do you ladies and gents say we share things that we're doing to get the weight off?

Personally for now all i've done is cut out late night eating and soda.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #29  

@jamber1234 I have cut out all the processed foods, soda, juices, all the junk foods. I have been losing weight slowly but I've been seeing alot of progress.
sexychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:21 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexychick View Post
Yes I know how you feel I have a sister also who is very skinny and walks around the house half naked all confident and comfortable with herself while I barely even want to show my arms. What have you tried to lose weight that wasn't worked for you?
Know exactly what you mean, my two younger sisters are the same. All slim, tanned, gorgeous and confident, whereas I live in black, long-sleeves and jeans even in summer. Still give me time and I shall be stealing their clothes!
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote