Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/128/105

Height: 5'2"

Question Tactile reminders?

School is starting up tomorrow (possibly Tuesday due to damage from Irene) so I needed to buy myself some jeans. I'm currently a tight-ish 6S petite. So that's what I got. 6 petites. On some of the forum's people say that they have like goal pants I guess you could say. Like what you want to be able to fit in. Does it work? Most tactile reminders help me so I thought this might be a good idea to try. But I'm also afraid that I'll fail and my cute jeans will go to waste! Then I'm afraid I might say "forget this" and call it quits. Or maybe I'm just worrying too much. Anyone else try this?
Endlessrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Yep, it sounds like you're thinking too much, but I know how you feel! I have my goal jeans, only I can't get them on. I have worn them, but I have outgrown them twice now. I hope to be able to wear them in October.

I have other clothes that when I wear them, I am reminded of my goal. They used to fit. Now they are tight.

My big tactile reminder is the feeling of wearing shorts without them riding up! I knew I had hit a gain-milestone when my shorts started riding up again. The fact that they were tight was not enough. I had to hit that point to seriously start losing weight again.

You'll make it! Don't think about what might happen that's bad...focus on the good. The fact that you could even get your goal pants ON is quite good, in my book!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, is this really a tactile goal? I mean, you can fit into them, even if a bit tight, so I don't see that as like me at a size 20 buying a size 10 in 'hopes' of getting there.

I was an 18/20 (right inbetween) last winter and so ALLLLLL my winter stuff has to be replaced. I'm currently in a loose 14 or tight 12. I opted to buy a few things in 12s. They are slightly tight now, but I can wear them. I figure, I'm on my way there, I shouldn't buy anything that fits perectly now as this size is temporary. Maybe I feel more confident because I have been slowly and steadily losing successfully, but it's also good planning.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
They are slightly tight now, but I can wear them. I figure, I'm on my way there, I shouldn't buy anything that fits perectly now as this size is temporary.
This is what I do too. I buy pants that I can wear now, but are tight-ish. It's a good reminder of where I'm going, but it also makes them wearable for a longer period of time. I always feel like my clothes are temporary while I'm losing weight- the fewer temporary clothes I have to buy the better!

I will also add that it's never worked for me to buy something so small that it's like months away from fitting. It starts to feel impossible...but maybe that's just me. To each her own!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote