Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4

Default help

hello im new here ,

ok here is my thing i had the weight loss surgery in 03 but gained back some of the weight i lost ok now ive been told im not eating enough calories but i cant get any more in and im eating healthy i have a yogurt and granola for breakfast i have a light snack of maybe some crackers lunch i eat a sandwich and sliced veggies maybe more sliced veggies or fruit as a snack and dinner before 7 either a sandwich or similar and more veggies or crackers i drink lots!! of water through out the day i do not eat anything after 7 pm so it does not sit in my tummy all night i take a multi vitiaman and calcium 2 x's a day i feel full i have energy im not cranky or feel deprived my job is very slow alot of down time so i walk around the store i bought some slim fast shakes to try and boost my calories but if i eat to much with it i am too full and it dont feel good on my days off work i do cook something small and do work around the yard or walk the dog now i have lost almost 8 lbs since the beginning of aug am i doing something wrong i dont want my body to fight me but i am not hungry
tammyn623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Haven't had WLS but my suggestion would be to get advice from your doctor. According to your stats you are not at goal, is thus correct? If your stats are correct, wouldn't you want to lose more weight to get to goal?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #3  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I don't know anything about WLS, but if you are not getting enough nutrients I would think it would be better to eat a chicken breast than a sandwich. What kind of sandwich are you eating?

And yes, consult your Dr. that's what he's there for
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #4  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
I don't know anything about WLS, but if you are not getting enough nutrients I would think it would be better to eat a chicken breast than a sandwich. What kind of sandwich are you eating?

And yes, consult your Dr. that's what he's there for
I was thinking the same thing. Crackers really aren't that healthy when it comes to carrying nutrients... It's good that you're eating fruits and veggies though. Maybe you could have some greek yogurt with your snacks for some more protein, or natural peanut butter and get some more fat (although I don't know how much fat you're supposed to have.)

I wonder if someone on the WLS board could offer better advice. I hope you get it figured out.
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

UMM... YOUVE LOST 8 POUNDS SINCE BEGINNING OF AUGUST! I dont see the problem....... thats almost 4 pounds a week........ whats the problem again?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4

up date : ive changed my diet a bit instead of crackers ive added more veggies and at least one meal cooked from home its gotten better ive lost 9 lbs now since aug first and i feel good ive set my goal at 200 just as a beginning when i get there ill make another goal
tammyn623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Tammy, have you seen the WLS section of this site? You should check it out - there are a lot of ladies there who have had WLS and a more in-depth experience with your situation.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote