I dont even know! Help!!

• Ok so my waist is 33-34" and I see people that have 24" 25" 26" inch waists and I personally can not even understand how that is possible. My thigh is 27" alone...

I'm 5'1.5" and weigh 157 but I don't think anyone would guess it was that much.
    I don't look big but my measurements just upset me...I don't get how they are so big. Maybe I'm measuring wrong.... :/

Measurements

Under Bust: 36
    Bust: 41
    Waist: 34
    Hips: 40.5 (Confused, is this at the widest part of the butt? if so, 42.5 then.)
    Arm: 11
    Thigh: 27
  • It looks to me that you have a small waist compared to your bust and hips.
  • I wish I could post other pics...
    Having my waist measure 33-34 makes me feel just awful seeing all the 27 and under...

Is it even possible...I don't have hardly any fat under my bust and thats 35-36...I don't think that will ever get smaller considering it's my ribcage...

I don't wanna be setting an unrealistic goal cause a 26-27" waist just doesnt seem possible since that how big my thigh is!
  • 27 and under where though?? A 24,25,26 inch waist is certainly not average at all, even among women in the average/healthy/even fit category. I was a 24" in high school at 100lbs but even now at a normal healthy 130lbs at 5'5, still a 30" waist. And that's after 8 years of weight training!
  • well my BMI is 28.71 so overweight and getting close to obese... :/ I just dont see that either...
    My WHR is .85 so I'm at risk for health issues.
    and my body fat is 27.32%

Those are all done by bmi-calculator . net

And I was seing alot of 20s waist in a thread on here but it wont let me post lis yet
  • Why are you comparing your waist size to the size of random other womens' waists? It's a fruitless exercise because there will always be someone thinner than you.

You would do much better to focus on yourself and to set yourself some goals that match your body type and lifestyle.

*You don't look close to obese in your picture!!
  • There's another thread on here about question your goal weight when you see what other's goals are. This is a different version of that.

If, at your height and weight your waist is 34", it seems unlikely to me that you'll get to mid-20s waist. It's just not what you're shaped like. I'm not likely to ever have hips as small as yours will be at goal because it's not what I'm shaped like. Nor will I ever weigh 115 even though its in the healthy range for me height. Not gonna happen.

Just focus on what you can change and let the rest fall where it may.
  • Me right now:
    150 lb exactly this morning
    5 feet tall

38 bust
    33 underbust
    30 waist
    42 hips widest part
    24 thighs widest part
    12 arms widest part

At 125ish lb (my thinnest that I remember being measured at)
    36 bust
    32-33 underbust
    27-28 waist
    37-38 hips

I looked pretty small/thin at this weight, but never was my waist less than 27. Maybe if I weighed 100 lb, which is in my range- then it might get that small, who knows. Not really trying for that. I need dessert in my life some days, lol.
  • do not worry so much about measurements....yes, you never know where it will settle because we're all different, but don't feel bad about what your measurements are now--they'll soon change ;-)
    you can't really set a goal because size depends on what your frame is like--what were your measurements growing up or when you were at around your goal weight? That might be a better indication of what is a good goal.
    Oh, and to try and make you more comfortable, I will share with you my waist measurements: started with 38"(!!!) and it is now 29.25" and working on it!

and my body fat % is still 32% eeee! lol so I have still quite a ways to go. Growing up I was considered 'fat' with a waist of 27.5", so maybe I can be smaller...who knows. I am just thankful it is no longer 38"!!! Think about this slimming down business like you're opening up the most awesome Christmas present ever.....VEEERRRRY SLOOOOOWLY.
  • Ah, I see what's happening here! It's the dreaded short person problem! I get frustrated, too. I weigh a lot less than a lot of other people, but I'm so short that my measurements are blah.

Here's mine:

Under Bust: 32
    Bust: 39
    Waist: 33
    Hips: 40
    Arm: 10
    Thigh: 20
  • You are prob not measuring wrong, but don't even sweat it...I measured my ribcage and no matter how much weight i lose I will never be as small as my petite sister's ribcage measurement as I have a larger frame (so I do not even try). Surprisingly though, my natural waist is 26.5 and my belly is 28.5 which is the same as my petite sister, so you may realize that our frame among other things will affect our measurement. Do not stress it as a friend who weighs more than me has a smaller waist even though she has bigger bust and hips (exaggerated waist ). At 157lbs and 5ft 4" my belly was about 32" so as you lose weight you might see the desired changes...chin upsweetie, it will come (or come close)